Sign in to follow this  
Anacrusis

Two Sound Channels: One For Ambient Sounds, One For Action Sound Effects

I think Wurm has phenomenal ambient sound effects and it really brings the game to life for me as a player. However, I find myself wishing I could turn noise of my chopping, digging, and hammering down just a bit, and turn the sound of the wind, the howling wolves, and the crickets up a notch or two.

It seems most modern games have two sounds channels, one for background SFX and one for player SFX. I would love to have the same option here in Wurm.

And with the recent addition of volunteers to work on the sound code, it seems like a good time to make the suggestion. :)

Edited by Anacrusis

That would be a great idea. With the promised addition of some ambient music we need a slider for music volume anyway.

It needs work for sure like the wind to me can be excessive at times but love the crickets and ducks along with the birds and stuff but right now all of that is a wash for me from the fire sounds the hell horses are making. I just hope they can give us as much customization as we need to get the sounds we like while leaving the ones we don't at a volume we can stand.

Edited by Kegan

Currently there are multiple group of sounds (ambient sounds, buzz sounds, work sounds, combat sounds and footsteps, music) which you can turn on/off and/or set their volumes.

So your idea is to have to control two channels only, or would like to see volume controls for the other groups as well?

Currently there are multiple group of sounds (ambient sounds, buzz sounds, work sounds, combat sounds and footsteps, music) which you can turn on/off and/or set their volumes.

So your idea is to have to control two channels only, or would like to see volume controls for the other groups as well?

Ah! Knowing that there are multiple sound groups, I would hope that making a slider for each group would 1) be a relatively easy change and 2) allow everyone to set each group as they see fit. Personally, I'd love to see one slider per group.

Also - I would love to know what 'buzz sounds' stands for - I see it in the client sound settings, but have no idea what it controls and the wiki doesn't seem to explain it either.

Edited by Anacrusis