Sign in to follow this  
outlander

Grassroots Documentation & How-To Project

I am looking to for people willing to become involved in a grassroots project to address some of the short comings in new player guides, how-to and areas related to 'what to expect when new to wurm".

http://forum.wurmonl...levation/��This thread lays out in the last couple posts the scope, end goals and the basic means to do this. What I and others are looking for is help, nothing more or less then your time, to create these helpful docs. As many of us have different knowledge bases and different play styles it was felt just asking might be the way to go..

This is not an attempt to redo the wiki project, displace a team nor is this an attempt to rate anything currently out there. This is in it purest form an attempt by players to fill the void in areas that fall outside the wiki project and current documents. We are asking you to become involved because while there are a lot of nay-sayers quick to point out the flaws in the current documentation I am hoping most are willing to help but just needed to be asked.

If you are interested please just drop a note in this thread and this weekend I will start looking on how best to lead this motley-crew to a success (which might include turning the control to someone more suitable :) ).

Edited by outlander
  • Like 1

This looks great, I'd love to see some more guides around. Sign me up! :)

• Like 1

Well Hot Dog Sign Me up Please :D I have 2 years experiance in this game :D

Include me please, got limited time, but will do whatever I can.

Tentatively speaking, as I'm not sure exactly how this will pan out, I'll help put some things together. Though as you said many of us have different playstyles so there are some things I'd feel more comfortable letting someone else write than doing those parts myself (e.g. cooking, farming).

Lots of people around with lots more experience than I do, but I will do what I can to help,... although my time might be somewhat limited in the next 30- 40 days.

Had a nice discussion with an IRL friend who I was talking to about this project.....after he was done laughing at me due to the total scope he suggest I break this project into tasks. I will be posting a few areas/topics that i have pulled from the forums and ask that anyone who wants to add, sign up for or provide oversight sign up then.

Also, if anyone has this nagging need or want to take this over this is the time to say something ;)

Not dead, just I had(have) strep and was a little off my planned timelines this weekend.

This is dead as far as I care, I stopped caring for a number of reason and have no interest in finishing it to release to the community.

If anyone would like my unfinished doc for the reason of finishing it please feel free to priv-mess me.