Sign in to follow this  
Kswords

Remove Epic From Freedom/chaos Clusters

Remove Epic from Freedom/Chaos Cluster?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Epic from Freedom/Chaos Cluster?

• Yes
    • No

Outposts, Karma, Missions.

Get rid of these from the freedom cluster.

We asked for PvP and PMKs on Chaos, not an Epic server. The skill gain was the only difference.

PvP was fine before Epic came, it only dropped after Epic was released. All we needed was to remove the portals to Chaos and reintroduce sailing across servers, which has already been added.

Why these missions and karma were not removed from Freedom over a year ago is beyond my comprehension. Is it really that hard to remove a chunk of code from all the servers that aren't involved with the Epic cluster? Even if it takes months, I would love to see this code gone from the servers.

The HotA was a fine start in bringing PvP back in and has livened up the server. So I'm not going to argue about that.

If instead these are not removed then why not just spill the whole thing over to Chaos?... let us ruin the land with all the events from Epic.

• Like 1

Outposts, Karma, Missions.

Get rid of these from the freedom cluster.

We asked for PvP and PMKs on Chaos, not an Epic server. The skill gain was the only difference.

PvP was fine before Epic came, it only dropped after Epic was released. All we needed was to remove the portals to Chaos and reintroduce sailing across servers, which has already been added.

Why these missions and karma were not removed from Freedom over a year ago is beyond my comprehension. Is it really that hard to remove a chunk of code from all the servers that aren't involved with the Epic cluster? Even if it takes months, I would love to see this code gone from the servers.

The HotA was a fine start in bringing PvP back in and has livened up the server. So I'm not going to argue about that.

If instead these are not removed then why not just spill the whole thing over to Chaos?... let us ruin the land with all the events from Epic.

dont know if trolling but more players play epic then chaos which means that more players likes what you do not like

and yes... stop making chaos into an epic fan.. those who stayed on chaos was merely just too lazy to start over again

there is no way that chaos will get more pvp unless it gets reset, who do you think would want to start on a server where 98% of the population has played years on chaos/freedom? and like 3/4 of the population is alts too

Edited by Che

Not sure if pvp was so lively before Epic. I played on Wild right before Epic opened and I would often log in to a 4096x4096 size server that had 6 people online during some times of the day.

I don't really think any of this epic related code has much to do with Chaos and its pvp

The OP doesn't really make sense. Epic is already a separate cluster, not part of the Freedom/Chaos cluster. I know what you are getting at, it is a bit annoying to see messages that are part of the Epic cluster on Freedom or Chaos. But Rolf has already said he can't do anything about that without starting to run 2 separate games with different base code, and he does not want to do that, so your request is doomed from the start.

And how does a CM get to make complaints? I know you work for free, but where I live if I made complaints about how the business I worked for ran things, even if I was a volunteer for a non-profit, I'd be looking for a new job.

No one asked for the Epic stuff on Chaos. You are unlikely to find a single thread in any of the "FIX WILD !!!!!1111" topic posts of anyone asking for anything other than raiding coming back. Personally, I don't really care. Chaos gets to the point where I don't like what is going with Epic stuff here, I'll leave.

That being said, we are all on Chaos (Wild) for a different play experience versus Epic. I had assumed that Chaos was to be a more stripped down experience, void of what some of us old farts call "novelties" like missions, battle camps, etc.. You know, a simple sit down and slog it out pvp and raid server. People just wanted Old Wild back.

The fact there's been no mention at all that this Epic stuff coming here was part and parcel to simply getting raiding back, not a carbon copy of Epic slammed upon us. In that regard I do see the point the OP has made. I have no vested interest in any of this, but I can certainly see where the OP is coming from. I refrained from voting because I am entirely neutral on the matter.

It's like taking your car in to Jiffy Lube for an oil change, going for a coffee and coming back and it's painted bright pink with unicorn murals all over it, sort of a "well, that's nice, but no one mentioned nor asked for this" type of moment.

A CM or any other staff can express his opinions like any other player. Volunteering ones time to help the playerbase as a staff member does not void you of the right

to express your opinions. A CM is a paying player just like anyone else.

• Like 2

This is my opinion, karma is also present on other freedom servers, exception for completing missions.

When you complete a mission, you are rewarded with Karma and i think is a good thing to save some money especially in PvP.

I don't know the use of outpost, but if it is something to do with religion domains or something related at scenario, at this point must be removed.

Attention, Rolf could have implemented all these things to revolutionize the PvP in general and can be seen as news of game beyond of Epic code.

I was going to comment but maybe I am not allowed to have an opinion about a game I enjoy and play regularly

I understand where the OP is coming from and we certainly didn't ask for any of these things added to chaos. But that said, does it really matter? Are these things harming our pvp experience of lessening it? Are these things making the game less fun or the server less active? No they are not. So why not just leave them be if Rolf has taken it upon himself to make a few extra additions to Chaos.

I said many times over the last year while Chaos was void of pvp and raiding that i always felt like 90% of the code Rolf put together for Epic would have worked absolutely fine on Chaos so the only reason for the new cluster was to give people a new playground for their fresh zero skilled accounts. It seems like he has begun to agree with that sentiment and i personally don't see a problem with that. As i said, it's not harming our game experience from what I see. it's just another thing on the server.

I do, however, wish we could either be rid of the damned event messages about nogumps or whatever spawning unless Rolf wants to make those creatures actually spawn there lol. But once again it's hardly harming peoples game experience, just a mild annoyance in event every now and then which gives false info to players.

• Like 1

All servers use the same software. It is not easy to remove "some chunk of code" from one server, it doesn't work like that. Rolf would have to build special versions of the code for different servers or put in conditions for when to run some code, but that is prone to errors (although done in some parts already). By using one code base he keeps things simple, if a piece of code is changed somewhere he knows every server will be affected the same way and thus only one test server is needed. If he starts using conditional coding for different servers or difrerent code bases he will need to have test servers for all combinations of server rules.

Erm.. I would agree that Chaos seems to be becoming a "Elevation with nerfed skill gain".. i mean, if you want all this stuff, COME PLAY ON EPIC.

( The OP is HIGHLY overreacting about the Epic terraforming though. )

Erm.. I would agree that Chaos seems to be becoming a "Elevation with nerfed skill gain".. i mean, if you want all this stuff, COME PLAY ON EPIC.

they dont want to becuase they think they would have to spend years of skilling up once again

Edited by Che

they dont want to becuase they think they would have to spend years of skilling up once again

Would take half the time to :P But whatever.

PvP was fine before Epic came, it only dropped after Epic was released.

The only thing wroth any merit in your post is that. And only because it proves that Epic is superior! Go join epic!

-1 some people actually like those things.

Coming from someone who doesn't even play on a PvP server.

It would be nice if you could give more of a description. It's obvious from the poll that some people actually like it.

The only thing wroth any merit in your post is that. And only because it proves that Epic is superior! Go join epic!

I didn't mention that Epic also dropped a few months after and the population evened out to what it is now. Just like Chaos would've done if PvP hadn't been removed in the first place.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you're talking about terraforming there really is not problem, there'd be more complaints years ago if it was a huge problem. If you're talking about the terraforming events, I really would hate to see those placed on Chaos. I've only heard and read about them, they really don't sound exciting.

I'm sure there is a way to seperate the code from each server. How else does he keep Freedom non-pvp(with exceptions) and Chaos pvp? He also has skill gain seperated between Epic and Freedom clusters. How would it be impossible to remove/change a bit of code to remove these things?

ya know what its not worth my time!

maybe if you get enough people to sign up for helpers you can change the world!! :D

Edited by Protunia

Coming from someone who doesn't even play on a PvP server.

It would be nice if you could give more of a description. It's obvious from the poll that some people actually like it.

I didn't mention that Epic also dropped a few months after and the population evened out to what it is now. Just like Chaos would've done if PvP hadn't been removed in the first place.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you're talking about terraforming there really is not problem, there'd be more complaints years ago if it was a huge problem. If you're talking about the terraforming events, I really would hate to see those placed on Chaos. I've only heard and read about them, they really don't sound exciting.

I'm sure there is a way to seperate the code from each server. How else does he keep Freedom non-pvp(with exceptions) and Chaos pvp? He also has skill gain seperated between Epic and Freedom clusters. How would it be impossible to remove/change a bit of code to remove these things?

Except it wouldn't have cause Chaos is ######. Epic is the correct way to do pvp in this game. If you disagree then you are one of the few chaos members with an amazing character that took you years to build, that no one will EVER be able to compete with. Congratulations, but that doesn't mean i'm going to give you any newbies to kill, if you want to kill people you better explore some new ground bro. I hear epic is good, although the ground seems to change often these days.

You are very well able to link to servers together with totally different server files, Have them share the database as in character info, inventory, and so forth. Just because you have the game running on different set of server files doesnt mean you cant still have the epic portals working so you can get to and from them. I have seen many many privite server games do just that without any funding to the staff that makes the server folders useable. But were as rolf has a form of income. Doesnt that seem a little odd..... unpaid staff can do it... why cant a "paid" one do it? They only had 5-20people working on the files as well.

Small staff and lack of funds doesnt cut it any more.

Edited by Ronnie

Except it wouldn't have cause Chaos is ######. Epic is the correct way to do pvp in this game. If you disagree then you are one of the few chaos members with an amazing character that took you years to build, that no one will EVER be able to compete with. Congratulations, but that doesn't mean i'm going to give you any newbies to kill, if you want to kill people you better explore some new ground bro. I hear epic is good, although the ground seems to change often these days.

You're going way off topic here turning it into an "Epic is better than Chaos" argument. I understand Epic is good, but some of us like the slow skillgain. Also just because I live on Chaos does not mean I go out and hunt down noobs because I'm bored. 90% of my time is spent staying inside, in fact I've near avoided PvP since I stopped doing the HotA. It's not about killing people, it's mainly about hanging out with people I've played with for years since I started up on Wild. If you can't post anything contributing to the suggested idea then please don't post, it does nothing but clutter the thread.

• Like 6

+1

Battlecamps and missions should be completely removed from chaos. Missions are supposed to be on epic where they affect what will happen next. Here however they are only done for karma which is ridicoulus.

. If you disagree then you are one of the few chaos members with an amazing character that took you years to build, that no one will EVER be able to compete with.

Ah yes i was waiting for a stupid comment like that

Edited by atazs

I understand where the OP is coming from and we certainly didn't ask for any of these things added to chaos. But that said, does it really matter? Are these things harming our pvp experience of lessening it? Are these things making the game less fun or the server less active? No they are not. So why not just leave them be if Rolf has taken it upon himself to make a few extra additions to Chaos.

That's what you don't know yet.. for all you know you might get struck by a random mountain or you deed might get split in half by a meteor crater.. I can't speak for anyone but myself but that is the reason I don't play on Epic, becuase I don't like that sort of stuff. Were something like that to happen to my deed on chaos then yes, it would absolutely lessen my pvp experience. And knowing Rolf, if one part of the Epic code is on chaos, the other parts are probably too...

Someone will Always whine about something..

Yes, it might not been intended to have all those things on chaos, but we Do.

Feels like some ppl are just to used to "old ways" and doesnt want to accept anything new.

(Reminds me of my granny when she was "forced" to learn to use cellphone)

Oh Noeee, we got something New and Fun to do on chaos, its distracting us from, erm, what, sitting on deeds most of the time and grinding..?

Missions and karma makes our gaming richer and more "colorful". Removing it would make my gaming just Wayyy more boring.

New mission pops up, hey, i can actually try to do it, i run out to attempt completing it.

It gives us more possibilities/targets in game, i cant see whats bad about it.

Edited by DonAngelo
  • Like 1

So you think a compliment is stupid?...

@atazs

Edited by Radni

So you think a compliment is stupid?...

@atazs

It's ok, he thinks that his god powers aren't really there. But don't worry, give it 2 years, and maybe we can be on his level! no curve = fail.

-1 (incase that wasn't clear)

+1 if chaos becomes part of epic cluster though.

I like these new features. All because we didnt ask for them doesnt mean rolf shouldnt do what he likes with his servers. New features, like battle camps for example, are fun things we can fight over (thats actually the purpose!). If you dont like them, dont use or interact with them, simple as that.

-1 from me, voted no.