Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Item Count Per Floor Level

• Item count now works per layer in a structure. Due to the rendering issues this may cause, you may only put 5 non-pile items (we call them decorations) per floor level tile in a house.
  • You may now rename gifts with the proper player name
  • The creator tag length was increased
  • You may now create a logon message to all your villagers in village settings

View the tumblr article

• Like 2

Is this addressing to the problem with beds and bsbs/fsbs above each other?

maybe i get this wrong, but only 5 decorations per floor level or max 5 per floor and tile?

sry, i just dont understand

Why focusing on such insignificant changes? And bring down the servers twice for it? There's a plethora of more important bugs to fix...

". . .you may only put 5 non-pile items (we call them decorations) per floor level in a house."

This 5-decoration limit I've already noticed is extremely annoying. My forge, 2 bsb's, large anvil and water barrel count as 5 alone, so I can't even drop my meditation rug to meditate or small box when i need to relock it. Really stupid. Rendering issues? Since when is that something devs care about... the game renders horribly regardless of how many items are on a tile.

Edited by Versai
  • Like 3

Wonder why this is only on tumbler

So if I want a forge, Oven, 2 beds, Floor loom, 2 chests and large water barrel on the floor of my 3x3 1 story house I now have to build multiple stories? Not to mention if i decide I want to meditate or, Vynora forbid, pray at an altar.

I'm not quite sure how forcing multi-story and/or multi-buildings on people is useful.

Would a Dev be so kind as to explain to us common folk how this is a positive feature in game?

Edited by Griebo
  • Like 3

I think it was added after as I didn't see it when I first checked the blog. However it's nice to see we have the MOTD now! :)

The 2nd reboot was for shard problems, people said they couldn't combine or make bricks etc.

If what Griebo says is right, this is a MASSIVE FAIL. My first floor has two beds, a floor loom, 5 coffins, three large chests, two forges, an oven, 5 bsbs, an fsb and a large barrel. I can never build this again? Most people use 3 or 4 forges and a large barrel just on one tile. Then one bed to sleep in. Now you have no space to STORE anything you make.

• Like 1

Why focusing on such insignificant changes? And bring down the servers twice for it? There's a plethora of more important bugs to fix...

". . .you may only put 5 non-pile items (we call them decorations) per floor level in a house."

This 5-decoration limit I've already noticed is extremely annoying. My forge, 2 bsb's, large anvil and water barrel count as 5 alone, so I can't even drop my meditation rug to meditate or small box when i need to relock it. Really stupid. Rendering issues? Since when is that something devs care about... the game renders horribly regardless of how many items are on a tile.

Huh? I understood it as 5 items per floor (tile). 5 items in a 8x8 house wouldn't make any sense, I will have to test it later :huh:

mh...:/ i first thought its good they solved the "above each other" problem....but now I'm not sure if this is the best solution :/ it was possible before to work around that annoying circumstances with bsbs and when having a really large house 1 table 2 chairs, a bed and a forge already fill up the whole floor level? this is not good :/ and what about splitted rooms? do they count still as "one floor"? when walls are inbetween?

but thanks though for the motd, can we have that for alliance too please?XD

I hate it when people moan about something they don't understand and haven't even tried out yet. It is indeed 5 items per floor tile, not level.

Rolf just fixed the tumbler message.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 1

qGlNlu7.gif

Thanks a ton for MoTD by the way.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 6

Ok, this needs to be reverted NOW!!! How in the world are we supposed to store things if I can only have 5 containers in a warehouse? Just picked up a small barrel of dye and can't drop it back, as I already have 40 barrels and 10 bsbs in the building, a 1 story, 5x5 building. Rolf, I know you are trying to fix the problem with multiple floors and objects, but this isn't the answer. Best to revert now, or expect nothing but rage from everybody this week.

Edited by Vroomfondel

I hate it when people moan about something they don't understand and haven't even tried out yet. It is indeed 5 items per floor tile, not level.

Rolf just fixed the tumbler message.

I see no problem whatsoever with the responses of concern made within this thread as they were addressing valid concerns to a Dev post that was *misworded* to give the wrong message about an important change made to item floor capacity of houses. Therein lies the fault, not the player responses. Anyway with the correction to the mistake made in posting about this significant floor item restriction, it now seems a more reasonable one and I immediately don't see much resulting problems concerning it. This is not to say that I won't comment upon any negative impact that may uncovered in the future.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 2

vroom read the posts above, its 5 per tile, not 5 per floor. i think the devs screwed up the wording of it :)

and yes it scared the bejezus out of me

vroom read the posts above, its 5 per tile, not 5 per floor. i think the devs screwed up the wording of it :)

and yes it scared the bejezus out of me

Wrong , I just tested this!

i placed 60 planks and 10 shafts on a third storey wooden floorboard tile and climbed down 2 levels to get something else - when i came back they had vanished.

Checked all tiles in and around house and dropped items to try and make a pile if the planks were there - no luck.

Not a big loss - but there may still be issues with the changes

Wrong , I just tested this!

did you test on multiple tiles? i alas can't test it myself as where i'm setting up doesn't have a house yet >_<

did you test on multiple tiles? i alas can't test it myself as where i'm setting up doesn't have a house yet >_<

Ok, I take it back, you can place 5 'decorations' per tile. I can work with it, but it still is going to cause some problems with spacing for those of us with large quantities of things that can't be stored in bsbs. It's going to cause issues when working at the forge too.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Ok here is how I have found this restriction to work. On one *tile* inside of a house I have a bed, large chest and small barrel, equals 3 *non pile* items. I dropped a large sign and a small bucket on this tile, equals 2 *non pile* items for a total of 5 *non pile* items on that tile. Then when I tried to drop another small bucket on that tile it would not allow me to do so, giving a message to the effect that the tile was too cluttered with items already.

I assume that any tiles that had more than 5 *non pile* items on them before this change restriction will still have them there but once one of the excess over 5 items is picked up that it won't be able to be dropped on that tile again. I guess piles of items will still be able to be dropped on tiles with 5 *non pile* items on them but haven't checked that out yet.

=Ayes=

ahh phew, i agree on the forge bit, i've seen some VERY nice forge set ups that would need a higher count than that :(

I've noticed a few times that only Tumblr always has the complete update notes. So May as well just bookmark it and if you see an update then go there for the real scoop :)

I see no problem whatsoever with the responses of concern made within this thread as they were addressing valid concerns to a Dev post that was *misworded* to give the wrong message about an important change made to item floor capacity of houses. Therein lies the fault, not the player responses.

Some people were stating confusiond and concern, that's perfectly fine, but others immediately started bashing the change on their own assumptions and demanded a revert, that's not so fine.

Edited by Keldun

Ayes, I was curious about the same thing. On my retesting, I did find that piles do not count as decorations, so yes Ayes, you can have a pile on the same tile with 5 non-pile items. This still causes me issues with all my barrels of dye, wine, syrup, oil, etc. Forcing me to consider a much larger building or going multistory, which I didn't want in my warehouse.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

does the new system allow us to say, place down 5 items on 1 tile, then push a 6th onto it from another tile?

has anyone tested having 5 items on a groundfloor tile, then another 5 on the tile just above it?

Sign in to follow this