Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Livestock Shipping

Maybe its about time to add a ship that can move livestock. Im not saying make every ship able to. Just make a new ship that has the cargo space of a small cart but can move 4 or 6 animals at one time. And is a little more then half the building needs of a corbita.

So something like:

Mind logic needed to sail 22

15 dirt deep

max crew captian + 4

speed with gale 23

35 ship building for it to show up on your build list

And there could be a few bigger ships for the same needs but with a larger animal hold. So the next ship up could hold 10 animals next one up could hold 16 and the last one could hold 24.

Im not to much for animals being able to change servers. But Im sure this will solve the need for a lot of land bridges to get non swimming animals to other land masses.

This is just a quick thrown together idea on what the ships use to be built and sailed. Feel free to add feedback :)

How would getting the animals onto such ships work?

Just lead them with a rope and right click the ship "Hitch" And have set places on the deck of the ship for them to be hitched to like they do on large carts.

Why not just use already used ships?

Because almost everyone already has the old ships and adding some new ones would add more to the market along with the enjoyment of seeing more then 6 ship modles.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

if the animal count was max 4 at a time, that wouldnt be such a big harm.

good idea +0.5

more ships +0.5

For this we need a global animal cap. +1

Edited by Sir Arowhun

It would be nice if vehicle slots had a size and you could just stuff livestock on and they'd take up the smallest available slot they'd fit in as well as possibly having some animals cover multiple slots. Let people stuff pigs and such in large carts as well as ships. And limit the leading speed regardless of transportation to the speed of the slowest thing being lead so you don't have players zipping around at 30+km/h with cows behind them. It's also make speed traits on other bred animals a bit more meaningful. This way for moving pigs and such around it'd make more sense to load them up on a cart and would certainly be easier to get around a location with a lot of packed fences and walls.

For this we need a global animal cap. +1

So if one server gets overpopulated the whole cluster has to suffer :P?

+1 to a ship that can take on animals. But don't expect to be able to move animals between servers. Each server has it's own cap on animals and I can see a lot of problems with folks bringing them over from other servers. You have to remember it wouldn't be just a few, after a while a lot of people would do it and that can cause problems. Also,animals are more like npcs than items.

+1 to ships for live stock, just not allow the ships to cross server borders if have animals on board.

if the animal count was max 4 at a time, that wouldnt be such a big harm.

good idea +0.5

more ships +0.5

Well the reason I was thinking maybe a few ships that can hold more animals as well is for use of those that sell live stock as a living or moving to another area to setup shop.

+1 to ships for live stock, just not allow the ships to cross server borders if have animals on board.

I agree but i know theres other that will want them too

I have no issues to seeing a boat be able to haul livestock, I just fail to understand why a new ship with a bazillion more parts is needed, add features using existing features instead of having to wiki Noah's Ark to try and add weight to wanting a new feature ( well, not exactly the first time it's been asked for ).

I have no issues to seeing a boat be able to haul livestock, I just fail to understand why a new ship with a bazillion more parts is needed, add features using existing features instead of having to wiki Noah's Ark to try and add weight to wanting a new feature ( well, not exactly the first time it's been asked for ).

Because revamping the old isnt fun. Adding something new to a game that hasnt had any new ships added over maybe what, 4years? And having more then 6 would give the game a little more to look at when traveling/sailing around.

++++ :) wouldnt see any problem with animals going to other servers - im on independence and really doubt that any animals will be brought to our server but reckons its gonna be a export market for us and we get more animals spawning then ^^

I think it'd be cool to add another ship type that can transport animals. A cog, corbita, or caravel might could accomplish the same but a new boat specifically made for this in mind would be super nifty. I think it would help the breeding industry out, especially with the sale of animals that can't swim.

+1

they could make a barge or ark type ship that moves slower to transport animals.

the thing is what stops them from moving if they are not secure with a rope by leading them??

you may have to have 1 person per 3 led animals.

Edited by Protunia

they could make a barge or ark type ship that moves slower to transport animals.

the thing is what stops them from moving if they are not secure with a rope by leading them??

you may have to have 1 person per 3 led animals.

Could just lead them with a rope and right click the ship "Hitch" And have set places on the deck of the ship?

Could just lead them with a rope and right click the ship "Hitch" And have set places on the deck of the ship?

Actually doesn't sound half bad. I think that would work well using current mechanics.

i still doubt they will cross servers, since they unhitch on restart , im sure they will unhitch on "logoff" and get stuck in limbo

could just be items in the boat - dont have to be visible in my opinion

could just be items in the boat - dont have to be visible in my opinion

-1 they have to stay on the server as animals or i hate the whole idea.

Think I have seen this thread a million times already and once again I'm +1. Although highly unlikely, I'd like the ability to take 1 tamed animal cross server. Hated leaving my fav pet behind when I moved server.

Instead of some ark or corb outfitted to carry animals, why not just make a wooden barge?

Could be made with.. say.. 16 rafts, some kind of side-railing thing, and oars? Or perhaps you would tie this barge off to a Sailboat, and have it pull it along slowly? Or a knarr can pull it, doesn't matter.

Until bred population and non-aggro population caps are by type and source, and import caps are added, then -1 to Noahs ark across the oceans.

Yes to livestock moving by boat across the seas of a server, since the desire for coastlines makes for isle centric maps, this makes it impossible to walk livestock somewhere.

However a much simpler solution to cover that simple move of domestic that cannot swim, is to make the raft actually function as a raft rather than a large cart capacity exploder. This is how a bison should cross a sea, is floating on a raft. A raft could also double as cart movers across seas. By making it a smaller vessel, it eliminates the problem of wholesale movement of herds which on land is limited by ropes and aggros and the infamous DC monster.

So a raft instead of a shiny new ship made especially for transporting livestock? No thanks.

+1 I especially like the level of detail

TBH I can't imagine cross server shipping having enough volumn to affect the animal counts to any relevant degree.