Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

More Creatures, Creature Deed Limits, And Changes To Elevation

Generally when talking about deeded tiles it does not include perimeter. Base deed is 5x5.

actualy base deed is a size 5, which 11x11 in area for 121 tiles in total.

actualy base deed is a size 5, which 11x11 in area for 121 tiles in total.

Sigh. I haven't had enough coffee yet today.

That'll teach me ^_^ lol

15 is a tiny bit much. 6 is too little. 10 would work fine though. a Basic 5x5 deed would be able to keep 2 animals + a foal... and would only need to go to 5x8 to have 4 animals which allows for breeding pairs of two different types.

wrong 8 animals before any effects for the minimum deed.

oops 8

Edited by Protunia

Seriously? This is what you got from that freaking huge post?

That 15 ratio is entirely arbitrary, and just freaking stupid?

So if my deed is small, but has many players, i can't keep enough animals for all, because you don't know how to manage your freaking game pop, and only listen to a bunch of whinny hypocrites?

Of all those discussions you started, you basically summed it up to the small minded (doesn't hurt me so its ok) types of suggestions. I'm guessing its too much trouble to make actual solutions.

God Job Rolf. I'm kinda getting tired of your incompetence.

(Good thing i have 7 deeds atm, guess i'll breed on all 7 to the limit)

PS: By the way, GOOD JOB in making breeding a P2Win kinda thing.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

At least 50% of the playerbase said they didn't want these changes, yet they still went ahead. I'm really not planning on being very active any longer.

Agreed, I wont be putting any more money in rolfs pocket now

• Animal numbers were increased by 10 000 on most servers as cared for and bred animals now will move less often
  • The tiles per non-human animal or monster on a deed is now considered. Disease spreads a bit easier if you have a higher ratio than 15 tiles, and you will see a bit more miscarriage. The ratio is shown for citizens in Village Info. Also in general, animals that just gave birth will not be in the mood for another mating for about 24 hours or the next restart.

Regarding the 24 hour delay, I see how it does slow down overall birth rate among a breeding stock that remains constant. However, specific number of births per day can still be targeted by adjusting the number of concurrent breeders.

In conjunction with the creature-to-tile ratio it ties your maximum birth rate to how big of a deed you are paying for. Interesting concept and I bet people will pop some new deeds just to hold more animals.

Regarding the 24 hour delay, I see how it does slow down overall birth rate among a breeding stock that remains constant. However, specific number of births per day can still be targeted by adjusting the number of concurrent breeders.

In conjunction with the creature-to-tile ratio it ties your maximum birth rate to how big of a deed you are paying for. Interesting concept and I bet people will pop some new deeds just to hold more animals.

and he can adjust the ratio too or it could be set up to automatically scale based on the cap.

I doubt it will happen because adding this many mobs at once and with the changes it will take along time.

Edited by Protunia

How could I prevent disease on animals I can't groom? Also is the cap only makes them diseased or I wont be able to breed until I cull some?

How does that encourage breeders keep more animals? I'm for sure will forgot to breed my animals. As for pay to win, free accounts doesn't have any use of animals mostly. They can't even ride horses.

Its shurely encouraging me.

Its pay to win, because people with larger deeds (paying more) will have more animals. Me i have 7 deeds, will start working on maxing the ratio in all (probably will triple my herd, but its all for making sure i have all that i can have, since now there's a animal quota, i will make sure to keep it.

Also i think that this is entirely unfair, and should be quotas on all other activities, no hunting more than 15 (sounds like a nice number) animals per day/server reset, no more than 15 boats per deed (or maybe should be 1 boat per 2 water tiles covered by the deed), same for bsbs, no more than a ratio of 15 Bsb per tile, or dey decay 10x faster?

Just add P2Win goodness.

Its shurely encouraging me.

Its pay to win, because people with larger deeds (paying more) will have more animals. Me i have 7 deeds, will start working on maxing the ratio in all (probably will triple my herd, but its all for making sure i have all that i can have, since now there's a animal quota, i will make sure to keep it.

Also i think that this is entirely unfair, and should be quotas on all other activities, no hunting more than 15 (sounds like a nice number) animals per day/server reset, no more than 15 boats per deed (or maybe should be 1 boat per 2 water tiles covered by the deed), same for bsbs, no more than a ratio of 15 Bsb per tile, or dey decay 10x faster?

Just add P2Win goodness.

you still have crowding penalties regardless.

you still have crowding penalties regardless.

Not if i hop 15/per tile only. With 7 deeds to populate, instead of just the one... I'm surely going triple my current herd, at least (specially since 2 of the other deeds are like twice as big as current one, and only 2 are smaller). And no probs with the ratio, i can assure you.

Very like the changes :)

less breeding (due not enough space to expand deeds so big u can breed propally) and more hostile animals :)

BIG + for that update ....

for the pvp changes ... well i dont pvp but sounds resonable :)

Not if i hop 15/per tile only. With 7 deeds to populate, instead of just the one... I'm surely going triple my current herd, at least (specially since 2 of the other deeds are like twice as big as current one, and only 2 are smaller). And no probs with the ratio, i can assure you.

sure if you make pens for them all and don't let them stack up shouldn't be a problem.

He also said that they wont move as much so placing them will be easier.

good luck with the breeding I hope it goes well.

Edited by Protunia

Very like the changes :)

less breeding (due not enough space to expand deeds so big u can breed propally) and more hostile animals :)

BIG + for that update ....

for the pvp changes ... well i dont pvp but sounds resonable :)

I don't think you understand... Nothing in those changes does marking differences to aggros. You already had good aggro spawns. Simply 80% was spiders and M.Lions.

OMG I just remembered the most idiotic part about this...

I'M GONNA MAKE A GIGANTIC ENCLOSURE TO KEEP MY HORSES!!!!!!!!!! No Deed restrictions!

Silly me for wanting to put money back in the game with upkeep.

Edited by ReaverKane

I don't think you understand... Nothing in those changes does marking differences to aggros. You already had good aggro spawns. Simply 80% was spiders and M.Lions.

OMG I just remembered the most idiotic part about this...

I'M GONNA MAKE A GIGANTIC ENCLOSURE TO KEEP MY HORSES!!!!!!!!!! No Deed restrictions!

Silly me for wanting to put money back in the game with upkeep.

off deed might be worse automatically to encourage more spawning.

but give it a try and let us know how it goes! ;)

Edited by Protunia

off deed might be worse automatically to encourage more spawning.

but give it a try and let us know how it goes! ;)

And how would Rolf do that? All wild animals would automatically be diseased? That would be interesting.

And how would Rolf do that? All wild animals would automatically be diseased? That would be interesting.

Horses in the wild normally live less years than ones taken care of.

He could just set anything not on deed at 8 ratio.

that would help clear up trapped animals crowding and free up more spawning.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

Thing is the ratio doesn't kill animals, just increases disease chance, and miscarriages... I have a 7.46 ratio, and 0 diseased animals.

Thing is the ratio doesn't kill animals, just increases disease chance, and miscarriages... I have a 7.46 ratio, and 0 diseased animals.

few hours after a patch not bad.

Changes are okay, I like the guards getting stronger, that's neat.

The merchant update pointless seems useless though, Rolf, as there's really barely any on Elevation, but I guess the ones that are usually are storage, so that's cool.

except for the fact that a deed has a set amount of tiles. would be much more difficult if the server had to figure out every single enclosed space, count the tiles, then apply the penalty if any animals were in there.

except for the fact that a deed has a set amount of tiles. would be much more difficult if the server had to figure out every single enclosed space, count the tiles, then apply the penalty if any animals were in there.

if you set it at 8 off deed regardless it doesnt have to figure anything at all.

It would just increase the chances off deed.

the game could track how many are off deed and on deed and adjust the ratios either way if it wanted too.

Edited by Protunia

So my deeds says ... "The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 82.05618. Optimal is 15 or more.This is a good figure" So does this mean I am good or what? The way I read it each of my animals has 82 tiles?

Edited by Kegan

sure if you make pens for them all and don't let them stack up shouldn't be a problem.

He also said that they wont move as much so placing them will be easier.

good luck with the breeding I hope it goes well.

I've got 116 animals on deed with a 12.34 tile ratio. It's mostly horses in 1x1 pens with 2 animals or 1 pregnant animal per pen. So far no disease has occurred. One hell horse may have miscarried but I couldn't be certain that I didn't simply forget to breed her. So I'm glad it's not a plague breakout, and perhaps with the way I have everything penned and well separated I won't have to move some of the creatures to one of my other deeds.

Just another "I have no idea of what i'm doing" Rolf Patch... We'll see a "un-nerfing" post soon enough.

Which won't necessarilly make it better, will be just like with lamps and deeds, in 2 -3 months he'll probably just change the whole thing...

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this