Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Creatures Not Entering Deed, Plus Bugfixes

• Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds and spirit guards should not usually hunt them outside either unless they bash
  • The area below deeds are now properly calculated when it comes to creature ratio
  • The creature ratio outside of deeds is always considered to be 10 which means more miscarriage and disease
  • Taunting skillgain speed was tweaked down and sould depth gain removed. Some skills were reset to yesterdays values
  • The usual catapult bugfix

View the tumblr article

I find these patch notes confusing.

Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds and spirit guards should not usually hunt them outside either unless they bash

[10:03:01] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Old mountain lion!

[10:05:54] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Old huge spider!

Hunt them outside of what? Outside of deed? Since when have spirit guards ever hunted outside of deed? What exactly does that mean as the first update.

• Like 1

Not sure if serious guys...

But if spirit guards stop to hunt creatures, nobody will buy guards anymore, newbies will die extremely often and quit to play.

I can only see disadvantages for the game itself. I personally also enjoy hunting but not on the costs of the game quality. There were whiners who quarreled about the creature counts but everyone whines about something, so it is better not to listen the most time.

Edited by Sklo:D

What does it mean "Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds"? They never avoided entering deeds and that was proper...

Edited by Hula_Girl
  • Like 1

Not sure if serious guys...

But if spirit guards stop to hunt creatures, nobody will buy guards anymore, newbies will die extremely often and quit to play.

I can only see disadvantages for the game itself. I personally also enjoy hunting but not on the costs of the game quality. There were whiners who quarreled about the creature counts but everyone whines about something, so it is better not to listen the most time.

They're still hunting just fine and creatures are still entering my deed, so I have no idea what this patch note means.

• Like 1

They're still hunting just fine and creatures are still entering my deed, so I have no idea what this patch note means.

Hopefully nothing.

Even for me it is hard to believe that someone can be so plain stupid to make the templars stop attacking mobs.

It would make them useless on freedom, which means less money for the game.

But mabye soon you got to pay a tax for every horse you own, wouldn´t suprise me after the last few days.

well this is the craziest one i have seen in a while it wont effect me i can kill anything but dragons solo but the poor newbies are going to have a time with it. I can see them being stuck in the starting towns unless older players come and kill mobs around them every few days...well maybe it is not so bad after all, lol

• Like 1

• Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds and spirit guards should not usually hunt them outside either unless they bash
  • The area below deeds are now properly calculated when it comes to creature ratio
  • The creature ratio outside of deeds is always considered to be 10 which means more miscarriage and disease
  • Taunting skillgain speed was tweaked down and sould depth gain removed. Some skills were reset to yesterdays values
  • The usual catapult bugfix

View the tumblr article

LOL, so now i can't go hunt outside my deed, because my animals will go sick (hunting implies i'll have contact with other animals which have been spending their time on a 10 ratio), not to mention any tame will probably be diseased, diseased animals also yeld less from butchering if i'm not wrong.

This just gets more and more fun.

I knew this was gonna happen, but was hoping it didn't. Way to fix a stupid patch with a stupider one, we should just let Protunia run Wurm, since you're playing her gamebook apparently.

Not to mention how guards will be so damn dandy useful.

It kinda sux being right on this one.

Edited by ReaverKane

The Templars dont stop attacking Mobs.

But Mobs should not enter the Deed wile roaming.

You sure can lead a Mob inside a Deed to get it killed.

I dont know why everyone is reading things wrong.....even as non-english i understand it.

Edited by Caduryn
  • Like 5

The whole thing is idiotic, on a PvP server you need horses and remounts for every pvper, but deed space is generally limited due to defensibility, seems to just make the server even less attractive to newcomers and current players alike

• Like 9

I think what he is meaning is that nothing can be born off deed is what is sounds like plus making it faster death for the off deed animals too. Anything off deed is considered 10 all the time if it is or not. Your right thought not sure how this will work for the animal we take out riding or hitched/lead though.

I dont know why everyone is reading things wrong.....even as non-english i understand it.

Then what has this update done?

It is a new feature(bug) which does nothing?

Yeah, we could all make excuses... But the fact this is a impromptu unreflected patch to plug holes on a previous impromptu unreflected patch, which is exactly how Rolf does things, which in the long run ends with him recanting the whole thing.

Its a freaking cycle that keeps repeating itself and yet Rolf doesn't seem to learn from his past mistakes, which leads to wonder how good are the prospects of improvement for wurm, seriously?

Then what has this update done?

It is a new feature(bug) which does nothing?

Its just made to plug holes on the previous patch.

Since the previous patch had the ratio only on deeds, now Rolf puts ratio outside of deeds. Problem is that any animal off-deed now is more susceptible to disease and miscarriage. So don't move pregnant mares near term, be sure not to have hitched carts outside for too long, or you'll have 2 diseased animals in no time.

Then the mines and not walking into deeds is to work on the fact that animals roaming into your deed would change the ratio even without your control.

Of course now, deed guards will be less useful, of course it MIGHT allow you to lead them into deeds (although looking at mines, i'm not really sure).

Its just a great example of how not to develop games, since the new changes to plug previous holes have nasty consequences - I'm thinking people coming back home diseased with a diseased mount after hunting for a while. And some of the previous issues still stand (people can lead animals into your deed to grief, deed size is unrelated to how many people are using the horses on the deed, or how much space you devote to breeding).

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

The new ratio "feature" really needs to be removed from pvp servers.

You now have to make expensive stupidly large deeds, not have any breeding stock or pets, or have everything get diseased and die.

Serenity didn't have a problem with wild animals, elevation didn't, chaos didn't and affliction definitely didn't. I have never been to desertion, but i assume they didn't have a problem either.

The fact that the ratio penalizes players that play together is probably one of the worst parts of it, I doubt the ranchers this was aimed at have 30+ citizens on their deed.

• Like 2

My suggestion on Templars:

SIMPLE SOLUTION: Just make Templars work like tower guards with respect to wildlife (both aggro and non-aggro). Templars do not kill unless called upon to kill. But unlike tower guards, they only respond to members of the deed. This would still provide noobs with templar protection without the guards killing all the wildlife - the players would just have to shout templars! instead of guards!

• Like 1

What does it mean "Creatures should now properly avoid entering deeds"? They never avoided entering deeds and that was proper...

hey they did before they used to stop.

• Like 1

My suggestion on Templars:

SIMPLE SOLUTION: Just make Templars work like tower guards with respect to wildlife (both aggro and non-aggro). Templars do not kill unless called upon to kill. But unlike tower guards, they only respond to members of the deed. This would still provide noobs with templar protection without the guards killing all the wildlife - the players would just have to shout templars! instead of guards!

I like this idea if the guards were turned to = (mark this if you want guards to ignore aggressive creatures) i think it would be a great add that way you can keep aggressive animals and kill the ones you don't want there with a shout. I would want the shouts to only work if the setting allowed that person to kill on your deed so no one can come along and kill all your kept aggressive animals. Edited by Kegan

Problem is that any animal off-deed now is more susceptible to disease and miscarriage. So don't move pregnant mares near term, be sure not to have hitched carts outside for too long, or you'll have 2 diseased animals in no time.

It's natural that animals in the wild are diseased and in generally worse shape than those domesticated.

I see you raging in multiple threads. Have you observed any "hitched animals getting ill in no time" and such, or those are only your prophecies?

Love to watch you guys complain about the crap rolf does to screw up the game.

Complaining in the past was useless as it is now he only listens to a hand full of players and he ignores every one else.

This is how rolf is and i doubt he will change and i highly doubt he cares if he starts losing money on this game other wise he would be on this forums more then just once a year and replying him self to these patch posts.

OK guys its simple this was implemented to make it so people cannot exploit the 15 tiles per animals by making a huge off deed ranch, it was set so anyone breeding off deed is more likely to get sick or miscarriage, in other words its another perk for deed owners, and means that non prem can only have a few animals (which makes sense since they cant even ride the things)

I dont see why everyone is freaking out lol i opened wurm, saw the changes and got on forums just to see how many people misinterpreted it and this just made me laugh

• Like 9

hey they did before they used to stop.

And it makes sense, wild animals are not dumb they learn over time about "hostile territory" they smell the death or learn that fellow animals die there, so they naturally avoid it, i was told that way before i started playing animal AI was smart enough to avoid deeds

I have a few pens with hell horses off deed (8 total) that is the only thing that might effect me but if i turn off the guards i can just bring them on deed. At this time they all seem to be okay just checked them although i have not seen what they will do when birthing time comes.

Edited by Kegan

The whole thing is idiotic, on a PvP server you need horses and remounts for every pvper, but deed space is generally limited due to defensibility, seems to just make the server even less attractive to newcomers and current players alike

oh about this, im sure your not gonna ride your horse out there and *poof* desease, it takes a long time for desease, now if you leave your horse out there fore lets say... 6 hours im sure it might get sick but thats not bad, just take it back into a deed and brush it and soon its all better

Well if the animals will magically sense and respect man-made borders then it's my turn to start raging :P Can we have this as a settlement setting (named "raise invisible animal shield")? As I understand that's to prevent bodies piling up along the perimeter, but what about those with deliberately no templars?

well if they have that setting then the meat farms will just shut them off and the whole things would be pointless, now if they had it so that the spirit templar in the deed itself scared the animals away that would be a different story but hey, they cant make everyone happy and they just brought back the old deed avoidance AI

Sign in to follow this