Sign in to follow this  
Jondok

Rivers, Mountain Lakes, Waterfalls ...

(Sorry if it's been already suggested...)

A very great addition to Wurm would be skill dec... err no sorry :) ... moving waters !

Indeed, there is no rivers or waterfalls in Wurm.

This would be a very great feature, adding more possibilities (moving through rivers, bridges, terraforming for agriculture : think about rice fields !, drinkable water and sea salty water...).

The mechanism could be something like this : when it rains or snow, all the tiles get 1 "dirt height equivalent" of water. If this is dirt, the water go 1 level lower until it reach rock. If this is rock, it moves to the next lowest tile. If all the next tile are higher, it stops. => lakes, water tables, underground rivers, mine flooding !!! :). Just a proposal.

It's probably because of how water currently works.

it's just a flat layer.

I'd love it but I imagine the network requirements for any kind of dynamic fluids would be quite steep and impractical. The best we'll likely be able to get are some kind of statically placed water sources that can be manipulated.

• Like 1

Would take a lot since the water is all one level

But I think I'm just fine without moving water and such :/

rolf mentioned he is working on that stuff^^ and since we got water particles for fountains, maybe we'll get something similar, but I would guess the main water plane will remain ^^ maybe he will invent something like "river-tiles" or "lake-tiles"

He could leave the waterline where it is but add an additional water layer, that could sit just above rock, and be raiseable and lowerable. If you look at a tile column you would see the following (example)

• Rock from 0-300 (waterline 100)
  • Water from 301-310
  • Dirt from 301-320

Thus the tile would be:

Rock but below water from 0-100 slope

Dry rock from 101-300

Wet dirt (aquifer) from 301-310 ~ if you were to dig into this you would have exposed water

Dry dirt from 311 to the surface at 320 slope

Of course, that is a very simplified example of a water layer. You would also need a flow mechanic to move water to the lowest point, which already kind of exists with the dirt flowing mechanics.