Sign in to follow this  
Archaegeo

Neosophy's Crown's Side Of The Story On Removal From Southern Alliance

(I am not using names below as this is just my side of the story and thus hearsay besides chat log evidence, which on forums of course can be faked, so will not be posted here).

I am the Mayor of Neosophy's Crown, a large deed and until just now, a member of the Southern Alliance.

Earlier tonight the mayor of Glengarry, also part of the alliance, put his deed up for sale for 24s.

As sold, per verbal agreement (chat logged) the deed included 3 Enclosure Rule areas off Glengarry deed beside Moonshadow Shipyards and Moonshadow Oasis.

I bought the deed, not wanting the area between myself and Moonshadow to fall into unknown hands, and also because it gave me a waterfront I was lacking and that my shipmaker desired.

As soon as the sale was final, the Mayor of Moonshadow contacted me and asked if I got the writs in question. I said yes, and he said he intended to expand his Shipyard perimeter a little bit.

He did not say how far.

He expanded his perimeter over my new Enclosures all the way up to the Glengarry perimeter line.

I approached him about this, hoping to resolve this issue in some manner as I always try to be a good neighbor.

I offered to sell him the 3 writs for 5s if he could spare it so I could afford to rename the deed as all my money had been going to the NQ quest series, or 3s if he couldnt.

His counter offer was for 2s for the writs, and for me to work for him making a large number of rafts for 3s.

I refused to both lose land I paid for, and to then work for him to give up the Enclosures writs.

Now do not misunderstand....

The mayor of Moonshadow did NOT violate a game rule. There is a Code of Conduct that applies, but those are not enforceable rules.

He did tell me of an agreement with the previous mayor of Glengarry that Moonshadow would not expand its perimeter until such time as Glengarry was sold, but the mayor of Glengarry did not recall any such agreement, and the mayor of Moonshadow could not provide any proof. In fact the mayor of Glengarry did tell Moonshadow on more than one occasion that he would not give the writs to Moonshadow as he was selling the off deed Enclosure writs with the Glengarry deed.

Rather than come to some agreement, Moonshadow removed Neosophy's Crown and Glengarry from the alliance, and unfriended me personally.

I just wanted those who are a part of the alliance to know why this happened since I was not allowed to say goodbye or give my side of the story prior to removal.

Good luck to those in the south.

Archaegeo, Mayor, Neosophy's Crown and Glengarry.

Edited by Archaegeo

Hey!

I am new to the southerns, so i dont know anything,anyone, anyhows and anysomes, and wont say anything about that incident.

But!

I TRULY WISH YOU A BRIGHT NEW START, AND MUCH BETTER EXPERIENCES THAN TILL NOW!

Yours Cel, and the people from HarvestMoon

Thanks Celeia. Just trying to find a nice place to continue my quest series, the additional deed was a waterfront aquisition only.

I must say that the previous mayor of Glengarry has done a super honerable thing and offered to buy the deed back. Unbelievably cool.

The mayor of Moonshadow did NOT violate a game rule. There is a Code of Conduct that applies, but those are not enforceable rules.

Freedom Code of Conduct

The FCC is not a set of rules.

The FCC does not protect you or your assets, it is simply a guide of conduct that the players of freedom expect everyone to abide by.

It is your responsibility to ensure the security of your area and possessions.

The game provides several mechanisms by which you, the player, can secure both your possessions and your peace of mind. Purchasing a deed provides you with a plot of land that is totally protected from the actions of other players while still allowing for interaction and collaboration with other players via a variety of deed management settings. For those that choose not to purchase a deed, the game mechanics on the Freedom server still offer several methods of protection. Structures cannot be bashed, door and boat locks cannot be lock picked, and your player bank is not accessible by anyone but you. Using gatehouses instead of fence gates, and stone fences instead of wooden ones, can offer added protection to animal pens and farm fields. Also domestic animals can be branded to facilitate recovery in the event of theft. Mooring anchors will not only keep your boat from drifting away while you are logged out, but will prevent other players from ‘accidentally’ relocating your vessel. Proper maintenance and continual improvement of fences and buildings will not only keep your area relatively safe, but increase several important player skills.

In Wurm, as in life, taking some simple precautions can help you to avoid the majority of negative situations.

I refused to both lose land I paid for, and to then work for him to give up the Enclosures writs.

I'd say you make bad investments if you pay for un-deeded land.

This is in no way taking sides or whatnot... I'm merely expressing the fact that you should take precautions than be sorry afterwards.

Edited by lockedbob

Bob,

Are you just illustraiting my point? I said what you said.

The part of the CoC that applies is:

Players on freedom are able to do many things that affect the game world, which in turn affects ALL other players. Just because you CAN do something, does not mean that you SHOULD do something. If your actions will actively and negatively affect someone elses gameplay, DO NOT DO IT, discuss this with them first.

But again, thats over now and hopefully the previous mayor of Glengarry will be able to work something out.

Edited by Archaegeo

1: I pasted the part where you are supposed to take responsibility over the land you supposedly own Arch.

2: There is no such thing as paying for land that no one owns.

3: Just because the previous mayor had some sort of arrangement with you, that doesn't mean that your new neighbor needs to uphold that too. (e.g.: If I offer lifetime imps as a blacksmith and sell you my toon, you don't have to offer lifetime imps for the 1000 tools I sold so far)

4: Your new neighbor was living there before you came along so naturally if there was some debating to do over that (I stress the word UN-DEEDED), you had to ask his permission not the other way around.

Shrug, hope it never happens to you bob that someone you trust betrays that trust. Especially someone in a position of responsibility. Good luck to you though.

I really think this whole perimetering over enclosures thing needs to be looked at, because enough people get butthurt over it.

• Like 3

I really want to weigh in on this but i should hear Cambreme's side before i do.

Care to give us your side Camb?

Archaegeo, Sorry to hear about your situation, if there is anything that Kingsford can do to help you continue your quest series I would be glad to lend a hand.

It appears as though another alliance member is going to buy the deed back with compensation for things accomplished today.

This means I lose out on waterfront property, but hopefully that the tension levels can ease and I won't need to keep wasting time protecting enclosures.

Thanks to all for your well wishes. The quest finale is still on track as far as I know.

I'm still furiously building for the quest, indeed. Already had offers from the neighbors to, if I deed my location, join their alliance... Look forward to giving you a tour of the place, Arch.

Not that I know you that well, or know Cam at all, but you seem like a reasonable fellow, and absolutely not greedy (as shown by your awesome quest series giving away tons of free stuff). So sorry to hear something like this happened to ya bud

Locking this topic before it turns into a flame thread.