Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

The Shroud Converted

• The Shroud on Chaos has been converted to HOTS and should function as a start town. Everyone within it’s vicinity had to be converted to HOTS lest they be slain as they log on.
  • A crash bug with catapults shooting one tile was fixed
  • Custom kingdom settings should be properly propagated and saved on other servers so that portals don’t allow auto join for instance.
  • You should now be able to conquer enemy towers within your own perimeter

View the tumblr article

• The Shroud on Chaos has been converted to HOTS and should function as a start town. Everyone within it’s vicinity had to be converted to HOTS lest they be slain as they log on.

Yay, thank you. Maybe now I can crawl out of that cave I've been cowering in because there was no where to respawn.

Very needed change and a proper return for HoTS thank you Rolf. I'd like to just make one query though, is the Bone Altar really going to be staying at the shroud? It seems rather unfair to have their primary altar used for recharging artifacts right next to an enormous deed filled with guards that noone has to pay upkeep for o.o

If any WL kingdom were to attempt an attack on the Bone Altar or go to recharge BL artifacts they would be at a huge tactical disadvantage against HoTS due to this which is an advantage not afforded the other way around for the Altar of Three. In fact in it's current position the Bone Altar is breaking your own coded rules about buildings and deeds within range of the big altars.

• Like 2

Very needed change and a proper return for HoTS thank you Rolf. I'd like to just make one query though, is the Bone Altar really going to be staying at the shroud? It seems rather unfair to have their primary altar used for recharging artifacts right next to an enormous deed filled with guards that noone has to pay upkeep for o.o

If any WL kingdom were to attempt an attack on the Bone Altar or go to recharge BL artifacts they would be at a huge tactical disadvantage against HoTS due to this which is an advantage not afforded the other way around for the Altar of Three. In fact in it's current position the Bone Altar is breaking your own coded rules about buildings and deeds within range of the big altars.

You make a good point, but why would Lib be even willing to let it charge in heathen hands?

Really neat the HOTS are back on Chaos. Another reason the bone altar should be moved is it will be next to impossible for someone to convert to HOTS via the bone altar.

• Like 1

Too bad all our lib priests got ruined, only to be reinstated a year later.

• Like 1

Will we get /transfers back to Lib, rolf? The Lib priests were forced out of priesthood, should only be fair to let them convert back.

Nadroj also has a good point - Is there any reason why the BL was moved from its original position?

• Like 6

Really neat the HOTS are back on Chaos. Another reason the bone altar should be moved is it will be next to impossible for someone to convert to HOTS via the bone altar.

As it should be I think.

HOTS is back.

Nice. Amazing and welcomed revision, Rolf.

Edited by GreenHero

btw what will happen with gold coast and the landing? will they be linked to mr/jk or just removed? atm they are just an annoyance

• Like 1

Is there any guarantee if I take the time to make and develop a new libila priest on chaos all of my work and effort wont be erased like it was last time?

Is there any guarantee if I take the time to make and develop a new libila priest on chaos all of my work and effort wont be erased like it was last time?

This is wurm. Live by the fact that NOTHING is ever guaranteed. Tomorrow all the servers could be completely wiped.

This is wurm. Live by the fact that NOTHING is ever guaranteed. Tomorrow all the servers could be completely wiped.

Shh.. don't curse us like that.. >.<

Wurm 1.0

Wurm 1.0

Thats why I think it is a rational question. A lot of people lost good characters from the last event... That is a lot of time and money.

The previous Libila priests we're all converted to magranon with /transfers to switch to fo or vynora if they desired. It's really only fair to give people a /transfer to libila option now and tbh that would do a lot to help get HoTS on its feet as it would make joining the kingdom far easier for those on the server who would recieve the /transfer.

Can anyone advise the benifits of a hots priest over say vynora?

Im wondering if it might be worth bringing redeemed over to put the account to good use.

Can anyone advise the benifits of a hots priest over say vynora?

Im wondering if it might be worth bringing redeemed over to put the account to good use.

Vynora weapon enchant = Frostbrand, 100 cast = frostburn wound of 33% the power of the standard hit. This is a seperate wound meaning the weapon does 2 wounds per hit

Libila weapon enchant = Rotting Touch, 100 cast = rotting effect wound of 33% the power of a standard hit. This stacks all into one wound and the effect makes wounds fester so that they will heal slower or get worse quicker. This effect wears down every healing tick. Also increases weapon damage x3 so is inadvisable to use for hunting.

Libila has Bloodthirst, this enchant can reach up to a power of 10,000 giving 1% additional damage to a weapon for every thousand. The power increases for every hit on an enemy player (2 points if nothing has changed since i last saw it and 30 for a killshot). This makes it weaker than standard weapon enchants even after enormous effort to get a max power cast but is effective on bows making it very useful for archers as no other enchant increases bow damage.

Vynora armour enchant = Aura of Shared Pain, 100 cast = 33% of damage recieved is sent back to the enemy, including damage type such as RT or poison effect and hurtin status.

Libila armour enchant = Web armour which causes large drops in movement speed and weapon swing timers on to the enemy who lands a blow on you. Not sure of specifics but i find it to be very effective in pvp but ineffectual for assisting in hunting like AoSP can.

Vynora tool enchants = Wind of Ages, decreases usage timer

Circle of Cunning, increases skill gain

Libila tool enchant = Blessings of the dark, effectively a combination of circle of cunning and woa in one enchantment.

Vynora has nimbleness accuracy enchant which is almost a must have in pvp nowadays since woa was made pretty much redundant on weapons, Libilas only equivalent to this is a player buff that increases accuracy.

I assume you meant enchants but i could also go into detail about comparison of the attack spells and buffs ofc, think i covered it all.

Edited by Nadroj

Vynora weapon enchant = Frostbrand, 100 cast = frostburn wound of 33% the power of the standard hit. This is a seperate wound meaning the weapon does 2 wounds per hit

Libila weapon enchant = Rotting Touch, 100 cast = rotting effect wound of 33% the power of a standard hit. This stacks all into one wound and the effect makes wounds fester so that they will heal slower or get worse quicker. This effect wears down every healing tick. Also increases weapon damage x3 so is inadvisable to use for hunting.

Libila has Bloodthirst, this enchant can reach up to a power of 10,000 giving 1% additional damage to a weapon for every thousand. The power increases for every hit on an enemy player (2 points if nothing has changed since i last saw it and 30 for a killshot). This makes it weaker than standard weapon enchants even after enormous effort to get a max power cast but is effective on bows making it very useful for archers as no other enchant increases bow damage.

Vynora armour enchant = Aura of Shared Pain, 100 cast = 33% of damage recieved is sent back to the enemy, including damage type such as RT or poison effect and hurtin status.

Libila armour enchant = Web armour which causes large drops in movement speed and weapon swing timers on to the enemy who lands a blow on you. Not sure of specifics but i find it to be very effective in pvp but ineffectual for assisting in hunting like AoSP can.

Vynora tool enchants = Wind of Ages, decreases usage timer

Circle of Cunning, increases skill gain

Libila tool enchant = Blessings of the dark, effectively a combination of circle of cunning and woa in one enchantment.

Vynora has nimbleness accuracy enchant which is almost a must have in pvp nowadays since woa was made pretty much redundant on weapons, Libilas only equivalent to this is a player buff that increases accuracy.

I assume you meant enchants but i could also go into detail about comparison of the attack spells and buffs ofc, think i covered it all.

Thanks, it was the spells in particular i was looking to know about.

Guess it might be worth moving the toon over in that case, with Hots now back on Chaos, do we have any villages or towns running as Hots now? or is it still a bit early?

Surely this is a bug, now the ONLY option in /transfer is to transfer to libila?

Sign in to follow this