Sign in to follow this  
Daray

Daray's Keyboard Guide

So I just started the game and learning all this stuff and have to ask, why is an important keybind to call for guard help such an annoyance with Ctrl Shift F1?

Well to be honest I didn't want to accidentially hit it, and I seldomly use guards anymore. If your fs is low you might want to bind it to something easier to hit...

In my experimenting with keybindings:

mouse4 can be used for bindings

also I have setup my mouse scroll wheel button for double click, ie activating items,

So I got the modes to work for key binds, but why is my tool belt not being filled out?

You need to update the ids to match your tools using the settoolbelt command - see the section Modes in the original post.

So I got the modes to work for key binds, but why is my tool belt not being filled out?

There use to be a console command you could use to get the item's vnum ID for the toolbelt assignments; however, Im pretty sure it no longer functions in that manner.

Thus playerdata.txt is the only way currently, and it typically requires a logoff to update afaik.

Some means that is much more convenient would be convenient.

Edited by Klaa

Do we have a place for stickies? This one deserves one!

So I just started the game and learning all this stuff and have to ask, why is an important keybind to call for guard help such an annoyance with Ctrl Shift F1?

I put mine on H for a long time. H for help! I found that I will chat without actually hitting enter first quite often. I never use CTRL-H in chat. 

And to the OP, thank you for this! I have been wondering if it is even possible to have multiple sets. What I find of most interest is the swapping the toolbelt. I do carpentry, masonry, and fix up my tools (kind of haha). Having a belt for each set of jobs will be great!

This is great and very helpful. I only ask because it is an annance to me how do you clear the tool belt slots between 'modes' I am not seeing anything on how to do it. have tried 'settoolbelt 4 5' where 4 is a face tool. and 'settoolbelt "" 5' neither work. Ideas or is this asking to much from the system?

This is great and very helpful. I only ask because it is an annance to me how do you clear the tool belt slots between 'modes' I am not seeing anything on how to do it. have tried 'settoolbelt 4 5' where 4 is a face tool. and 'settoolbelt "" 5' neither work. Ideas or is this asking to much from the system?

I found a way to clear the belts as you load the different profiles.

Below is how i do it by placing a lamp in all the slots in one 'clear.txt' file.

As the file is run from top to bottom and the game will not allow the same item to occupy more than one slot in the tool belt.

Occasionally there is a visual bug that duplicates the lamp in the open spots but a quick toggle out and back again will clear it.

You call the file at the begining before assinging tools so that would be like the following:

Part 1 Toolbelt clear

Named clear.txt

settoolbelt 372931758657282 1
settoolbelt 372931758657282 2
settoolbelt 372931758657282 3
settoolbelt 372931758657282 4
settoolbelt 372931758657282 5
settoolbelt 372931758657282 6
settoolbelt 372931758657282 7
settoolbelt 372931758657282 8
settoolbelt 372931758657282 9
settoolbelt 372931758657282 0

Part 2 Toolbelt assigment

exec ../common/wood.txt

exec clear.txt
settoolbelt 516371083431682 1 // hatchet (steel grind)
settoolbelt 4004888677713154 2 // hatchet (grind)
settoolbelt 1786257722050050 3 // hatchet (high QL)
settoolbelt 100973691277058 4 // sickle

settoolbelt 446063894859522 0 //cotton

You will need to swap the item ids for your mats and working directories. 

Since this guide was made, we have new features that let us save and load toolbelt presets as well as skilltracker presets. Just recommending an update that makes use of these features. :) 

how to execute in txt file load_toolbelt3?

I would like to replace direct settoolbelt with item id with preset toolbelt number.

Answare:

Usage: loadtoolbelt <0-9>

Edited by Gamurin

This still works, but is not up to date and may be more work than necessary.

On 6/6/2015 at 9:02 PM, Keenan said:

Since this guide was made, we have new features that let us save and load toolbelt presets as well as skilltracker presets. Just recommending an update that makes use of these features. :) 

Edited by Kelody

Is there a way to bind actions which don't have public command? For example i want to set Pave-Cobblestone action on hotkey.

On 11/23/2016 at 1:28 AM, Fenume said:

Is there a way to bind actions which don't have public command? For example i want to set Pave-Cobblestone action on hotkey.

Not in game. If there isn't a console/chat command to do an action, it can't be bound to a key.

How do you get the Item ID's, I am playing Wurm Unlimited and want to set up these Keybindings. I tried what was mentioned but the file is called playerdata_test.txt and has the relevent information but all the toolslots are -1, 

I noticed in the game that if you click to a new toolbelt number the items in the slots are reset to empty. Is there a different way to get the id's?

Does anyone know if this still work.  I set it up just like the guide says and when I push the buttons nothing happens.  But when i press f1 and type exec base.txt says keybinds saved   ANy help would be great!

It should still work - it is how I handle the different sets of keybinds that I use.

How do one load a specific skill tracker? i tried loadskilltracker "Mining" and loadskilltracker 3 but none of those worked

On 6/7/2015 at 3:02 AM, Keenan said:

i considered making an updated version but the problem is this

On 9/13/2020 at 1:08 PM, Yuchdan said:

How do one load a specific skill tracker? i tried loadskilltracker "Mining" and loadskilltracker 3 but none of those worked

since there is no console command to load a toolbelt or a skilltrackers(only keybinds), those would still need 1 extra key press each after a "mode change" to load.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:29 PM, Tpikol said:

since there is no console command to load a toolbelt or a skilltrackers(only keybinds), those would still need 1 extra key press each after a "mode change" to load.

Command for loading a toolbelt was added. A quick test show that the `loadtoolbelt` command works.

From wurmpedia console page

loadtoolbelt <0-9>

Loads the toolbelt of the specified number.

BUT, the skill tracker only has keybinds, mentioned on the skill tracker page.

On 6/7/2015 at 2:02 AM, Keenan said:

If a command, and not just a keybind, was added to switch between skilltracker presets it would be very nice to know what it is. As it is not obvious.

• Like 1