Sign in to follow this  
Biachan

Chess Event?

So I play wurm for awhile now and with all these events anyone thought about human chess event? :) chessboard made from slabs and coblestones. people as pieces. I think it can be fun :D

• Like 1

Hmm, some things would be easy to work out. 2 leaders making the moves. Instead of the auto victories in chess, sparring resolves the moves. The difference in "Piece Power" (rook vs pawn) could either be tiered FSs or gear depending on the numbers/skill available.

pawns <20FS, Knights <40FS but mounted, Bishop <60FS, Rook <70FS, King and Queen the best available. (Adjustable of course)

or

Pawns would have nor armor. Knights of course would be mounted (maybe no armor to make for CR bonus). Bishops in studded leather, Rooks in chain, King and Queen in plate. This would allow for players using their normal weapon skill.

Sparring fighters have to remain within their starting square or the target square or be DQd.

Maybe players have to carry banner or flag with their color and plant it so as to more easily show who is who.

Fraps the whole thing, would make a nice video if sped up.

• Like 1

Hmm, some things would be easy to work out. 2 leaders making the moves. Instead of the auto victories in chess, sparring resolves the moves. The difference in "Piece Power" (rook vs pawn) could either be tiered FSs or gear depending on the numbers/skill available.

pawns <20FS, Knights <40FS but mounted, Bishop <60FS, Rook <70FS, King and Queen the best available. (Adjustable of course)

or

Pawns would have nor armor. Knights of course would be mounted (maybe no armor to make for CR bonus). Bishops in studded leather, Rooks in chain, King and Queen in plate. This would allow for players using their normal weapon skill.

Sparring fighters have to remain within their starting square or the target square or be DQd.

Maybe players have to carry banner or flag with their color and plant it so as to more easily show who is who.

Fraps the whole thing, would make a nice video if sped up.

Yeah this sounds awesome..

team leader making moves can be on raised hill to see whole chessboard :D

But spar a battles... erm it can be hard to form a team with fs restrictions "ally: heeey lets go play chess it can be a fun!, random people: cant we dont have 70fs+ for queen and king :("

I am not sure if tailor clothing is dyeable (wiki is down), if it is we can just dye the clothes to sepparate teams or like Pollo said banners/flags

Why not simply use statues and push them around a chessboard the above doesn't sound like Chess but rather an over complicated fighting tournament, I say bring on the chess. if I wanted a fight club we got a competition going already.

Edited by TineenAlexi

Why not simply use statues and push them around a chessboard

Ba1-h8, everyone take a 10-minute break while the statue is being pushed :D

• Like 1

and a fight between people with 20fs is going to take how long per move? Is my idea worse? Although perhaps instead of statues something more simplistic, perhaps barrels with different colours.

Edited by TineenAlexi

I think we're over-thinking it. The idea was to have fun. :D

You wanna go play chess with statues? Be my guest. :rolleyes:

Doesn't anyone remember the old EA Game Battle Chess?

The Battles in the Spars don't have to decide the outcome. (Besides with lag, I've observed at least once, that there can be two different outcomes observed depending on who's Event screen you look at) The Spars would be for entertainment. Live-Action Chess!

- Don't restrict positions to a certain FS. Just put the pieces on the board and if you end up as a Bishop, having to fight a pawn and your FS is lower, yes, it shows in the event window that you lost, but if the bishop made the move, everyone knows which piece occupies the space afterwards. Also, you may not lose, just because their FS is higher than yours.

- This is also an opportunity for people to come out and see what their FS can do, but in a fun and entertaining way. :lol:

- The Team captain can use team chat with his players and the players can provide feedback to the captain as to what they think the next move should be and then the captain announces the move in Local once decided. NOTE: I recommend they use the /me command to indicate the move, because there is going to be a lot of chatter going on in local :P

- The winner of the Chess Match determines the winning Team. :)

- As for prizes, since the game may last awhile, you probably won't run a lot of tournies per day, you could have the teams fighting each other decide on a fair value of an object or something and have each team

bring 17 somethings as prize for the winning team. :)

----------------------

Just My two cents. :)

Edited by KageTenshi

I know someone have statues and a chess board but humans chess sounds great although running it will be hectic. It's more of a public show than a public event as I'm sure not everyone can join because the fs restriction.