Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Tutorial Server Optimization, Reprospecting Etc

• We’ve limited the number of initial faces on the tutorial server a bit, which should mean better performance.
  • Another round of prospecting has occurred on all servers mainly in order to add more marble and slate but other ores may also have appeared
  • The problems with low bushes should be resolved and you should be able to shoot over parapets
  • Server buffersize was increased, so reconnection issues should be resolved for some players
  • Entities on the Valrei map now get back up to half their initial vitality when they survive a map hex
  • A bug where some planning and building situations were not enforced by settlement laws should be fixed

View the tumblr article
  • Like 1

Another round of prospecting has occurred on all servers mainly in order to add more marble and slate but other ores may also have appeared

/me rummages for prospecting pick.

I'd just prospected the mountain above me (from 60 to 66 skill) - Geologist here I come!

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for people to come in and be angry about slate and marble being more common. :P

• Like 1

*Fingers Crossed*

Anything besides Copper, anything.

I'll have Copper please! Would love an utmost Gold too if not too much trouble :P

Edit, thank you for my 69QL copper vein with 3k to 5k ores :D Something to do with all my tin now :P

• Like 1

We’ve limited the number of initial faces on the tutorial server a bit, which should mean better performance.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does that actually mean?

Forgive my ignorance, but what does that actually mean?

lower face count on the 3d models = faster rendering

*sigh 7 new iron veins :o *cries a bit* but atleast this had a visible change XD

I'm just waiting for people to come in and be angry about slate and marble being more common. :P

How could you have done this?!!!! By making marble/slate more common you've ruined my Wurm life FOREEEEEVERRRRR!!!!!

Kidding aside... cool beans... will have to go check the ol' mine again

[20:41:48] There is lead ore (normal quality), lead ore (very good quality), lead ore (poor quality), lead ore (utmost quality) and lead ore (good quality) nearby.

Gah, and i don't even live near water. :( Also, not sure there's anything new in my area, besides more iron/lead. (Found one marble with last prospect though, which is close to useless with current uses)

Yes stop the slate are marble monopoly XD the prices are just crazy

• Like 1

Rolf i found 3 slate on deed, and more n more are finding it Awsome update, i beleave tis fixed now! ty! :-)

Rolf i found 3 slate on deed, and more n more are finding it Awsome update, i beleave tis fixed now! ty! :-)

You found it on your deed so now you think it is fixed? :rolleyes:

Take a wild guess at what effect the reprospects have had on my mining network.... I wrote a little song about it, wanna hear it? Here it goes

Zippetydooda, zippety-yay... somethin somethin bout tin (add an ah), oh what a wonderful day...

well i checked all of iron mountain on and off deed/ and been gettin reports all day that its being found, theres 30+ veins in iron mountain, its most definitly regional to some areas and its accesible by all now and we got other vein spawns also, so id say this is finally fixed ( i dont go off wats on my deed, i go off wat others say).

well i checked all of iron mountain on and off deed/ and been gettin reports all day that its being found, theres 30+ veins in iron mountain, its most definitly regional to some areas and its accesible by all now and we got other vein spawns also, so id say this is finally fixed ( i dont go off wats on my deed, i go off wat others say).

Pretty sure I qualify as "other" ;) but then again I never complained that it was broken to begin with. We have transmutation rods.

I have to admit though, that the more reprospects we get, and especially now that all kinds of types of vein transmutations are being handed out, it begins to feel like a bit of a bad joke. I'd love to feel like it is a bit more scientific than random algorithms until a handful of people finally get their free transmutation and announce the reprospects can now cease.

At $50 a piece, sure, I'll take a free transmutation too, thanks... how long is the average complaining time to get one these days?

Those 3 slate you got on your deed should have cost you $150.

dude slate and marble was suppose to match the spawn rates of silver-gold-lead-copper and seems like they do now. Dont tell me your one of those people who trying selling stuff @ 1s per 100 n got that price gouging days squashed? if So haha thats great to hear. as now that people can actually get the veins means they can use it and a select fews days of riping people off are gone. *jus sayin*. if you played wurm for a year you woulda known that those veins being that rare was not intended, only Rare-supreme-fantastic items are meant to be that rare :-P

Dont tell me your one of those people who trying selling stuff @ 1s per 100 n got that price gouging days squashed?

Nope. Considering the relationship between silver and real money with real effects on people, I'm not terribly interested in taking silver from anyone else and am not sure that I ever have. I've relunctantly accepted barters on occasion as I understand some people do not feel comfortable with freebies.

if you played wurm for a year

I've been around.

I just don't like the whole "I have what I need now so it is fixed!"

I trust Rolf has a much better and more equitable metric than that.

ofc rolf has been checking it out, but so far everywhere is saying they found slate, Sure some folks still done have it, but then again ya gotta prospect and mine to this stuff.

Got a marble wall now in a small iron mine on a small shore cliff. One would think marble would be more like precious metals and be more inland mountain ores, so I think the random number generator has replaced prior wurm sensical regionality.

Guess I will use it to pave the roads (when implemented) being it sounds to be a common thing now....can we have gold roads too because that just is fair to those who have gold rather than marble.....then maybe we can add unobtanium as the next big thing for people to cry that they need to have for their texture swapping needs......and eventually circle around to rock shards being the rare thing and people will cry they need to have rock walls. Or we could just throw out sensical regionality entirely and start a wurm micro transaction texture shop as that will surely make the complainers happy they can have what they want but do not need. Mining is a bunch of work anyways all that prospecting and wacking.....

Edited by yarnevk

very nice patch.

Edited by fatboy

What ninja add?

Version 3.1.76-4561

-----------------------

* Grass sprite height for tree/bush tiles will not appear as high as wild grass tiles until they can be cut like other grass tiles can.

* Wind and waves now have a visual effect on ships and boats.

* Fixed some performance issues with flags, rare items, and Collada animations.

I still have no slate or marble in my gigantoid mine but guess what I dont care. Would I like them sure but I can accept the fact that there is none. I do not think we should have every type of ore or rock in our mines. I will just build my wood floors and wood roofs for now and someday when I get some slate. By "get" I mean I get off my lazy ass if I want it bad enough and go find it somewhere in one of the thousand abandoned mines and mine it or get it from someone else.

We dont need everything handed to us.

Sign in to follow this