Sign in to follow this  
snowblind

Server's Down Any Eta On

View hidden Post

Your missing the point. For one i will lose 2 horses. for two this is 3rd time ill lose animals I know its happened to people before and it was worse and everyone hated it etc.... That does not comfort me at all and you offering me a pair to breed does not either its the fact that it keeps happening in short period of time. Rosedragon I did suggest all those things earlier. And as ive said if there is progress than thats great but it seems to get worse and if other people are happy with that then great but I for one am not and all the arguements you put up wont change that reyaa

To be honest it's a free trial. You must pay to unlock full use of the game. And while others may fund their accounts with labor, I don't want a game to be my second job.

It's no different to what you'd do anyway? It's like a second job getting skills a lot higher than 20, i'm sure we all know that. But hey That dirt you just dug up terraforming for your little haven or them rocks you mined out of the cave that you may never use... sell them.

You pay for extra benefits but you don't have to pay it if you don't want to, that's the whole point i'm making. And no it's not just a free trial... a free trial is a limited time playing the game before you are forced to pay to log in.

Hey i'm a full time college student that just spent 60e to be able to place a deed on Pristine and I have limited time to play too, i'm upset the servers are down but me whining about "I paid to play get it back on now" isn't exactly going to do anything.

Your missing the point. For one i will lose 2 horses. for two this is 3rd time ill lose animals I know its happened to people before and it was worse and everyone hated it etc.... That does not comfort me at all and you offering me a pair to breed does not either its the fact that it keeps happening in short period of time. Rosedragon I did suggest all those things earlier. And as ive said if there is progress than thats great but it seems to get worse and if other people are happy with that then great but I for one am not and all the arguements you put up wont change that reyaa

No I am not missing the point. Hey i've lost loads of animals... for one do you even know what traits your horses has? Are they 2 speed, 3 speed, 4 speed, 5 speed or have 6 or more traits? Did they cost you 2s in the Market? They may have even cost you 35c each.

I'll point this out though... Games bug... servers crash... hardware breaks, software breaks...computers can and will break when they feel like it... It happens. When it happens on a server that many are playing on... things disappear, bugs may ensue, people may lose boats and horses or even be dead and that is unfortunate. When such things happen, and a member of the community is willing to help you retrieve what you may have lost and return it to you, or even replace it with horses of equal or possibly better value than what you had, I wouldn't be whining about it.

It's happened more than once... could be a sign of hardware failure... i really hope not. I feel your pain too, I don't want to have wasted money on this either but I have... I even spent 3 hours thinking if I should or not.

Edited by Reyaa

Hey i'm a full time college student that just spent 60e to be able to place a deed on Pristine and I have limited time to play too, i'm upset the servers are down but me whining about "I paid to play get it back on now" isn't exactly going to do anything ?

• Like 1

so your arguing with us but at the same time agrreing that no one cares if we complain?

'Trial' can mean many things. The limitation isn't always time. You aren't paying for 'extra'. You're paying for full functionality. What does or does not constitute 'free' in your mind is irrelevant. Rolf operates this game by trading a service for money. You pay for services rendered. There is a reasonable expectation placed on that transaction. Myself and others whom I agree with aren't saying 'get it back on now', we're saying 'can this please stop happening'. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. If we're not supposed to bring it up when it happens, when should we?

• Like 1

Hey i'm a full time college student that just spent 60e to be able to place a deed on Pristine and I have limited time to play too, i'm upset the servers are down but me whining about "I paid to play get it back on now" isn't exactly going to do anything ?

I understand you're frustrated but now the whining is starting to get repetative. No matter what we do, it will get fixed when it get fixed. It shouldn't be an excuse, but if you play this game for any amount of time you'll see these issues pop up. I can only hope they don't need to do a database rollback.

Shidoni, one must know the cause of the issue in order to stop it happening.

This issue may of course be totally unrelated to the previous ones yet cause the same effect. Someone pointed out that it could be ISP... maybe it could be a power surge, a tripped switch, a power outage... could be the Hardware has exploded... i don't know, i ain't there to see it.

But as long as things are travelling across a wire where a lightning storm can nuke it to hell and back... it may never be fixed for life.

It is just a game and I am sure there are things in the real world you have put off doing in favor of playing wurm. Take this time to get those items done so when the server is back up your time is free to enjoy the game and company of your friends there. Every online game has these issues and if you cant handle haveing to deal with the down times then it is possible that online games are not the best game for you to play as the stress is not good for your health.

Edited by Trepper

actualy teledahn that was a quote from someone elses post......i just didnt want to repost the whole thing

I understand things happen. And I'm reserving my disappointment until I actually get in game and see what has been affected. I may be completely unscathed, and thankful for it. However, 'things happen' an awful lot with Wurm. I don't know the solution. I don't know the problem. But I'm not trying to make money off of it. I love Wurm. And I greatly appreciate the work, love and ingenuity that has gone into it. I'm just starting to think I'm developing battered gamer syndrome.

I understand you're frustrated but now the whining is starting to get repetative. No matter what we do, it will get fixed when it get fixed. It shouldn't be an excuse, but if you play this game for any amount of time you'll see these issues pop up. I can only hope they don't need to do a database rollback.

He's just quoting what I said in a post but forgot the quote marks... I used my own experience as an example. I thought it would help to offer nice free horses but hey he doesn't want that either... can't please everyone :(

I understand things happen. And I'm reserving my disappointment until I actually get in game and see what has been affected. I may be completely unscathed, and thankful for it. However, 'things happen' an awful lot with Wurm. I don't know the solution. I don't know the problem. But I'm not trying to make money off of it. I love Wurm. And I greatly appreciate the work, love and ingenuity that has gone into it. I'm just starting to think I'm developing battered gamer syndrome.

Same here Ive played too many games and this happens to be second place on my favorites list but im still considering not playing anymore.(first game being ultima online)

I'm starting to think I'm developing battered gamer syndrome.

:) I think most of use thats been with wurm for the last few months are.

And those of us that have been here for years well.... We're just incureable

Edited by Ronnie

It's coding... even a misplaced "." will break the rest of the code... may not stop it from running but it will cause issues. I did a little Java in college and it took me 2 hours to find what I did wrong on a simple click based game :(

Yeah my disappointment would be if I log on and fences have broke etc and all my animals are gone... or if they ever have to do a rollback *i really hope not, they can be more game breaking than game fixing* and i find i haven't got a deed anymore and all that work just poofed into the wind..

But until I know what I may or may not have lost... i'm not gonna go mad :)

I at work, can't really play even if it up or down but yet I'm refreshing the forum and the game @_@ ... I think we all do so addicted that wurm no longer just a game.. so each of us have our own outbursts for the server down.. from rage, sad, posting things on forum, laughs at others, etc.. I wish no one really quit for such a thing xP ..

The way I see it is i don't care how much wurm breaks... it's the only place i can build fun stuff without laws getting in the way, and where I could ever afford to own a horse and sail around on water looking at epic scenery... not to mention climbing physically dangerous mountains to see the epicness...

I can't do it in reality cause government planning laws suck, horses cost a fortune I don't have to keep, i'd definately get lost at sea on a rowboat and doubt I would survive... and physical conditions render that mountain unclimbable no matter how much I may wish it... curse the world, it's far too buggy! It needs fixing! xD

Personally i won't be quitting xD

• Like 1

I do not have any official words to pass along however just to give everyone who is unaware an update, we normally encounter Rolf looking into any problems about this time of day for him. So IF there is a problem with the Wurm Online end of things he will likely be getting it sorted soon from the time of this post. Please try to be patient a little longer.

• Like 3

starting to see green across the board

edit:according to yaga's tool looks green but still getting connection refused

Edited by Teledahn

Sad Green.

No Wurmz :(

Time to start drinking! :o

I actually made this earlier for one of my friends who does drinking games with me when shes not down here.

35520858.jpg

• Like 1