Sign in to follow this  
Ricowan

Hides, Pelts, Furs And Leather In Bsb

Hi,

Make wolves and bears give pelts as well when butchering. (as pelt really just means any skin with hair)

Then use tanning to turn the pelt into fur (as that is what most people call the treated kind you normally use)

Then use fur as the imping tool and for beds.

2 problems:

1. Acorns, used to make tannin, are quite rare. From all the stuff I gathered during my botanizing sessions it's probably one of the rarest to be found. And this has a reason, because its current use is to make black dye, the most difficult and most sought after dye.
    And this way making it easier to find acorns (maybe harvesting oaks?) isn't really an option - it would make black dye too easy.

2. Furs for bed-making, on the other hand, are mainly used by new players after finishing their house. Burdening them with the search of such a rare resource (acorns) wouldn't be such a good idea - it's hard enough for them to find the fur itself (and make the sheet ...)

I'd suggest another solution:

Just scrap furs. Make only pelts dropping instead (and change the existent ones keeping the weight), all with 0.20 kg, from any longer-haired animal (wolves, bears, cats, lions, rats, dogs), maybe even up to two.

And use two pelts in the bed making process instead. Enchanted pelts wouldn't work without a warning message.

Maybe even allow to "repair/ improve" pelts with tannin? Use a tannin on your pelt, and have a [QL]% probability to either repair 5 points of damage (repairing), or to rise the QL for 1 point (improving)?

Have fun!

Tanning not tannin. It's nonsequitur in Wurm. Sorry for the confusion.

I meant the leather working skill, which uses lye for some unknown reason. But everyone can get some of that easy.

The problem with scrapping fur and using pelt only is that you would again have an item that is both a fast decaying butchering produce and a need to keep tool.

Edited by Keldun

I do not suggest putting sprouts in bsbs...

Maybe its just my experience, but its... not working properly.

I don´t know what is the deal with allow pelts to fit in bsbs, i mean is true, you put one and get 3 back, but is not like pelts where the holy grail.

A better solution will be to make all pelts .20 kg no matter the animal and allow them to fit in bsbs again.