Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

A Number Of New Trees

Fir forest would be the new cool thing, everyone is bored with birch,cedar,pine =p

will make mass production trees more stylish

I love it!

Firstly, the variation in trees will lead to a more attractive game environment, then if as stated each tree will eventually have real functionality within the game it will enrich the game-play.

I cannot wait to see what is going to be done with each.

Well done the artistic and design teams.

Looks fantastic, I'd love to see these trees in the game as well as the integration of their effects.

Omg this is awesome! BTW the fir tree looks like a great basis for this year's new and improved holiday tree *wink wink* :P

My Hubby gonna be so excited. Question will you have some pine trees turn to these new trees as you did with the slate and marble tiles in mines?

Lets not forget this question please.. would hate to see the same outcry with the trees as we did with mines.. there are a lot more trees exposed than ore veins lol.

I see no reason to "substitute" these new trees into existing tree tiles. There are plenty of open spots and areas between them where they could be planted out. Hopefully this will be the case.

=Ayes=

Yea, even when you plant every tile in an area with a tree, some tiles tend to turn back to grass, unless you plant lemon trees.

what I think will happen, the code will be added, none of the trees will replace other trees or magically spawn more than a sprouting. trees will randomly sprout even if there are none of the same kind around. Ex: had a lemon tree spawn in my oak farm.

Not that I don't like the new trees, they're very nice, good work and all (especially on linden), but...

Why work on new trees when there are so many things with makeshift textures in the game?

Hedges types – they all look the same.

Wood type showing on furniture (tables, stools, chairs), not to mention they all need new textures, nice ones, like the beds.

And when adding trees... why nuts? What about plums, pears? Anyone?

Wait.. where are my palm trees at the desert? would make a cool resort >.<

Ah great... the ongoing war against the fruit trees has gained reinforcements. ;)

• Like 1

Awesome, just some more reason to clear cut all the hideous trees in Wurm, and train more woodcutting.

rather than have a mass spawning of trees why not place a bag with 10 sprouts of each tree type in everyone's inventory. That way nobody gets plagued with one tree type or gets there tree farms all in a mix matched shamble. Make the sprouts 100ql of course to help those with lower skills. Just a thought, i dont wanna see another slate/marble fiasco.

• Like 5

Wow, so awesome! I can't wait to see what the finished products of wood from these trees will look like!

I was thinking the fir would stay green adding a little color to the winters with maybe snow on the tops but most of it green. One thing we need more of is shrubs/bushes more on deed decoration things with different colors to them. Also maybe add in some grass bushes too?

http://www.plantandg...RING-SHRUBS.jpg

http://www.devinenur...ampasgrass1.jpg

http://www.southernn...plants/2480.jpg

http://images.finear...anie-lawson.jpg

Those pampas grass bushes could be the new thorn bush. Their leaves are wicked sharp!

Always great to have more trees! They look great, as well. It's made my day seeing these upcoming trees :)

Fir Trees are really nice... the rest is looking like oak or apple for me B)

Noooo waayyyyy!! As a Arboriculturist, Im going (NUTS) right now! great work guys!!! wooohoo

Meh... Why not work on animations, that would be great. Trees i think are not the most important thing. But good work.