Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Terraforming Options

Does WoM damage only structures or also chests, food bins, bulk bins and/or boats?

Only structures.

Also only affects buildings not tall stone walls etc afaik, doesnt damage floors either

Only structures.

Also only affects buildings not tall stone walls etc afaik, doesnt damage floors either

It actually does hit the tall stone walls/palisades and such, but doesn't seem to hit walls on houses like parapets (and the floors of course).

Edited by MrGARY

Read the last line?

Apparently you'll be able to breed them again when they add the "bred in captivity" trait. Just won't get skill out of killing them.

I'm content with that, as long as they take this up as a ramp to start fixing spawns and spawn rates, and change bashing skill gain so you can actually level the skill in normal fights.

wasnt know they change it, but this is good news. They really need to do it before my schnappi die!

Edited by rosedragon

When I tried on Test with 80 channeling and around 90 faith, WoM would hit the 9 fences in front of me, I'm guessing also behind me. I tried with lower channeling and the area would just become smaller.

Would've preferred WoM to just be a standard 3x3 or something where your channeling skill would affect the damage.

You do realise mr had like 30 people at that deed and all bl logged out or wouldnt help that deed

[01:27:26] Orthanas left the world.

[01:39:56] Varanus left the world.

[01:50:04] Queens left the world.

[01:50:42] Kings left the world. <- one hour later they all logged off

30 people against 4 hmmmm

Im not sure if Switch is trying to say that because four people logged off it doesnt matter how ridiculously fast they could flatten that place into nothingness or what but it kinda seems to make perfect sence to me if Versai is correct in it taking 40 mins to kill the longhouses to get in? What could 4 people possibly do against 30 people? Out repair a 10x10 WoM? 6 priests casting so what were the other 24 doing? watching?

Pretty sure if that were me I would be logging off too, no way am I going to feed champ points to them if I dont even stand a chance to defend my home. 3 hours to undo 3 weeks minimum of work what a catapult would be lucky to achieve in 3 days? Sounds like it has been balanced pretty well now to me and is still easier than catapulting, I just cant agree with any game mechanics that will allow some to drive others away from the game, yes you win some you lose some in pvp and loss is part of what you sign up for but when everything that has taken you a month to do is gone in 3 hours why would anyone bother starting again?

• Like 2

I just cant agree with any game mechanics that will allow some to drive others away from the game, yes you win some you lose some in pvp and loss is part of what you sign up for but when everything that has taken you a month to do is gone in 3 hours why would anyone bother starting again?

This I can understand.

• Like 1

The terraforming Change. Big +1 from me, my lifes getting more busy as summer sets in and changes like this allow me to get things done faster. Thank You TICH! I love it XD

So just for confirmation, we will be able to breed champs again after the next patch right?

30 people against 4 hmmmm

Im not sure if Switch is trying to say that because four people logged off it doesnt matter how ridiculously fast they could flatten that place into nothingness or what but it kinda seems to make perfect sence to me if Versai is correct in it taking 40 mins to kill the longhouses to get in? What could 4 people possibly do against 30 people? Out repair a 10x10 WoM? 6 priests casting so what were the other 24 doing? watching?

Pretty sure if that were me I would be logging off too, no way am I going to feed champ points to them if I dont even stand a chance to defend my home. 3 hours to undo 3 weeks minimum of work what a catapult would be lucky to achieve in 3 days? Sounds like it has been balanced pretty well now to me and is still easier than catapulting, I just cant agree with any game mechanics that will allow some to drive others away from the game, yes you win some you lose some in pvp and loss is part of what you sign up for but when everything that has taken you a month to do is gone in 3 hours why would anyone bother starting again?

Four was all I had in event logs I could find, I know there was at least one more (Versai) not that it makes a huge difference. Some of us were mining, others trying to keep the defenders busy, and in the process they almost killed one silly MR with just 2 people. 30vs5 not much you can do regardless though so I agree on that. 40 minutes is almost correct, was just over an hour before we were able to start flattening an entrance. For a 2 story tall, 2 wide longhouse, if ammo is supplied, I'm pretty sure we could wreck that longhouse in the same timeframe (if catapulting wasn't bugged of course), though it'd obviously be easier to repair. The most powerful part of WoM though leads to;

I think the better "balance" in my own personal obviously biased opinion would be to make it affect multistory properly. Considering that WoM has a cooldown per person, it's only powerful when you have the casters present. Having it affect an 'AoE' but properly follow multistory destruction would remain it as a "Wrath of Magranon" without being too powerful, imo. Whether it's a 3x3, 5x5, or whatever.

Four was all I had in event logs I could find, I know there was at least one more (Versai) not that it makes a huge difference. Some of us were mining, others trying to keep the defenders busy, and in the process they almost killed one silly MR with just 2 people. 30vs5 not much you can do regardless though so I agree on that. 40 minutes is almost correct, was just over an hour before we were able to start flattening an entrance. For a 2 story tall, 2 wide longhouse, if ammo is supplied, I'm pretty sure we could wreck that longhouse in the same timeframe (if catapulting wasn't bugged of course), though it'd obviously be easier to repair. The most powerful part of WoM though leads to;

I think the better "balance" in my own personal obviously biased opinion would be to make it affect multistory properly. Considering that WoM has a cooldown per person, it's only powerful when you have the casters present. Having it affect an 'AoE' but properly follow multistory destruction would remain it as a "Wrath of Magranon" without being too powerful, imo. Whether it's a 3x3, 5x5, or whatever.

would still be too powerful

its good as it is now.

MR, you were very naughty with that spell, but I do think this change is overcorrection. This seems like the time to bring back the damaged walls becoming passable idea again. My thoughts atm:

1) Make walls and fences passable at 80 dmg

2) Revert magranon spell area change and make it more powerful than catas, one cast = all hit walls passable.

3) (maybe) make catas hit more than one tile - a 3 tile stretch behind the targeted tile

4) Make it so catapults and mag spell can't damage past 90 - need mauls to completely remove walls. (I like this idea for realism too. Imagine trying to remove a wall irl with a catapult, there would come a point where you would need to remove the last bits manually like knocking out last few bricks and digging up the foundations etc :>. It will make it more time consuming to remove off deed structures but i think its a reasonable compromise).

5) Once walls hit 80 dmg they cant be repaired for 10 mins, kinda like lockpicked building doors. Should give attackers enough time to get in and kill anyone trying to seal the hole.

MR, you were very naughty with that spell, but I do think this change is overcorrection. This seems like the time to bring back the damaged walls becoming passable idea again. My thoughts atm:

2) Revert magranon spell area change and make it more powerful than catas, one cast = all hit walls passable.

3) (maybe) make catas hit more than one tile - a 3 tile stretch behind the targeted tile

4) Make it so catapults and mag spell can't damage past 90 - need mauls to completely remove walls. (I like this idea for realism too. Imagine trying to remove a wall irl with a catapult, there would come a point where you would need to remove the last bits manually like knocking out last few bricks and digging up the foundations etc :>. It will make it more time consuming to remove off deed structures but i think its a reasonable compromise).

5) Once walls hit 80 dmg they cant be repaired for 10 mins, kinda like lockpicked building doors. Should give attackers enough time to get in and kill anyone trying to seal the hole.

That.... is incredibly worse than what was before and highly favors raiders :huh:

• Like 1

Those suggestions are so ridiculous that I don't think it requires a rebuttal; never gonna happen.

I cant see it making a big difference to raiding in the "traditional" sense. It does discourage griefing on the scale of Nifelheim. Yes, raiders would still have gotten in, yes all the valuable stuff would have been taken. But to completely remove all those structures would take a lot more time. After the raiders go home, the victims walls, floors, roofs are all still there and need a few bricks to repair vs slabs, shingles, mortar, and even more bricks.

Even if it does favour raiders slightly more than before, arent people always complaining about fighters hiding on deeds all the time?

Dont know about the rest, but just loved the new terraforming change.

I have no tears, my deed wasn't hit. It was attempted, but before a catapult was even set up MR had returned to their boat. I think the manner in which you used WoM called for a nerf because it was evident it was sadly abusable, not to game standards, but many player's standards.

Land of the Dead is very powerful, and only has a day cooldown, but the thing is BL doesn't use it constantly because more than likely they know if they did it would be nerfed. From two raids I saw MR do, they used spell both times forcing two deeds to disband, of course someone is going to complain if that is the end result.

Land of the dead actually has a 3 day cooldown. It has already been nerfed too; the zombies no longer auto-attack guards (as seen on the whitestone raid), guards have to engage them first. And even then, only 1 zombie will fight the guard, so evetually they will all die pretty easily. All they are useful for now is chasing players and providing lag.

Edited by Sevoflurane

You do realise mr had like 30 people at that deed and all bl logged out or wouldnt help that deed 30 people on an undefended deed could do whatever they wanted wrath of mag or no wrath of mag. guess you forget flattening wardeeds on wild eh without wrath of mag.

Let's talk about JK camping the WL now that its at there doorstep. atleast you cant build around it I guess like JK did last time on wild eh.

Even with 30 people, it would have taken you alot of hours to catapult down entire longhouses to dig down the dirtwall.

would still be too powerful

its good as it is now.

You must be the most clueless person I have witness make posts on this forums so far lol

I think you should just leave it as is and have everyone raid the same way, so there isn't a special favor to one side making it easier. I don't mind different religion enchants like FB, Minestealer, RT, that makes an economy and trade fun, but no spell should improvise for hours of work needed in catapulting and sieging. It was proven and even boasted about how powerful it was, and now that has come back to bite you in the behinds. Keep it as is, it is still useful, and not going to destroy anymore deeds forcing disbands.

Land of the Dead is very powerful, and only has a day cooldown, but the thing is BL doesn't use it constantly because more than likely they know if they did it would be nerfed. From two raids I saw MR do, they used spell both times forcing two deeds to disband, of course someone is going to complain if that is the end result.

This I believe is the problem. If anything is effective in pvp people will complain and it will get nerfed. No reason BL should have to be weary about using a neat and effective spell they have at their disposal. Part of the problem is rolf always tends to nerf stuff way too hard and another part of the problem is some ppl will just complain about anything that isn't old school vanilla flavored pvp. If this trend keeps up pvp can end up becoming stale.

• Like 2

If your game crashes when you log on, try disabling VBO in the Compatibility tab.

• You can now level an adjacent tile if the one you are standing on is flat!
  • You can now flatten tile borders!
  • It is currently not possible to breed creatures of special types. Next update a “bred in captivity†trait will be added which prevents fight skill gain from the creature.
  • The Wrath of Magranon spell was considered overpowered and now only affects the target tile
  • Boat keys should no longer disappear when you change servers
  • There is now a option for moving items in village settings
  • Planning and building is now better blocked when in illegal mode
  • Archery on non-player creatures while penned or on another floor level now properly yields no skillgain since it’s too easy
  • The bug where you could not remove build plans of two tiles was fixed
  • Sprout in BSB’s now work
  • Pristine portals no longer require you to be premium to travel to Affliction
  • Chaos players are no longer converted to freedom when travelling to epic
  • Tower guards no longer spawn in other kingdoms perimeter
  • Using the portal from GV should no longer make it impossible to switch kingdoms for 2 weeks
  • You can no longer light campfires inside structures
  • Harvesting with a bucket no longer gives sickle skill
  • Doing things while fishing no longer messes up the timer
  • A bug that crashed the servers was found
  • The bug where lumps had wrong icon will slowly go away
  • Raising rock with concrete now properly sets data for the rock
  • Catapulting messages should have improved and you now shoot the proper amount of tiles. Note that the parabel is calculated based on the height of the tile you aim at. We are discussing adding a some visuals for it or changing the system somehow.

Looks like a pretty solid patch. I'd love to see another half dozen patches like this to address a bunch of different reasonably easy to fix issues that significantly detract from the immersion of the game. I Don't think you are going the right way on fight skill for domestic animals though. Rather than penalizing people for gaining fight skill on their own deeds with animals, why not allow villagers who I assume you expect to work together to actually interact with each other for fight skill?

You want people to PVP, right? Why not let players practice PVP and actually get a reward for the practice. Faith-like skillgain, based on sparring.

The whole "working together" thing, ya know? It is a multiplayer game.

Edited by Farmerbob
  • Like 2

+1 to wrath of Mag nerf, so OP, even forced a deed to disband...

No matter how many times you suggest it bob its still a -1 lol

• Like 4

Ok am i the only one here who see"s the writing on the wall? One of the biggest draws for me and i know for a lot of you is that this game is not made to be simple or easy.

The last thing i want to see is the game being nerfed or made simpler in order to draw in the facebook crowd.I spent hours of digging to get my skill to 55 now i can dig 50 plus dirt in 2 minutes if that isnt dumbing down the game i dont know what is. I hate to say it guys but this is the beginning of the end , Minecraft 2 here we come.

What im talking about in case you havent tried it yet is im digging a large area and have slopes of up to 90 steep, i can stand on level tile and in two actions level that 90 slope tile and dig 100 dirt.

Sounds like a great time saver but i see bad things coming for the game i love and hope others will see it the same way. I want the game to be successful and see Rolf make tons of money,

but dont want to see it go the way of other great games who felt they needed to leave behind the things that made them great in order to appeal to the masses.

Edited by Castile

Sign in to follow this