Sign in to follow this  
yarnevk

Friends List On Deed Permissions

I needed an L-shaped deed due to corner blockage, which workaround requires two alt deeds allied with complete permissions, which means I cannot ally with neighbors as they would have complete access, while I might trust this or that guy, I do not trust their neighbors of neighbors of neighbors new villagers in the alliance I do not even know.

Let me add people I trust to permissions, and not have to include people I do not know. Using existing selected friends list permission already on locked house doors for deed permissions matrix solves the problem, though you have to decide if the house door or the deed friend permissions should have priority in case of conflicts.

This way my alt deeds can friend permission each other, and I can rejoin the neighborhood alliance without worrying about loosing control of my deed.

Extra credit.....Remove the alliance can pick up deed objects default permissions, and put this on the permission matrix where it belongs. Remove anyone or nobody can tame on your deed option, and put this on the permission matrix where it belongs.

Edited by yarnevk

You don't need to give permissions to all allies.

Just make a seperate role for your own village in your 2 alt villages with all permissions.

I thought this was already possible...it's not very well-documented but I think you can enter a village name or even a single person's name and create a rank for them. Someone will have to confirm -- I'm not sure if I'm right.

Yes, you can already create roles within the deed management section for individual villages by adding them by name.

Would still be nice to give permission to a single person and not an entire village. Even if the role management screen allowed just 1 role to be one person specific it would help. Not every wants to add a whole persons village to their permissions but would like to just have that one person out of that village. Like my village had permission to do stuff on a neighbors deed but then I gave a couple new players that tried settling in a bad spot next to my deed respawn rights at my village and nothing else while i showed them a good area close by to settle. When I first did this I asked my villages permissions to be taken from my neighbors deed since they to would of been able to chop his trees and mine etc. Now if there would a 1 person 1 role I would of been able to keep those permissions.

So see a person specific role comes in handy

So you are saying any character name or any village name can already be entered in place of a role name on the deed permission matrix is a undocumented hidden feature?!

The way I read the form you can only have role names and then you could select your citizen and give them a different role (like SPAWNONLY has no permissions). I do not see how different citizens in other villages in the alliance (or any friend for that matter) can be assigned different roles

So I see it as deed1/DOITALL role has all permissions for deed1, deed2/DOITALL role has all permissions for deed2.

deed1/alt1 is given the deed1/DOITALL role and can do everything on deed1, deed2/alt2 is given the deed2/DOITALL role and can do everything on deed2. (I actually just used citizen role as I do not plan taking in villagers)

deed2 joins the MYNEIGHBOR alliance with deed3, and I let default ally role to pass gates only, so can come look at my horse.

But how do I get deed1/alt1 to be deed2/DOITALL role and deed2/alt2 the deed1/DOITALL role so each alt can work freely on both my deeds? You are just saying instead of role I type deed2 on the deed1 permission matrix as the role name?

Next to let allied deed3 say to deed1/alt1 come dig some dirt on deed3 he just adds deed1 on deed3 dig permission, yet deed4 in the alliance cannot dig on deed3?

Edited by yarnevk

Look at the bottom of the permissions for your village. You'll see newrole and at the very end of that a village name. You may need to expand the window some. Put a village name in there and the role you create is for that village only.