Sign in to follow this  
lakeel

Horses Pulling Catapults

simple right? just add a function that lets you tie 1 or 2 horses to a catapult and have them pull it. and have 1 person sit on the catapuld and control it like a cart.

it would make siege warfare alot easier :lol: hit and run tatics and stuff. besides they've had animals pulling siege wepons for thousands of years. like in lord of the rings

Well.. Lord of the rings isn't real, sadly -tears up-

Oh, and trolls aren't horses..

But I would +1 this! Let us tie a horse to a catapult and ride the horse, dragging the cata behind us

Well.. Lord of the rings isn't real, sadly -tears up-

Oh, and trolls aren't horses..

But I would +1 this! Let us tie a horse to a catapult and ride the horse, dragging the cata behind us

yay my first supporter ever!

I'd back this if they could only be dragged by either a horse or two people at once, which would make sense with such a heavy weapon. And even then, not at 12-15 km/h, but more about 6-7 km/h.

I'd back this if they could only be dragged by either a horse or two people at once, which would make sense with such a heavy weapon. And even then, not at 12-15 km/h, but more about 6-7 km/h.

You already drag them at 6-7Km/h

I know. But doesn't it strike you odd that a small human can drag a massive siege weapon with fast walking speed (most people walk at 6 km/h)? This is why I support nerfing it so you can't drag it alone, so you HAVE to use a horse for dragging (or two people). Realism.

Well, once you get something heavy going, it doesn't take much to keep it going.

Catapults weren't generally moved in a whole state when being transported with the army. Most were a take-down design and crew-served, meaning they were taken apart and hauled to the site in pieces where they were reassembled. It takes 3-4 people to move an onager over anything but flat ground, and it's very tiring to the soldiers who had to be fresh at the battlefield, so they took them apart and hauled them in wagons until needed. Ballistae and scorpions were lighter and could be dragged like a small cart with a couple of men.

I know. But doesn't it strike you odd that a small human can drag a massive siege weapon with fast walking speed (most people walk at 6 km/h)? This is why I support nerfing it so you can't drag it alone, so you HAVE to use a horse for dragging (or two people). Realism.

You might not have noticed this, but wurm is a game. realism is not required in games and can be quite boring. I know, i know it's not easy to tell the difference, i first figured it out when i saw red unicorns :)

Very well formulated argument...

+1 if I'm not mistaken the message when you examine it specifically says it can be pulled by horses, anyway.

Do you only know how to spell -1? xD

Well, once you get something heavy going, it doesn't take much to keep it going.

with perfect wheels on flat and stable ground, yes. Tell me about perfect weels in medieval ages and the flat and hard-surfaced ground on battlefields. Alaric is perfectly right.

realism is not required in games and can be quite boring

Ever tried to assemble a ship? Quite realistic I'd say. Wurm derives a lot of fun out of that realism, where you need 20 stone bricks and mortar to actually build a wall, not like in a lot of other games 2-5 stones and done.