Sign in to follow this  
Dergen

2 Houses In The Same Tile

After maintenance today, my house walls are acting weirdly.

3rkcUzA.jpg

M2ghR0B.jpg

Jellyfish house is actually 2 tiles away from mine.

7y7Kkok.jpg

this is in my deed and i have been having some structure bugs near water aswell. ( had GM already check in 2times )

yesterday it didnt allow me to sleep in the 2nd bed on 2nd floor, but in 1st bed i was allowed to sleep if it wouldnt have been occupied.

So all these problems seem to be somehow related, one problem is that Jellyfish cannot finish 1 wall behind his mansion, it keeps refreshing. I guess that the same problem caused all these other things.

edit: GM is looking of a solution.

Edited by silakka

I logged in today and my house is now jellyfish's mansion and i still have my house writ. There is no locks on the doors, but i cant get out of the house.

My priest is outside of the house and it seems something weird is going on the Jellyfish's mansion.

pTqcA0k.jpg

All the house plans in the screenshot is his buildings.

Edited by Dergen

His house is really weird.

All the building plans is his building too.

0tNfPd0.jpg

I have this exact same problem on Pristine, except it is 3 houses overlapping. Any my entire deed area thinks it is inside a building, including the token. I could theoretically build walls and floors in the token square, on the side of my 125 slope hill, etc.

it's a known bug its being worked on. The bugged house usually is missing a wall which is causing it to spread out in a most unnatural way during server startup.

thats the evil demon that got me.. He's a mean bugger! zcul will get ya fixed up!

Hope so..

otherwise i cant continue on my plans ;(

it's a known bug its being worked on. The bugged house usually is missing a wall which is causing it to spread out in a most unnatural way during server startup.

Yes, my friend couldnt finish the last wall at back because it kept refreshing the action window.

I tried to finish it after this bug had spreaded, but didnt fix the problem.

Edited by silakka

my neighbor also paying on a bugged deed with same problem...seems a shame to pay for something unuseable due to a bug for so long...Started with a door tat wouldnt open...was told to 'suck it up' and wait till next mornings reboot....which he did to log on to find this mess all over his deed heh..now been that way a week...

i feel your pains. 30 days now. Bug for me took a new shape, Last night my 3x3 stone building ony my dock vanished. then when i tried to access its writ it crumbled saying the buildings doesnt exist. Inshort database ate my building and donno why.i am tired of rebuilding and im Tired of this bug. Donno wat to do now, takes alot of motovation to log in these days.

Maybe the next person Rolf employees should be a half-decent and experienced Database engineer, not only to sort out the current DB but also in the long term construct a new database, and migrating the information from old to new, using a different DB engine that's more upto the job, maybe then we can get the cap on wildlife upped and other DB associated problems sorted?

Oh gawd I hope mine dont pop. Depending on which building pops, the lowest I would lose would be the 3x3 made of stone. I know that's "only" around 300 bricks and mortar, but thats a lot on a young server like Pristine. The other two buildings, well, SIGNIFICANTLY larger (18 tile multistory and 15 tile multistory). Thats a lot of materials.

I really hope this gets fixed. The errored out building plans cover about 3/4 of our farmland and horse pens, making them unplantable for crops (we lost 17 tiles of pumpkins, twice, and numerous other crops.)

Edited by GnatTheGnome

Any traction on this? It's been almost a week and we're having to farm off deed and find other projects to work on since most of my deed space is unuseable (not to mention with it does to the FPS and lag on the computers of some of my villagers. Heck, even my $3000 PC slows to a crawl in the area sometimes)

I'd just pop the writs and re-build except for the huge amounts of resources used to build them (rough count is around 1500 bricks and mortar, not counting the wood floors and temp walls/floors used as scaffolding)

Deleteing the writs want be enough if you had double walls and even some which didn't the thing will vanish but you want see the invisable double and triple walls.

You will need to delete the writ then replan the same house and finalize it to make any extra walls reapear then destroy that writ and repeat till no extra walls appear. this will ahve to be done for every house/shack affected by this bug. Then once every inner wall outer wall has been brought to the open doing this you should have the glitch fixed.

Just rem make sure you have no refreshing walls before you lay one brick just one building on a deed can cause this to kill every other building on your deed.

Remember run around every planned wall and try to build the wall to make sure not 1 wall is refreshing. then actually build them if none refresh. What is happening is when 1 wall is left refreshing it becomes invis and on a server reset it trys to compansate the missing wall cause it has to have a wall even a frame but it's not seeing it so you get the bad bug and it will spread. 3 of my buildings alone had this bug and was fixed by gm's / dev's but this was a patch and not a fix cause the server still see's it missing.

If you have 1 building with a missing wall don't call for a dev or gm to fix just delete the writ and redo it. You can try and ask for replacement mat's in a support ticket before you delete the building you may or may not get it but don't delete the building then try.

But i would highly recommend you do it fast cause on a server reset it can get ugly a few of us know all to well first hand exp.

Edited by Arkonick