Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Close - Thread Was Incorrectly Moved To Suggestions.

This is not a suggestion, though it might turn into one.

I saw the recent skilldump of Gomeo. With the skills I saw on that character, I don't see why Chaos can't merge with the rest of the epic cluster, north of elevation, provided that the Epic and Chaos folks aren't afraid of each other.

All border crossings to the Freedom cluster would need to go away, though allowing a mechanism like the /transfer function to allow a toon from Chaos to transfer fully back to Freedom, one time, would be a good idea. It might also be a good idea to allow such a transfer from Freedom to Wild, once, as well - in order to allow people the option of moving their mostly-dormant ex-pvp accounts to Epic.

Players would then be able to transfer back and forth from Freedom to Chaos if they wish, since it would be part of the Epic cluster.

There would be a couple major issues.

1) There are players who exist with the same name on the Chaos server and the Epic server. This could be handled by splitting the account into two named characters, allowing the owner of the account to choose which will retain the name, and which will change. The split names will then thereafter be separate accounts. Or they could use the /transfer feature and send one character to Freedom, resetting it's epic portal configuration, but keeping the name.

2) Artifacts and broken items from antiquity (saucepan fountains, etc), as well as useful gifts of yesteryear.

I imagine this will probably generate a whole bunch of loud noises, but I'm just curious as to how the pvp community on both sides would feel about merging now that the Chaos crowd wouldn't simply steamroll the Epic fighters. It would also finally end all the strange contorted ideas that Rolf has been trying to do to Chaos, and slot it into a larger PVP community.

OK, I'm ready!

image450.jpg

Edited by Farmerbob
  • Like 2

Uh.

Skillgain difference?

Not even an attempt to mention this?

No thanks, -1.

• Like 2

The epic skill curve would require chaos be disconnected from freedom in order to link to epic.

that and there are some people who dont hate pvp but dont mind crossing the ocean to pvp from time to time

I mean i would hate to be in a full pvp game but i can easily sail west to pvp whenever i please, and still have the ability to sail back when i get bored or tired of getting my face ground onto the floor

that and there are some people who dont hate pvp but dont mind crossing the ocean to pvp from time to time

I mean i would hate to be in a full pvp game but i can easily sail west to pvp whenever i please, and still have the ability to sail back when i get bored or tired of getting my face ground onto the floor

The Pvp light set up on the Homeservers is popular for some for the same reasons

Why i hate that choas got pvp again so they can run back to safety once they are done pvping lame.

Why i hate that choas got pvp again so they can run back to safety once they are done pvping lame.

By they he means new players in noob gear.

By pvp he means only having to fight people who can never win

• Like 2

I like that idea tbh, it would really help with population on Epic, 99% of the new players I have met chose Freedom because they heard you can pvp and live in peace, and 100% of the new players I met on Mol Rehan joined the kingdom because they liked the name and/or flag

I like that idea tbh, it would really help with population on Epic, 99% of the new players I have met chose Freedom because they heard you can pvp and live in peace, and 100% of the new players I met on Mol Rehan joined the kingdom because they liked the name and/or flag

The population of Serenity alone is on the 150 range on average these days. Add in the other 3 servers and chaos is small potatoes.

chaos.. epic... same sentence... utter fail. Leave chaos out of anything epic related please.

I know the OP is just trolling but I'll give my reasons for playing on epic instead of freedom.

I started playing about 1 year before epic was released, my options were Indi or Wild. I chose Indi so that I could get my feet on the ground and learn the basics of the game(carebear excuse, I could have done that on wild too)

While on indi I learned the game, learned that people had beastly accounts that would take an extremely long time to even stand up against. I heard that dragons had been penned up on both Indi and Wild and that drake and scale sets had been farmed.

I read about farwalker amulets which I truly could not see myself pvping against.

I learned about trader items that you can buy that can teleport you across the server or can cause you to not drop anything when you die. I don't make much silver in this game and I couldn't see myself buying things like that

With it all added up, Wild was just something I didn't want to participate in.

When Epic was released, virtually all of those issues were solved. I gave it a shot and lucked out joining up with some very good fighters that were able to teach me what I hadn't learned from freedom.

Sorry ..what planet are you from again...they are two very differnet games its not simply one is pvp and one is not. Further more most of us on Freedom choose it because we didnt want to be around PvPer and griefers that typicaly come with it. Sorry The two servers are to totaly different games as far as I am consitered in two differnet universes and if the two sould ever meet it shall surely be the end of them both. Good day.

I know the OP is just trolling but I'll give my reasons for playing on epic instead of freedom.

I started playing about 1 year before epic was released, my options were Indi or Wild. I chose Indi so that I could get my feet on the ground and learn the basics of the game(carebear excuse, I could have done that on wild too)

While on indi I learned the game, learned that people had beastly accounts that would take an extremely long time to even stand up against. I heard that dragons had been penned up on both Indi and Wild and that drake and scale sets had been farmed.

I read about farwalker amulets which I truly could not see myself pvping against.

I learned about trader items that you can buy that can teleport you across the server or can cause you to not drop anything when you die. I don't make much silver in this game and I couldn't see myself buying things like that

With it all added up, Wild was just something I didn't want to participate in.

When Epic was released, virtually all of those issues were solved. I gave it a shot and lucked out joining up with some very good fighters that were able to teach me what I hadn't learned from freedom.

The OP is not trolling. Nor am I making this as a suggestion. I'm just wondering what people's position on it would be. Ever since Home Server raiding was enabled, PVP on Wild/Chaos has been the red-headed stepchild of the servers.

I'm not sure that the effort of trying to re-invent Chaos is worth it when there's a far superior PVP environment available that Chaos could be attached to, now that the characters on Epic are developed to a power level that the old Wild accounts won't dominate.

It LOOKS like Rolf is headed back towards the exact same scenario which led to home server raiding and killed JKH and MRH, which is why I'm thinking this might be attractive to people.

There is no 'time' to connect the two clusters. Chaos changes has given most of the playerbase access to full PVP on their hard earned accounts. Don't you be taking that away for them.

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind it being connected if they couldnt bring any items. There are a LOT of broken items on chaos.

The OP is not trolling. Nor am I making this as a suggestion. I'm just wondering what people's position on it would be. Ever since Home Server raiding was enabled, PVP on Wild/Chaos has been the red-headed stepchild of the servers.

You seem to be trying to make a serious post, so ill give you an serious awsner.

There are alot of reasons why a freedom server cannot be connected to the epic cluster here are a few:

The skill and atribute gain.

The farwalker amulets.

The Bok's

The number of drake armors.

The items who exists on freedom, that can no longer be created.

I'm not sure that the effort of trying to re-invent Chaos is worth it when there's a far superior PVP environment available that Chaos could be attached to, now that the characters on Epic are developed to a power level that the old Wild accounts won't dominate.

Are you suggesting that the amount of time put into a an old freedom account should be set equal to an account that, in comparison, has much less time invested in it?

It LOOKS like Rolf is headed back towards the exact same scenario which led to home server raiding and killed JKH and MRH, which is why I'm thinking this might be attractive to people.

I would be very carefull with saying that. what I read from your posts are: Rolf has opned free travel between chaos and the rest of the freedom cluster, it was like that before freedom was created so Rolf is bound to make the same mistake twise, the same mistake that created the biggest uproar in wurms history and go against all the promises he has made about non-pvp on the freedom servers. I think you should bring quite alot of rock solid facts about that before you say it looks like that. In my optic you are pointing at a house and saying it looks like an airplaine.

I cant read your mind, only your letters, but it does seem to me that this is just an atempt to get the chaos server out of the freedom cluster.

I may be wrong and you are really just trying to help out the people on chaos with whats best for them, but believe me, there are plenty of adult people playing on chaos who are perfectly capable of speaking out for them selfs, so while its very kind of you, its not really needed.

Edited by Mith
  • Like 1

There is reason we are not on epic and dont want to do anything with it. Also skill gain? curve? do you know about them?