Sign in to follow this  
macciek

Dock

What about buildind small dock on water to attach ships,made from planks and ropes and nails.

621_stream.jpg

09_Architecture_Port.jpg

How about play the game and make suggestions with more than just pictures from all styles between sci-fi and steam punk?

I haven't seen a single thing you post with any reasons or any connection to Wurm at all.

• Like 5

You can already make a dock, extend dirt out into sea add floorboards add building so um yeah.

Edited by Tineen

I like this idea and it would be nice to make it work with bridges.

You can already make a dock, extend dirt out into sea add floorboards add building so um yeah.

hes talking about no dirt, just a platform down to the water

hes talking about no dirt, just a platform down to the water

And the difference is?

And the difference is?

the difference is obvious....-.- most likely it would make harbours more realistic if we had wooden docks with support under water instead of dirt walls.

but this suggestion was made already before and the devs stated that it will be possible maybe, when the bridges code is implemented

the difference is obvious....-.- most likely it would make harbours more realistic if we had wooden docks with support under water instead of dirt walls.

but this suggestion was made already before and the devs stated that it will be possible maybe, when the bridges code is implemented

Docks are already realistic, its pretty common to build them the way we do now. So again my point is what game mechanic does this help with none, so why suggest it. Didn't think I would have needed to clarify that to be honest.

stop giving google images

give your idea, dont steal other's.

• Like 1

ti actually wouldn't mind the option of building a floating weir as opposed to having to dirt up the dirt just to drop it again in another place would be a nice addition to stuff we can build

Docks are already realistic, its pretty common to build them the way we do now. So again my point is what game mechanic does this help with none, so why suggest it. Didn't think I would have needed to clarify that to be honest.

sheesh so you say we shouldnt suggest anything on the suggestion forums just because you think it's useless? are you really thinking that way?

No however I am also being pragmatic, small company, limited resources bug fixing and current features are a priority obviously this doesn't mean people shouldn't make good suggestions in fact I've seen quite a number of remarkably good suggestions from the forums however this seems like a lot of work for no benefit thus my criticism of it. We already have docks, lets focus on additional content and current game fixes.

well I agree that the developers should focus on new stuff and on solving bugs aswell, but I still think it's the developers decision if they want to use a suggestion or not...so no harm is done here with this suggestion ;)

and btw I don't know where you are from, but in germany we have lots of those non "dirt" docks, even though I'm mostly talking about those from old times. this suggestion may be more oriented at the efficiency at making docks, instead of the actual graphics only

Scotland here and we use many causeways built the way they are done here in Wurm, often to link the remote islands off coast to each other or to bypass Lochs as well as port extensions, so the method used here is in practice. :)

It's actually safer to make docks like in wurm in RL. Atleast when i make a dock in wurm, it kinda wraps around my ships.. And if that were RL, it would keep them safe from hard waves.. (kinda like a jetty) I am purely theorizing here though

• Like 1

like the idea and the diffrence is u wouldnt have slopes at the side so 2 wide ships can go in a 2 wide shiparea

Topview:

XXXXXXXX

XSSXSSX

XSSXSSX

XSSXSSX

XSSXSSX

with x being docks and s being ships

Sideview:

SS SS

xSSxSSx

xSSxSSx

I hope that is understandable

This may very well happen when we get bridges. Until then, use landbridges as docks.