Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Remove Glimmersteel From Terraforming Events And Dont Interfer With Their Results

Why should some events be tampered with after the fact when the victim happens to be a noisy person and yet others are left to deal with it because they dont throw a tantrum at what was advertised and warned to be a part of life on Epic? And why should people who dont motivate themselves to paticipate in pvp on a pvp server be rewarded with precious metal from sitting at home doing nothing and taking no risks other than living on a server that is known to have terraforming events?

• Like 11

I 100% agree with you. Glimmersteel/admantine should be an incentive to get off your butts and go do some PvP, as it's really only use is.. weapons and armor, correct? (Adamantine for armour and glimmer for weapons)

Why should you be rewarded for being a barbarian?

Why should someone else suffer because they don't want to travel the wasteland destroying other peoples work?

It can go both ways.

• Like 1

I like these rewards. They should be more spread out and lower quantity. There's a lot wrong with missions and I really don't think this is a problem. And if it was then it certainly wouldn't (or shouldn't) be a priority.

In addition it's my opinion terraforming events shouldn't hit deeds in the first place.

Edited by Wiro
  • Like 1

+1.

The truth is glimmersteel and adamantite can make a noticeable difference, they can easily change a fight or win a 1v1 because they had bonuses. You shouldn't be giving that stuff away, it is unfair to everyone who has attended HotA, lived on Elevation, and fought, killed, and died at HotA for merely 2kgs of it. 2kgs isn't even enough to make a single longsword blade. You start 50ql, and each win only raises it by 1 quality. So that's 30+ HotAs you have to win successfully to even get to a reasonable imping quality for PvP.

The advantage of having it now is pretty much diminished because everyone got it for free and handed out like noob starter tools. The point of those terraforming events were to punish enemy kingdoms, and make you work together to do missions as a kingdom. It also changes the map up, so instead of needing a restart or new map, the map changes around you. A giant crater shouldn't hit then suddenly enemy gets 30-40kgs of free glimmersteel. That's not a punishment at all.

• Like 1

Why should some events be tampered with after the fact when the victim happens to be a noisy person and yet others are left to deal with it because they dont throw a tantrum at what was advertised and warned to be a part of life on Epic? And why should people who dont motivate themselves to paticipate in pvp on a pvp server be rewarded with precious metal from sitting at home doing nothing and taking no risks other than living on a server that is known to have terraforming events?

For once I agree with Sme completely. Deeds on BLH have previously been destroyed by terraforming events (including the starter deed) and nothing has been done to correct them.

Also it seems a bit too late with the free glimmer, it looks like a lot of that has already been handed out.

Why should someone else suffer because they don't want to travel the wasteland destroying other peoples work?

It can go both ways.

lol?

Don't tell me somebody made kiss kiss to Rolf until he reverted a meteor strike

It can go both ways.

Because its a pvp server you dummy.

Edited by Tryfaen
  • Like 2

Because its a pvp server you dummy.

Personal attacks are against the rules, please refrain from doing so.

• Like 1

I agree that glimmersteel shouldn't be given out at the end of scenarios, though I do believe the end results of scenarios shouldn't be deeds getting wrecked. Didn't agree with the BLH starter deed getting wrecked (didn't know others did), didn't agree with that deed on JKH getting hit, and I don't agree with the deeds on both Ele and MRH that just got hit. Having tons of work and money destroyed in an instant because of some terribly bugged to hell mission system where half the missions we do don't even count as finished is rather.... disappointing.

I liked the fact that I was just walking around and found glimmersteel ore right outside flamma.

Personal attacks are against the rules, please refrain from doing so.

In order to defend your opinion, a defense of opinion is required...

aka your record isn't very hot right now ;p

In order to defend your opinion, a defense of opinion is required...

aka your record isn't very hot right now ;p

I never attack anyone personally, I may attack them indirectly, but never personally.

Big +1 from me.

Remove those stupid glimmersteel boulders from terraforming, and in turn maybe make them a bit less devastating.

I'm okay with them hitting deeds, but maybe in a fashion that doesnt completely wreck the land.. but maybe just does slight terraforming and structure damage..

Off deed they can do massive damage for all i care, but the only part of this that makes you feel you really won a scenario and it did something is if it hits enemies and not just enemy territory like a random forest or something.

I'm all for it hitting deeds, but it shouldn't destroy a deed beyond repair.

Like Marcus's deed/house that's now halfway up a mountain, or the MR deed that was. huh.. craterized. Maybe abunch of small craters that could be refiled? Idk.

I disagree completely people are given something because the event wrecks things.

Well I can see what Rolf intended by using such as a way to help take the sting from having a terraforming event occur.

On the otherhand, the two metals are pretty handy, especially in pvp.

You might want to check this because as far as I gathered, the meteors are bugged.

They are meant to hit deeds.

They are meant to destroy things and wreck havoc.

They are not meant to create irreparable terraforming damage.

• Like 1

Im still waiting on volcanoes like the ones I saw in test. Supposedly they are on the event list.

I'd never go to Epic because of those terreforming events.

Edited by Sir Arowhun