Sign in to follow this  
Magnir

Secure Shipbuilding On Deed

Hi guys,

I'm wondering what is the best way to build a Corbita on deed without running in danger to have the boat finished by somebody else.

The 2 options I'm seeing, is a fenced-in area or a boat house. The "build in secure cart" was disabled before 1.0 at least for larger boats if I'm right?

For a house - does a Corbita pass through double doors and are there any skill requirements for push / drag? And would a 2 level house suffice or would the mast peek through the roof?

Thanks in advance.

Magnir

Just build a 1x1 poorly made house. It will stick out the top and sides, but no one can touch it. You can then either knock down 1 wall, or use the writ to blow it up, as you can't push the ship through any doors.

When the structure is build only one dirt above water and you have enough strength you can drag the boat through any door or gate.

and afaik you can pull anything through any door or gate, by starting the action on one side and finihshing on the other.

Thanks guys, hope this gets a proper fix at some point.

build a shack like they said 1 or 2 dirts above water. as for dragging her out its easy,start dragging,turn around so your backs to the door,stop dragging,that parts a lil tricky. but done right,now boats outside. is how i stored my rower till i got an anchor .and it worked for other ships

Well, everyone could walk through the arches and finish the boat.

Edited by Keldun

I am busy with FURTHER testing , but I am able to build a Boat on top/on an upper floor of a house , Then push it thru the missing upper floor walls.It ends up outside the house.

As the ground floors walls are all there and door is locked , NO ONE can come in and steel it, You are also unable to attach , pull , push it from outside the house , But I am more than able to attach to a knarr 3 floors below it. It also has the added benefit that most people don`t always look up.

ITBegins_zpsbd70ff6b.png

Edited by axeblade346

That looks insanely amazing axe :) however a bit "lore" destroying for my liking...

I have a large fenced area, ONE dirt above water. I can drag any boat around in this area, also can drag it through the gate into the water, so your solution is ONE dirt above sea level!

Now that give me an idea to put a finished caravel on top of my house....