Sign in to follow this  
Acaos

New Community Map Project (30/10/13)

Updates will be shown in the title.

Permenant links:

High Resolution

Low Resolution

so, what am i after?

deed locations obviously, and if you have them, Public mailbox, trader, merchant etc.

locations of rare fish spots (lurker of the deep pendulum)

public highways (must be 2 tiles wide or with sand either side, get to work pavers!)

public canals (please note if large ships can get through or not)

Mine Tunnels

locations of:

Goblin Leader

Kyclopse

Black Dragon

please post information for the map here, do not PM it, thanks in advance.

ideas are also welcome for the project, it is for the community after all =)

Edited by Acaos
  • Like 8

y-7 by x9 bottom left corner

Log of OTG

Mailbox

10x10

Edited by Loggy

Eastern Gateway Harbor

Y28 X24 most of the whole coordinate square

31x47 (1457 tiles total)

Do you plan on transferring over deeds from the old map, or only those who post their deeds here? Thanks for taking up the project, btw. I'd thought about it, but wouldn't know where to begin. Glad someone's going to keep it going. :)

Port SMC

Coords: X7-Y25/Y26

Has Lighthouse, Guard Tower & Mailbox

Blacksmith, Weaponsmith

Shady Shores

Coords: X9-Y25/Y26

Crops Merchant, Horse Breeder

Soon to be home of sermon site for all 3 preists

Shady Lane

Coords: X10-Y25

Black Lake Village

Coords: X7-Y12

Neosophy

Coords: X15-Y32

Tantte's Peak

Coords: X7-Y30

public highways (must be 2 tiles wide with sand either side, get to work pavers!)

Highways don't need sand on both sides if it's already paved two tiles wide. The sand portion is only for one tile wide roads.

Here's the quote from the rules:

Highways are defined as being at least 2 paved tiles wide road with or without barriers, or a single paved tile road with sand barriers.

Just saying this because I think the sand-lined highways look like crap. :P

Thank you for your initiative and the attempt to create another community map. However, shouldn't we try to focus on one map only? (I experienced this on Celebration, where we wound up having about 4 different maps, nobody knowing which one was the most recent or the most complete one.)

There already is this excellent interactive Pristine map: http://maps.wurmr.com/pristine

Shouldn't we all focus on improving that one instead of creating yet another Pristine map? Don't get me wrong, Acaos - I really appreciate your commitment for the community. Maybe you could help with the interactive map I mentioned.

• Like 1

black lake village has tar and x6-y13 has tar and x7-y13 has peat

X7-y11 has deed called wustenrand

Do you plan on transferring over deeds from the old map, or only those who post their deeds here? Thanks for taking up the project, btw. I'd thought about it, but wouldn't know where to begin. Glad someone's going to keep it going. :)

no, i wont be transfering old deeds over, as many deeds have come and gone

Highways don't need sand on both sides if it's already paved two tiles wide. The sand portion is only for one tile wide roads.

yes, i missed out the "or", was midnight at the time of the post hehe

OK. Re-posting the South Pristine Confederation map I had in the old thread:

/>http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fa8y10&s=6

Miss Gnomer has clay pit raised out of water, Gnome Place has a public tar pit at the end of our dock.

Sizes:

Miss Gnomer (y8 x21) is still 11x11 but will get expanded once abandoned structures decay.

Gnome in Law (ym x20) is 11 x 21? (I forget exact number)

Gnome Place (y8 x20)is 31 x 43

As Yaga mentioned and you are aware, DM already has created a Pristine map with many deed locations upon it that players have taken the time to post in that map thread. I would think a better approach would be for you to contact DM and request that you could use his existing map, upload it to your website and continue on updating it with new player responses. Your approach to starting this new Pristine map is erasing all the previous information submitted by other players and I think that they would not be too eager to have to go through this process again which is really unnecessary if you just confir with DM and expand upon his existing map as I have suggested. I know that the Independence map has been handed down from player to player in this manner and it seems to have worked out to the benifit of all with less work involved as well.

Somehow I doubt that you will heed Yaga's and my advice, however there it is for you to consider and do as you wish.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 1

the main reason i think it is better to start over now, is that the "2 month honeymoon" period is over, people from other clusters have a good idea now if they wish to stay or not, as i have said alot of disbands have happened.

it is also a personal prefference i guess to use this map over DM's map.

I see at least 1 disband a day it seems like. Also see almost 1 new settlement a day

Edited by Roan

This is a great looking map, but I would like to know if its possible to get a new map dump? I can tell this one is at least a month old due to a dock which was outlined over a month ago that I've built that juts out into the bay near my deed and its not on the map at all. The dock provides a nice reference point.

Also, I would like to see Hell's Gate posted on this map at X: 28, Y: 14

Thanks!

Hello Shinobi Village checking in.

Deed is a 25x25 Walled City with one guard "51x51 Tiles"

Public mailbox on westside entrance

location is Y27 X23 lower righthand corner of box.

the tar is on the east side of my deed

thanks

Hells Gate is located at y14 x28

Deed size is 23x89 + perimeter to make it 33x99

it will be a walled city and creating a mailbox soon, currently have 2 guards

Hells gate resource company is part of this deeded area at another 10x10 area+ perimeter. has 1 guard

at base on hells gate is clay access and there is tar in the ocean area. will soon be opening mines for public access, iron, and tin mostly...the cove just below hells gate is called crocodile cove.

Edited by eldarian

Thank you for your initiative and the attempt to create another community map. However, shouldn't we try to focus on one map only? (I experienced this on Celebration, where we wound up having about 4 different maps, nobody knowing which one was the most recent or the most complete one.)

There already is this excellent interactive Pristine map: http://maps.wurmr.com/pristine

Shouldn't we all focus on improving that one instead of creating yet another Pristine map? Don't get me wrong, Acaos - I really appreciate your commitment for the community. Maybe you could help with the interactive map I mentioned.

the only problemwith this map is that most of the deeds are in the wrong location

Edited by Deth666

the only problemwith this map is that most of the deeds are in the wrong location

Yeah - that's why I wrote "focus on improving that map..." ;)

Your map was oudated from the beginning, and nothing in my area has changed at all: it's still outdated. I prefer Acaos' map.

Also, probably should keep discussion of your map to your map thread so as to respect Acaos' thread.

Edited by Arson

Your map was oudated from the beginning, and nothing in my area has changed at all: it's still outdated. I prefer Acaos' map.

Also, probably should keep discussion of your map to your map thread so as to respect Acaos' thread.

The interactive map, and the thread about it, are Jonneh's, not Yaga's. Yaga was merely pointing out that it was there and could be improved rather than dividing resources toward another new map.

You are funny, Arson! What made you think that I have anything to do with the interactive map? I just mentioned it here to avoid ending up with a variety of server maps as we currently have on Celebration. And: this thread is exactly the right place to post my opinion about that fact! Don't tell me where to post!