Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

A Number Of New Trees

Seems like a step in a good direction, can't wait to see the pro's & con's of the new tree's once released.

Good Work!

Meh... Why not work on animations, that would be great. Trees i think are not the most important thing. But good work.

Graphics and animations are different people ;)

Graphics and animations are different people ;)

OH. Haha sorry, didn't know that. But thanks for telling me ;)

As long as I can use them as felled tree-chucks, I'm good with the new trees :ph34r:

Looks great folks, well done art team :)

Not that I don't like the new trees, they're very nice, good work and all (especially on linden), but...

Why work on new trees when there are so many things with makeshift textures in the game?

Hedges types – they all look the same.

Wood type showing on furniture (tables, stools, chairs), not to mention they all need new textures, nice ones, like the beds.

And when adding trees... why nuts? What about plums, pears? Anyone?

While I like the idea of the new trees and think that having the 4 seasons represented is awesome, I have to agree that the dev team should be taking some time to work on the existing textures too

awesome!

please give the existing trees a bit of an update too when you implement these :P

The existing trees already got updates in the last half year or so.

Bravo. Good start on flora and please don't stop. Spam more types the same way please, common and rare (rare to sprout, hard to propagate) and some undergrowth types if not a start on good looking wall climbers. The future potential of Wurm's nature and it's uses is something I think about. Imagining a vast array of greenery used to make original spells and potions along the lines of the skyrim system among other thoughts, Wurm deserves more successful systems like it's crafting one. Nature is one place to look at to add simple or complex systems in the future. Adding new greenery doesn't hurt anything and can only help, whether they've got uses and bsb textures or not at present. All in good time but this is one thing I've been hoping to see more of. I'll probably add a list of flora I'd like to see go in soon, these are much appreciated Saroman. GJ

Edited by Silures
  • Like 2

I Love the new trees .....I like Kegan's flowering hedges and ornamental grasses as well, they would add a lot to a landscape.

I also wish ferns were plantable.

• Like 2

Ohnoes! The Lindens have found me! :o

(Secondlife is run by Linden Labs, just to clarify~)

• Like 1

This would be interesting to see implemented without a server reset

This would be interesting to see implemented without a server reset

Maybe putting some sprouts in traders of esert.

If we are going to have nut bearing trees will oaks acorns also be made harvestable?

This question, pretty much.

Yes, please!

Not that I don't like the new trees, they're very nice, good work and all (especially on linden), but...

Why work on new trees when there are so many things with makeshift textures in the game?

Hedges types – they all look the same.

Wood type showing on furniture (tables, stools, chairs), not to mention they all need new textures, nice ones, like the beds.

And when adding trees... why nuts? What about plums, pears? Anyone?

And I agree with this too. :-/

Seems like I'm gonna be converting the entire woods near me into firs, they're pines atm (which look nothing like RL pines) and those firs fit the look I want much better, they're gorgeous!

We need coconut trees, palms trees and banana trees!