Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

Messaging The Mayor Of A Deed

I thought it could be a good idea if there was a way to message a mayor of a settlement via the village token. As some do not have forum accounts, this could help to resolve some issues.

The message could be sent to the email that was used to create the Wurm account for that player.

Lola

• Like 2

Yes, good idea. We have mail but it's not as open/simple as this.

Maybe an alternative mailbox you can put outside of the deed that only lets papyrus notes be placed inside.

The problem is the absent mayors. They can't read the message if they are not on online. We need to communicate with all the people who have vanished to Epic or just stopped playing. There seem to be alot of people with no forum accounts so no way to message them otherwise.

I thought it could be a good idea if there was a way to message a mayor of a settlement via the village token. As some do not have forum accounts, this could help to resolve some issues.

The message could be sent to the email that was used to create the Wurm account for that player.

I was with you until the 2nd sentence, but perhaps an email to the (ex)player explaining they have messages waiting for them ingame would be better

Edit: to get rid of a silliy argument on my part

Edited by Ratlin

Understood. Well maybe someone can come up with an idea how to handle this problem. So far the message telling them they have in-game mail is a decent alternative.

Compulsory forum use is the solution, make it so that when you sign up, an email is sent to you to verify forum access, then to verify your account you need a code that is sent to your forum inbox. Therefore, everyone would have forum access and we'd encourage greater community spirit.

• Like 2

i like the idea ,something like this needs to be ingame , and by the way hi ya lola =)

Great idea, a simple question to a mayor, if he could be contacted, could prevent so many problems. Perhaps it could be sent in a manner similar to pm's.