Sign in to follow this  
BustyLoliChan

Message To The Dev: First Impression Of This Game

It sucks

the END

now hear me out here

There's no "constructive feedback" forum so I'm posting this here to give you my impression of the game in the hopes that maybe it will get back to the dev and maybe he'll think about changing it

I don't know

maybe you guys and he/she, like it this way

this is just my impression as a new player coming to pick up the game

So

I couldn't tell you exactly what server I'm on

I know I was told "you are in charge of your own safety"

I can understand and respect that

it sounds cool

I like the idea

A PvP and PvE server

awesome

that's what I want

Except when I actually get in game

I come to find the combat system sucks

it's just plain shitty

First of all

There was nothing in the tutorial at all about combat

A lovely section about first aid (which I don't have because you know, no cotton)

And on top of that

I expected some form of combat sure

but nothing about HOW is actually mentioned

and the best part is

I'm running through the woods Happy McNoobMan

when suddenly all I hear is my character grunting

Two things happen here

One the amazingly overly complicated button filled combat panel pops out

(I have no idea what the ###### any of these buttons mean

and Two

based on that alone I'm left to assume I'm being attacked but where? From what? why?

So basically, I 360 rotate

360 rotate

360 rotate

look up

look down

look under some rocks

look around some trees

finally it's like oh GEE

I think that thing there is attacking me

but I can't really tell (attack animations suck by the way)

So now I have Half HP

and I get to figure the combat system like this

Which might not be so bad except you know

It's actually (on a scale of 1-10) Everything must be made of ###### titanium impossible to kill ANYTHING (Seriously, I think at one point I died to a rabid dog, which is ###### stupid because as an average height human being why can't I just kick this "rabid aged dog" (basically weak old ass ###### mut) in the ribs and go about my business)

So anyway Back to the whole it's Impossible to kill anything in this game (at least with the starter shield and sword I am given) (god forbid you actually have them equiped and have even a quarter of a chance at this point)

So I ###### with the buttons

Can't figure out what any of them do

and I die

fine

whatever

learning experience

I put my weapons on first this time

head back into the great expanse get attacked

###### with the buttons

I die

Alright,

whatever

maybe I did it wrong

Play with the stance buttons switch from defensive to normal

go into combat

spam click some buttons

hit it

it hits me

I die

Okay

FIENE

Whatever

I'll try "autofight"

it probably has a better clue than I do

So I go back into the expanse find more mobs

I find them fist, trying to get the initiative

So I go blow for blow back and forth it's hurting I'm hurting (I'm kind of pissed it's taking so long and I'm losing so much HP but surely it will drop any moment)

NOPE

I die

Whatever

Maybe it got lucky

Same thing

Go in

blow for blow

I die

Fine,

I'll do it myself

Read the combat wiki

gotta focus

attacks to legs slow targets

yada yada

okay lets go

Get into combat

Hitting the enemy

enemy is hitting me

My HPs almost gone

Surely his is too

I die

This is rediculous

Happy McNoobMan is now SlightlyDisgruntledMcNoobGuy

So this time I go back to the same place

To fight the same mob!

He's wounded

I'm full HP

HA HA ###### I have you now!

So I fight him

Blow for blow

WHAT THE ######

I HAVE ALMOST NO HP

HE WAS ALMOST DEAD LAST TIME

WHAT THE ###### ######

I die

I die

I die

I die

TL:DR

The point I'm tring to make

ALL I DO IN YOUR SHITTY GAME IS DIE

It's not even a combat system

it's a ###### death system

with a 1% of surviving by magic

Your combat system sucks

complete ass

and In my scrub like opinion it needs an overhall

Or at least needs to be slightly easier SOMEHOW

I seriously leave the gates of town and I'm immediately getting my ass kicked by anything

And somehow at one point I was so disgusted and sick of dying something went to fight me and I ALT+F4ed

And when I logged back in IT WAS DEAD

HOW THE ###### AM I BETTER AT COMBAT WHEN I'M DISCONNECTED?

I like the idea behind the game

truthfully,

I'm hoping to find a 3D Terraria with more potential, purpose, and stuff to build

But all I'm finding is the death screen

OVER and OVER

and OVER

and OVER

and over

and it's genuinely just ###### annoying

that's my opinion

I don't expect it to magically get better somehow

but it's definitely something that could be worked on

and while I fire the game up every now and then I'm seriously consider dropping the game straight on it's head

because I can't stay logged in more than 5 minutes without dying to something

So it may or may not be too late for me

but if it improves in the future, I'd definitely come back

and I'm sure that at least one or two more people in the future would be able to get into it and play it easier

• Like 4

Kinda stopped reading after first paragraph, a constructive feedback is more looked at than one that just says everything is "Shitty" tbh.

Edited by Saraski
  • Like 1

Wurm isn't like other games where your health regenerates more then the creatures hits you

Most of players here like this game cause its Not easy. And as in any other game, lets say, some mmo, you cant run out in map, with no gear, no skills, and jump on any mobs. Thats only normal.

You have to gear up first, learn basic skills, grind a bit. This game aint about killing mobs 24/7. Before raging you should try to learn how things work here.

You cant go out camping geared in regular clothing, armored with pocket knife and go bear hunting you know ;)

• Like 2

Haha, this was a funny post. I read the entire thing...because your death(s) made me laugh. I completely agree how combat blows in this game since it's all text spam, basic animation and better/worse luck based on your fighting skill, but I play it for every other non-combat aspect. The sense of accomplishment from terraforming, building and developing land or creating items is great..but if you're looking for combat based games there are much better choices.

I actually read this .... okay i'm lying too painful i skimmed it

1) Yes combat sucks, it's on the "todo" list everyones arguing what the makeover should consist of

2) New player tutorial dosn't convey the realities of the game well enough

i dont read it at all... but who cares what u think about game... we love it, even with many bugs and not inproved codes

• Like 3

Well, unlike most games out there, there is no 'level XX mob regions' on this game since combat is not the main focus until you have gear and train yourself with a dummy. At any case it is about the whole sandbox thing than just battle so again, no mobs level region although some mobs spawn more in some places. Why you feel you should keep doing the same thing to the mob that you have see tear you apart, I wonder though..

One I agree is that the tutorial suck. Too much texts no one read that not even really help you survive your first day.

• Like 1

maybe you suck.

if you start your threads with insulting, nobody will read it to the end because it cant contain any valuable information.

• Like 4

To Topic Poster: L2P

I laughted my Ass off wile reading

Writing a Roman about fighting sucks, and never told what he was fighting....so......LOL.

On Topic:

The Combat is fine as it is, if YOU think you can kill all things as a NOOB, then its your fault!

Just saying, i died like 2 times in 3 Month, you have to know what you can do, like i sayd: L2P

Edited by Caduryn
  • Like 1

Ok, you don't like it. So don't play. And don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The biggest problem with your claim.

This game is not based around combat. It's based around the player controlled world. Even on PVP.

If you truly looked up stuff on the Wiki, then it would have told you to hold off on combat until you are well prepared.

I would assume the worst newb nightmare: hell puppy.

Aged spiders are far scarier. At least you can hear/spot a hell hound from a a distance. Aged spiders are fast and powerful. Not to mention terrifying :P

Edited by Necrorave

Was a good read, thanks. Gave me a few good laughs :)

Edited by Aariez
  • Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, March 29, 2013 - Trolling / Offensive image macro
Hidden by Jberg, March 29, 2013 - Trolling / Offensive image macro

Really nervous person.

But there`s something just for you

keip-colm-amnd-fak-u-dolan-keep-calm-mem.jpg

• Like 3

Writing a haiku

Maybe you intended here

But it is too long

Edited by Hula_Girl
  • Like 2

well this game is harsh regarding its monsters, but its wanted that way...sure I agree, combat system could be alot better, but it's also avoidable. I mean most newbies who experience death like that are trying to avoid those deadly situations :o there are templars from guardtowers who can help ya and there are spirit templars from deed....then most mobs can't swim too, so water is nearly always a way to rescue yourself.

and honestly...most people just settle somewhere to build a house and fence to be protected from those mobs :P

chuckled and laughed through the whole post~ this is a sandbox focused game not combat focused,but dont go attacking things willy nilly as a newb,botanize grass tiles till you get some cotton to heal yourself

i saw you mention something about a "rabit dog" its either a hell hound(firery dog) which even experianced players can have trouble with,or a wolf which is well past what an un-armored newb can take out, start with wild cats as they are the weakest critters there are,well cept deer but you will never see one in the wild,if you get low on hp dont stand there and die,run like you have some common sense FFS ,also many animals cant swim so you may be able to escape by simply getting into the water

you can right click creatures and select "whats this?" and it will tell you what you need to kill it without dieing....but for me the funniest thing was you stood there and died time after time,pretend its rl,if you are getting your ass mauled by a dog are you just gonna stay there slapping it or run?....well actually you already kinda already did the former,try running,a living newb lives to enjoy wurm another day :)

Edited by jacobw

Please visit http://us.battle.net/wow/en/?- Its a MUCH easier game. You can kill most anything in the start area and you get neat arrows on the screen telling where to go and a quest tracker to hold your hand.

• Like 1

Please visit http://us.battle.net...net/wow/en/?-�� Its a MUCH easier game. You can kill most anything in the start area and you get neat arrows on the screen telling where to go and a quest tracker to hold your hand.

lol hey WoW is fun/challenging to(do a lfr raid with a bunch of newbs that dont know what to do uff),just not as long-term fun/challenging

I think you are mistaking WurmOnline for Minecraft, easy mistake to make.

• Like 2