Sign in to follow this  
Maozorz

Right Click > Place Dirt/sand Pile! - ( ~ New Awesome Poll! ~ ) -

Placing dirt/sand piles finally  

35 members have voted

1. 1. There should be a damn place dirt/sand pile option already!

• YES PLEASE PUT THIS IN IT IS SO NEEDED COME ON DEVS!
    • Yes, put it in - although it's not that urgent.
    • No.

I've seen this suggested before but it's so important I needed to make a new topic.

To make a dirt or sand pile right now you need to drop 2-3 items to make a 'Pile of items', then place your sand or dirt into it (then take back out what you dropped in the first place). This is really annoying, especially when you're doing big terraforming projects, especially when you're doing this for days. It just doesn't make sense that it hasn't been put into Wurm - it should be a given!

We get x update, y update, but still no option to place a pile - why? I just don't understand and I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds this annoying. I don't know anything about java coding, programming etc but looking from the outside it seems like it would be very easy to put in.

This should be in Wurm as standard! Terraforming is a large part of Wurm and this would be one of those updates that is small in size but massive in impact IMO.

What do my fellow Wurmians think about this suggestion?

Edited by Maozorz
  • Like 1

+1 since I've been terraforming a lot and making these piles takes some precious time

As people have suggested before just make dirt automatically pile up like iron ore or rock shards when mining rather than going into your inventory.

• Like 5

As people have suggested before just make dirt automatically pile up like iron ore or rock shards when mining rather than going into your inventory.

Very good idea, also makes a lot of sense and why isn't this update implemented yet?

making piles is easy and more menu choices i don't want so until the UI gets improved -1.

right click dirt -> make pile -> awesome

The only downside to this would be that the level function would become either easier or more frustrating, depending how you look at it.

I've recently been digging out >100 dirt tiles using level and I'm throwing or picking dirt directly from a large cart. If dirt went straight to the floor by the time I hit the 100 limit I'd have to move the dirt or move tiles. I actually like having it come from, or go into, my inventory so that I may manage it better.

I would love that idea for general digging though.

making piles is easy and more menu choices i don't want so until the UI gets improved -1.

IMO this is much more important as a priority before improving the UI.

During mass terraforming making piles is annoying despite how you make them, because you have to make them multiple times over and over, it gets tedious and the items mix with items on adjacent tiles adding to the annoyance, etc. Items sometimes get stuck in slopes and you can't see them or find them until later.

Also, it should already be in Wurm as standard.

-1 to automatic creation of piles as long as the "Level" function exists.

+1 to being able to create a "dirt pile" and adding dirt to it without having to drop 3 random items first.

• Like 1

-1 to any automatic function that fills dirt piles for you.

• Like 1

I keep at least 3 healing covers that weigh .02kg in inventory

Almost 0 weight and are quite large on the ground