Sign in to follow this  
Ricowan

Hides, Pelts, Furs And Leather In Bsb

Rolf gives us 2 story buildings, customized avatars, awesome new animated animals and such, and ya'll are getting more excited over the fact you can put pelts and leather and such in BSBs :lol:

also, I feel the need to point out that I've been keeping leather in my BSB's for MONTHS now, if not years...

idk if its intended but you put one pelt and get 2 back

So one 90ql pelt will last you twice the time :D

What is happening is that they are all being set to the size of the smallest pelt, the rat pelt. So larger pelts do get divided into multiples.

This is great, would still like:

* Combining (edit: HC Parts)

* Sprouts in bsb\fsb

* Raw Meat in FSB

* Filets in FSB

Also as one who owns several hundred at this point, what about the prospect of putting Gems in BSBs?

If you want low ql for smushing keep a low ql bsb, high ql keep an eye on your averages.. same as anything else..

Either way thanks for this update!

p.s Where's Wossoo on keeping things like that in the patch notes. =-p

Edited by Huserx

Please make pelts not count as butchering item when deciding decay. Having to mule your pelts to keep their ql up or always have them on you to stop decay: 16-18 hrs since I put it in a chest, in a house on a deed, as I have always done with my Tool pelts, 40 dam on ql97 pelt... So, cant store pelts for even a day in a tool chest (orderly!) anymore, must must must have them on a character?(Dont talk about wrapping them, sometimes you leave in a hurry for ingame or out of game reasons .) A pelt is not a butchered item left to lay in the sun to rot, it is a Tool.

tldr

Make pelts not suffer insane decay rates because some of us like to fill our tools chest with Tools when doing things that dont require a pelt in your inventory for a day or three or five between weekends...

Edited by Vimster

snap... time to empty those 7 barrels of animal bits :) Sorry HH I guess I'm saving these :)

Thanks for reminding me that I got an enchanted 97ql pelt in the mail 8 hours ago I didn't took out, because I forgot that accepting mail puts it in the box, not in your inventory. It got 50 dmg now -,-.

Semms that puthing this thing in a bsb was too overpowered or maybe unbalancing pvp, and some where removed, pelts for sure, idk about the rest...

Semms that puthing this thing in a bsb was too overpowered or maybe unbalancing pvp, and some where removed, pelts for sure, idk about the rest...

[21:02:51] The pelt would be destroyed.

It's probably down to the fact people were splitting 100QL 0.60kg pelts into 3x 100ql 0.20kg pelts, another ifx would have been to force the pelts to come out at their higher weight of 0.60kg

It's probably down to the fact people were splitting 100QL 0.60kg pelts into 3x 100ql 0.20kg pelts, another ifx would have been to force the pelts to come out at their higher weight of 0.60kg

or make the pelts come at .20 wen you butcher them no matter the creature.

What is happening is that they are all being set to the size of the smallest pelt, the rat pelt. So larger pelts do get divided into multiples.

Traders seem to use a quadratic formula of pelts/hides/furs per QL. BSB use linear AL average and normalized weight. Put pelts/hides/furs in BSB take them out if you plan to dump them on the trader, pretty sure you will make more money than not runnning them thru the BSB.

(Hey every iron counts in my game!)

Huh, you can put sprouts in now o.o

wurm201302070146.png

Edited by Turnips
  • Like 2

Huh, you can put sprouts in now o.o

wurm201302070146.png

HELL YEAAAAAAHHH!!!

Edited by whykillme

Bulk bins won't accept pelts anymore now. Bug or feature?

Does this mean that pelts have been left as a high decay, un-storable item? I already lost all of mine as I was unaware of the first change :(

They took pelts off?

Hm. Wonder what that means about the pelts I have in there already.

Pelts back to being slow decay because they are a possibly enchanted Tool people got to be able to put away in a chest or such yet?

I suggested this somewhere else before:

Make wolves and bears give pelts as well when butchering. (as pelt really just means any skin with hair)

Then use tanning to turn the pelt into fur (as that is what most people call the treated kind you normally use)

Then use fur as the imping tool and for beds.

Would make a clear distinction between the butchered product and the refined tool, also for bsb and chest storage.

To prevent grief: make sure pelts retain their enchants when tanned into fur.

ohgod no. making wurm more dependent on having multiple materials stocked just to make simple items.