Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

A Number Of New Trees

I'd like to see Redwood trees

On the topic of trees, treehouses would be neat.

I like the ideas mentioned of a huge tree, perhaps it kills other trees for 4 or 5 tiles, but the bottom of the crown is high enough to put 1, possibly 2, storied houses under. Would give a very arborial feel. Definately make them VERY slow to grow.

• Like 1

sequoia for sure, recently visited Muir Woods, it was awesome.

BUt then we need tree house support :-|

I would love to see a tree house in wurm. I am not sure if it would be feasible as a custom structure though and would be hard to figure out but man would that be cool.

I would love to see a tree house in wurm. I am not sure if it would be feasible as a custom structure though and would be hard to figure out but man would that be cool.

Try planting a big tree, like an oak, in the middle tile of a kingdom tower and enjoy the view.

Not quite a treehouse, but I've done it before and it did give a slightly arboreal sense of architecture.

Edited by Tristanc

Hedge thread has been archived so I will try asking here (Since it seems semi-tree'ish related).  Are we anywhere near having new models for hedge types?

*crosses fingers for a "yes"*

• Like 1

I have to say that I'm currently madly in love with the Fir tree, and have decided to start some forests of them.

• Like 7

I have to say that I'm currently madly in love with the Fir tree, and have decided to start some forests of them.

*sneaks in with a hatchet and many walnut sprouts*

• Like 1

Fir trees are nice. Would be even nicer if we could decorate them in December.

Fir trees are nice. Would be even nicer if we could decorate them in December.

you build your own xmas tree in dec :) fully decorated

look up in wiki howto

and dont forget to be prem so u get a xmas present too :))

Why not pay for this software to make your trees, is it not compatible or something??

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/plant_factory/

http://www.speedtree.com/

troll alert!!!!

PS : 

price for the first link:Producer - $1,495 maybe not that high, although for wurm that's quite a bit for just a few new tree models,

but the second link is like.. what? that thing made tree's for big name movies, what makes u think wurm needs such high detail with the current game engine? also in the movie they have like all the time they want to render a scene, in wurm it must be live and with high fps, not to mention the difference in numbers.

Edited by viruskiller

you build your own xmas tree in dec :) fully decorated

look up in wiki howto

and dont forget to be prem so u get a xmas present too :))

But I can't decorate my christmas tree irl with gold hanging lamps.

Or tails.

Speedtree is called that exactly because of its speed.

Of course, slowly rendered movies can have way more details than life rendering games, but even then. With Speedtree, a game will get more plant detail into each frame than with any other system I know of.

It costs a couple of thousand bucks though.

These look nice. I especially like the look for the Fir Tree very realistic xD will change some of the crappy graphics I've had to deal with on the craptop while my good pc was down lol. It'll be great to see better graphics again >.> provided my internet stops dcing every 3 mins

troll alert!!!!

PS : 

price for the first link:Producer - $1,495 maybe not that high, although for wurm that's quite a bit for just a few new tree models,

but the second link is like.. what? that thing made tree's for big name movies, what makes u think wurm needs such high detail with the current game engine? also in the movie they have like all the time they want to render a scene, in wurm it must be live and with high fps, not to mention the difference in numbers.

Speedtree has been used in at least one other game I know of, Xsyon.  Only played it in Beta.  Not sure really how good their trees ended up being, but in Beta they were pretty good.

As I've seen something said about hedges here, it raised a question of my own about those. Is there any ideas on hedge decorations? Like those bunny hedges or fancy horse ones? I think those would be excellent editions to say a mansion that was built by players. It's another idea I think would make the game more unique to the players themselves and not so general appearances.