Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Terraforming Options

If your game crashes when you log on, try disabling VBO in the Compatibility tab.

• You can now level an adjacent tile if the one you are standing on is flat!
  • You can now flatten tile borders!
  • It is currently not possible to breed creatures of special types. Next update a “bred in captivity†trait will be added which prevents fight skill gain from the creature.
  • The Wrath of Magranon spell was considered overpowered and now only affects the target tile
  • Boat keys should no longer disappear when you change servers
  • There is now a option for moving items in village settings
  • Planning and building is now better blocked when in illegal mode
  • Archery on non-player creatures while penned or on another floor level now properly yields no skillgain since it’s too easy
  • The bug where you could not remove build plans of two tiles was fixed
  • Sprout in BSB’s now work
  • Pristine portals no longer require you to be premium to travel to Affliction
  • Chaos players are no longer converted to freedom when travelling to epic
  • Tower guards no longer spawn in other kingdoms perimeter
  • Using the portal from GV should no longer make it impossible to switch kingdoms for 2 weeks
  • You can no longer light campfires inside structures
  • Harvesting with a bucket no longer gives sickle skill
  • Doing things while fishing no longer messes up the timer
  • A bug that crashed the servers was found
  • The bug where lumps had wrong icon will slowly go away
  • Raising rock with concrete now properly sets data for the rock
  • Catapulting messages should have improved and you now shoot the proper amount of tiles. Note that the parabel is calculated based on the height of the tile you aim at. We are discussing adding a some visuals for it or changing the system somehow.

• Like 4

• It is no longer possible to breed creatures of special types

If this means no more breeding champs or greenish creatures i see a big crapstorm brewing.

• Like 11

It is no longer possible to breed creatures of special types

is this means the special conditions such as champions? Or it means of epic creatures such as dragons? Because if it the first one, I would be disappointed since I just caught a champ croc, buy a champ dog, and borrow another champ dog in wish of making my 'deadly Colosseum to throw people into' and making my zoo...

Why is this considered as something to change? Overpopulation? Overpopulation comes mainly from people who only breed horses and other neutral animals as I see on Independence Overpower? At the moment the previous cr and tame condition change already make hostile animals taming to be almost useless... my champ croc only stay loyal for 4-6 hours and I imagine she will go wild in 30 minutes if I let her fight.. so now she gets more useless as I can't preserve her hatchlings to bring to a fight or something?

): Useless skills are useless.

Edited by rosedragon

yes, was about to say they were very vague about that....is that so that there isnt a big s***storm amongst breeders?....please be specifc and define "creatures of special types"

Ah man if i cant breed champs i just totally blew 2s

Had to giggle at that...as now you could probably double your money if you resell them...they will be a lot more rare now.

Another question...i have Champs that are currently pregnant now, are they only going to give birth to regular size or can i still get champ babies from them? gah....

• The Wrath of Magranon spell was considered overpowered and now only affects the target tile

By WHO?

I consider Land of the Dead to be overpowered, when are you going to nerf it?

• Like 2

By WHO?

I consider Land of the Dead to be overpowered, when are you going to nerf it?

by everyone except those using it, someone calculated that a champion magranon priest that casted wrath of magranon was likely to hit the entire deed & cause 10-20 damage at the least, do you know how long that would take with a catapult?

land of the dead can't raze deeds in an hour.

land of the dead also requires tons of bodies.

something that can tear down a deed that took months to build in matter of an hour is OP, especially since some people live in distant countries that is not in the usual timezones and then they can come in the night when literally no one is online and tear the whole place down easily with a spell that hits the entire deed.

Edited by Che
  • Like 1

If this means no more breeding champs or greenish creatures i see a big crapstorm brewing.

I assume thats what it means and I say its a much needed change.

Less zoo's with rainbow coloured collections of deer and unicorns for example.

Less people breeding champ unicorns for easy fight skill etc.

• Like 1

I assume thats what it means and I say its a much needed change.

Less zoo's with rainbow coloured collections of deer and unicorns for example.

Less people breeding champ unicorns for easy fight skill etc.

But then also mean I won't bring my champ away for a hunt since if the champ die, it is over! If champs and other special conditions should be rare, then reduce those tame decay rate and cr reduction :( . Think of it, the tame decay rate and cr reduction has reduced tamers from potentially hunt with pets while penaltized on FS gain to animals collector or crazy zoo lady. Now both are taken away, champs and such are just bonus fs... think of the animals! D:

But then also mean I won't bring my champ away for a hunt since if the champ die, it is over! If champs and other special conditions should be rare, then reduce those tame decay rate and cr reduction :( . Think of it, the tame decay rate and cr reduction has reduced tamers from potentially hunt with pets while penaltized on FS gain to animals collector or crazy zoo lady. Now both are taken away, champs and such are just bonus fs... think of the animals! D:

Good point, all previous taming and cr nerfs on tamed and lead animals should be removed ASAP.

• Like 1

Actually, ok, keep the cr nerf.. but make taming more than stupidly stupid skill of nothing of importance. I bring a raging black bear for hunt, from 30 taming skill.. i let him hold a lava spider.. after lava spider died i see him nervous.. aka he could be untame at any moment.. that is stupid..

Then yesterday I acquired a champ croc.. it is hard to get her.. and then it took 4-6hours for her to go untame.. i dont think i can take her to any fight.

Yes, considering people can farm champs, it is one needed change unless there always always always other ways to prevent this. Like make the breed took longer time.. or harder to do the breeding. Atm, if an animal is pregnant and not fat, there is big chance of the animal to goes starving by just forgetting to feed it once.. that thing for me already make breeding to be a hard stuff.. and clever way to stop too many animals.

I think I start to blabber but my point here is animal taming and charming is currently useless and it is make me very very very very very very sad. Because animals are the most thing I like on wurm.

• You can now level an adjacent tile if the one you are standing on is flat!

View the tumblr article

Tich you are my hero! this works a treat.

One comment though, one of the messages is incorrect, when you cannot carry any more dirt/sand due to weight, you get the following msg:

[11:14:14] If you could carry one more dirt pile, one more corner could be levelled.

It should be a "you cannot carry anymore weight" type msg.

Tich you are my hero! this works a treat.

One comment though, one of the messages is incorrect, when you cannot carry any more dirt/sand due to weight, you get the following msg:

[11:14:14] If you could carry one more dirt pile, one more corner could be levelled.

It should be a "you cannot carry anymore weight" type msg.

The message is same as for flattening (except the last word). But i'll look at it, thanks

>A couple of archery skillgains that have been too fast recently were reduced

Please clarify this! What exactly changed besides shooting penned animals?

Using a bow was deemed OP, you will have to stab mobs with the arrow instead to bring archery on line with melee

• Like 3

Using a bow was deemed OP, you will have to stab mobs with the arrow instead to bring archery on line with melee

Im assuming that Rolf nerfed archery skillgains, which I really hope isnt the case. Because that makes it yet another window of opportunity. If he wants to nerf archery, nerf the damage or accuracy of the arrows. Dont make it harder for people who dont have high archery yet. Because this wont do a thing for those who already have 90 archery.

EDIT: Rolf confirmed that its not actual archery gains. Misread it, Sorry!

Edited by GroeneAppel
  • Like 2

[11:39:47] You start to flattening the tile border. [11:40:21] You can't flattening at that depth.

Minor thing but thought I'd post it here.

this wont do a thing for those who already have 90 archery.

so much skills whit this problem.. nerfed skill gain but when people had his lv over 90

Can we get a keybind for Level and could the Flatten keybind be made to work on the tile border too, please?

• Archery on non-player creatures while penned or on another floor level now properly yields no skillgain since it’s too easy
  • A couple of archery skillgains that have been too fast recently were reduced

1. How so? This makes absolutely no sense at all because penning a creature then shooting it is a lot more work than just shooting it in the first place. Archery allows you to shoot from a distance making the monster unable to attack you in time.

2. Please don't, newbies shouldn't have a harder time skilling up their archery. Especially with how important it is in PvP.

• Like 3

• It is no longer possible to breed creatures of special types

Something's fun and useful? Better get rid of it.

• Like 1

I see in the DevBlog version that sprouts in bsbs now work. Does this mean that sprouts that were put into bsbs before will now plant correctly, or just sprouts put in from now? (I have 80 grape sprouts I'm terrified are spoiled)

it's typical Rolf weird sentence. It could also mean that he set back some players that gained archery skill too fast recently.

I see in the DevBlog version that sprouts in bsbs now work. Does this mean that sprouts that were put into bsbs before will now plant correctly, or just sprouts put in from now? (I have 80 grape sprouts I'm terrified are spoiled)

The sprouts I put in the moment we were able to bulk them, came out right since the update

That Wrath of Mag spell would come in very handy for my mag-priest-mayor to bash walls on his deed without loosing faith...

Edited by Lycanthropic

Sign in to follow this