Sign in to follow this  
Pinta Dragon

Sound - Headphones Vs. Speakers

I have an issue I can't figure out how to fix. I think I may have done this on purpose in the past and now I can't figure out how to reverse it.

When I plug in my earphones, all sound is directed into them except for Wurm. I have Windows 7, which from what I have searched does not have options to choose the output device for different programs. I have also searched the wurm forums, and google for wurm/audio keywords and not found the answer. Is there a secret setting in Wurm?

My computer is Windows 7, and this happens while running regular wurm client or unstable client.

i guess u're pluging them in the front panel, if so go into your audio card driver settings and disable front panel jack detection(if u have realtek sound card u should click a folder icon in the driver setting page),i've had problem similar to this with other games,and also with wurm.

with that thing enabled all programs ran after pluging the earphones were fine any opened program were not redirected.

I've searched for a while, and I can't find my audio card driver settings, or "front panel jack detection" anywhere. I went through all the windows driver options and don't see anything like that. If I open the device manager, I only have the option to "view driver details." I can't figure out how to get into it's settings :(

Try looking down near the bottum right of windows, should be a speaker icon ( Realtek HD Audio Manager) right click there select (Sound Manager) and play with those settings....

Yeah, in that area there's just an audio icon that says "headphones 37%" when headphones are plugged in, and "speakers 47%" when they're not. I've gone through every menu available left or right clicking that icon, and all the other windows audio settings that I could find, and nothing I could do did anything :( I don't seem to have realtek, also.

ok.....well realtek is standard for win 7, there will be two speaker icons. One may be hidden (click the arrow to show hidden icons) should show up as an orange colored icon. But all of that is moot if you can't see a realtek driver on "Device manager" > "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" Do you have a seperate audio card? other then the one on the mother board? sorry if i'm suggestions are repeating steps you have already taken. If you have no driver what so ever....may want to see if you can find one and download. Also may need to contact motherboard and/or audio card manufacture. Hope you can solve this puzzle, I know how frustrating it is. One last thing and its a stretch, right click the wurm game icon on your desktop, select run as admin. Not sure if that well do anything at all, but in the past it has helped with audio snafus'.