Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Sheep Panic!

Look at this cute sheep!!!

sheep.png

It doesn't have a home yet, it is still a construct in Saromans modeling tools.

Now we need to get this little thing alive and kicking, and that is where you come in. You are hereby invited to suggest

whatever recipies and weird things we should be able to make from this.

The reward will be: Getting your suggestion implemented in the game!

Best regards from your humble servants

Saroman and Zcul

• Like 21

Activate Sheep Shears(Blacksmithing) to shear the sheep to produce wool (wool grows back every real life day-2)

Wool can be used to heal.

Wool is used in Clothing that can be dyed ( Visable in game) (Increases favor regain?? )

Saddle bags (Tailoring skill) (Its like a backpack for horses)

Sleeping bags (Decays in use slowly, Used the same way as a bed)

Dye a Wool Cloak Black, Grim reaper type cloak

____________________other good ideas_______________________________________

Wool, along with a clothing re-vamp... so we can wear wooly jumpers etc that are dyeable. :D

Sheep meat obviously - though I'd recommend that sheep start as lambs but then grow into sheep (in a similar way to how horses go from foal to horse.) Lamb meat could on average be a higher quality, that'd be a cool perk and is something true of real life.

Could make them milkable, but definitely make them leather-producers (real sheep do have hides.) http://www.sheep101.info/products.html

On that note, I demand goat :P

EDIT: While we're here, wearable fur coats that can be made from lambskin (see below) and stuff like bear fur too:

Firstly, make wool harvestable, not a butchering item. Killing a sheep to get it's wool would be silly and a terrible waste.

Secondly, lamb chops. Enough said. (Only when butchered of course)

We can always use some kind of robes for the priests

Sheppard's Crook as a craftable weapon.

^ To lead sheep without ropes?

Cloaks, for the love of Fo!

Edited by impendent
  • Like 6

Wool - New cloth tailoring branch, where it partially overlaps with cotton (wool "armor", satchels, sheets). Ideally wool shouldn't be a butchering product, but rather "harvested" using a tool.

Butchering products: Meat, eye, sheepskin (works like fur, but should ideally have their own crafting purposes related to armor/clothing).

Nice job!

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

well wool for clothing would be good I guess for sure

• Like 1

Well I'd start with new clothing made from wool that could fall under the cloth tailoring skill.

Subset of new wool rugs too.

It's an animal so should be able to get meat when butchered.

• Like 1

shears > sheep - wool

wool > spindle or spinning wheel - wool thread / yarn

needle > yarn - most existing cloth recipes, but finished material is wool rather than cotton.

• Like 3

Firstly, make wool harvestable, not a butchering item. Killing a sheep to get it's wool would be silly and a terrible waste.

Secondly, lamb chops. Enough said. (Only when butchered of course)

• Like 1

Wool harvestable in x # of days similar to crops in time to wait. Wool cloths made from raw wool. Wool robes so our priests can look like proper priests instead of court jesters,

Wool, along with a clothing re-vamp... so we can wear wooly jumpers etc that are dyeable. :D

Sheep meat obviously - though I'd recommend that sheep start as lambs but then grow into sheep (in a similar way to how horses go from foal to horse.) Lamb meat could on average be a higher quality, that'd be a cool perk and is something true of real life.

Could make them milkable, but definitely make them leather-producers (real sheep do have hides.) http://www.sheep101.info/products.html

On that note, I demand goat :P

EDIT: While we're here, wearable fur coats that can be made from lambskin (see below) and stuff like bear fur too:

Persian lambskin

One of the main reasons for keeping Karakul sheep commercially is for the production of Karakul lambskin, the skin of a newborn lamb, 1 to 3 days old. Newly born lambs have tightly-curled, shiny, black fur. Karakul lambskin is also known as Persian lambskin or Astrakhan. It is typically used in full-fur garments, such as coats and skirts, and as trimming, edging, lining, and for accessories.

Karakul lamb fur accounts for almost 12 percent of the world's fur trade, second only to mink. Karakul sheep are raised mostly in Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Namibia, where they are the only animals that can survive the harsh environmental conditions, while providing both a food source and income to local people.

Edited by Docterchese

Wool clothing in general including capes, cloaks and robes. Rugs and Tapestries to adorn our homes. Saddle blankets for horses, woolen sacks to be added as saddle bags or just hold more then satchels.

Edited by Despise
  • Like 1

We can always use some kind of robes for the priests

shears > sheep - wool

wool > spindle or spinning wheel - wool thread / yarn

needle > yarn - most existing cloth recipes, but finished material is wool rather than cotton.

And milk/cheese! Yarn should use knitting needles and the cloth tailoring skill. Perhaps some big containers could be made, low weight, high volume.

For decoration there should be various pattern rugs available for placing against walls (make them work like banners, so that we can decide where to put them), and floors too. Maybe with high (70+) cloth tailoring the option to have a wool carpet (new floor type) becomes available.

Wool cloaks could protect you a little from pillar spells (10% damage reduction from pillar spells only) and other aoe spells (from uniques and Valrei mobs).

Edited by Wiro

Use wool to create an upgrade for armour that acts as a lining to help ease movement so that wearing armour does not slow you down so much. Or perhaps to provide a combat bonus.

Edited by tanktastic
  • Like 5

I hate to always be that guy but the tops of the legs on the model could use a little more bulk to them..IMO

Sheers > wool > spindle > wool Cloth/thread <clothes/Tapestries/Rugs> and as mentioned above, lamb chops when butchered. **I give a +100 in my book for all these mentioned**

• Like 1

I like wool rugs. maybe even make wool a component in a new floor type? Also wall hangings for decoration :D

Perhaps some curtains for our windows? screw logical materials :D

• Like 2

Just no more teeth please, I get far too many of them - need more glands to mix with them!

Wool is warmer than cotton, especially when wet. If wurm had a cold weather effect similar to stamina, this would be a perfect valuable use for wool. It would include:

• Blankets
  • Horse rugs
  • Tapestry (to hang on indoor walls)
  • Cloaks

Cold exposure in the winter would slowly deplete your warmth bar, and slow you down. Moving, working (anything that burns stamina), being indoors and/or close to a fire would help you heat back up. Eventually you'd take cold damage similar to drowning damage.

Warm clothes would reduce the amount of heat loss, allowing you to work and travel more safely in the winter.

• Like 3

Ohh nice! I want sleeping bags :D - To make beds more appealing, sleeping bags can only be imped/repaired until it's first use. Once it's used once then it has X uses dependent on QL. 0-19.99QL = 1 use before wearing out, you get an additional use every 10QL range maybe until 70 where you can get 1.5x uses or 2x uses. If you allow them to decay and be repaired then beds will become useless.

Alternatively give sleeping bags 30% sleep bonus compared to beds.

I would agree that it should be harvested from the sheep but the issue I have is people will see this as the next horde these animals in pens for personal harvesting even though I don't make anything from them. They will be additional creatures damaging the aggressive animal count which is why I think the products should be butchered or make the animals untamable/not able to be lead. Unless there's something in store for aggro and non aggro limits.

Edited by MetalDragon