Sign in to follow this  
yarnevk

Dog Commander

Stop running around get back here you now love getting brushed! Stay. Sit. Good doggy, here is some raw wild cat steak. [Dog rolls over] Oh did I forget to rub your belly....there ya go.

Now that is a good tame 'old fat dog'....wish I could remember your name though I always mix you up with the 'old fat dog' over there....you already got brushed silly dog.

Edited by yarnevk

Carefully looking at the freejazz interpretative dance that you have just made, I would say... you are proposing that dogs have names like horses ?

• Like 2

A dog commander should be able to name a tamed dog, as well as teach it basic commands that any tamed dog would know (but only for the tamer, not anyone else) Of course they do not lose their name if become untamed, but they might not do the tricks.

I am fine with random name combos in general as is done with horse breeding already, but a tamed dog would be nice to rename it.

Edited by yarnevk

Only problem is the reason names are generated randomly for horses. If you give players a chance to name animals themselves, there would be a lot of inappropriate names, some would be downright vulgar. Only takes a few idiots to spoil a nice idea like this one.

• Like 1

Sometimes people write I don't the ideas understand when posted.

Only problem is the reason names are generated randomly for horses. If you give players a chance to name animals themselves, there would be a lot of inappropriate names, some would be downright vulgar. Only takes a few idiots to spoil a nice idea like this one.

To be fair I doubt it would be a problem, since signs and such aren't already.

To be fair I doubt it would be a problem, since signs and such aren't already.

That's only becaue vulgar signs are removed as soon as reported to the GMs.

That's only becaue vulgar signs are removed as soon as reported to the GMs.

It's not just signs but houses, lots of different items, ships, carts, villages, village mottos, traders, and merchants can all be named/edited. If the GMs can handle all that on a report why not nameable animals as well :P?

It's not just signs but houses, lots of different items, ships, carts, villages, village mottos, traders, and merchants can all be named/edited. If the GMs can handle all that on a report why not nameable animals as well :P?

Because the dog would run away?

Why add to their workload is a better question.

Why add to their workload is a better question.

So why not reduce it by disallowing the naming of other things that could be abused?

• Like 1

And these don't have a server based limit on the numbers of them present? People would start looking for stuff to be offended by just to get pets/breeding stock depopulated lol.

But honestly, I have a larger issue with the idea of a new "class", would rather see the ability tied to AH skill at a set level.

So to keep it less owrk just do the random FidoRex type names and leave it same as horses, people survived without being able to rename horses.

But I still want FidoRex to do tricks if I tame him, so I can tell him to stop running around when I am trying to feed/brush him. And that is taming skill which is not a new 'class' (maybe a new title if not already), AH is for breeding, I want to tame them and do tricks.

Edited by yarnevk

So to keep it less owrk just do the random FidoRex type names and leave it same as horses, people survived without being able to rename horses.

But I still want FidoRex to do tricks if I tame him, so I can tell him to stop running around when I am trying to feed/brush him. And that is taming skill which is not a new 'class' (maybe a new title if not already), AH is for breeding, I want to tame them and do tricks.

My dog used to do an amazing trick, it was called meat shield, he was a good dog

Sadly the spider thought so too

In all honesty a random name generator would be nice XD but i dont see it doing tricks, just meat shields for noobs

I would never let them out of their pen of course, dunno why they programmed them to fight when they are useless for that. I would be happy with at least just the stay put command as it is no fun chasing them all over the pen, well I am sure the dog thinks it is fun.

i'd just add a thing. tame dogs kept inside houses should bark when someone apart from their owner enters the house. along with the visual effect already implemented.

i'd just add a thing. tame dogs kept inside houses should bark when someone apart from their owner enters the house. along with the visual effect already implemented.

I already asked for barking, and oinking, and mooing, but before new sound effects are implemented they need to fix the local tools banging all over local as sound propagation is way to loud, and emotes seem directionless (because they get applied to the one being emoted at not the one emoting?

I already asked for barking, and oinking, and mooing, but before new sound effects are implemented they need to fix the local tools banging all over local as sound propagation is way to loud, and emotes seem directionless (because they get applied to the one being emoted at not the one emoting?

When the new cattle models were first introduced on unstable they did moo, and it got annoying very fast if you had more than 3 or 4 cattle. The problem is making 1 animal sound off occasionally is ok, but when they all start doing it it becomes too much to listen to all the time. Just stating that I'd like to see an option to turn off animal sounds if they are introduced again, and make it an option separate from the other sounds.