Sign in to follow this  
Griebo

Multi Story House Pics

I've found that if you place bright (colored light is easier to see in contrast) at the base of the building pushed not into it but very close the light will shine up the entire structure as if it's still a one story wall. If you combine a series of different color up lights basically along with placing them along the shifting sides a building you can create an angelic internal illumination effect where light seems to shine from the inside out and thus the source unseen. Brightly or Darkly shaded lamps near each other with contrasting colors or colors shifting together from dark to light or bright to subtle shades of a color work the best.

• Like 1

Idk if this will be feasible with the current ligthing code, but i think the time is mature for wurm to get some kind of ligthouse ligth, maybe some kind of huge fire, a pire you need to feed with some amount of logs per day or maybe a gigantic brass lamp tied to to a huge tub full of olive oil.

btw i´m impresed with frost work, very nice boatbuilding facilities.

• Like 1

Wow. Some of these are fantastic. Very creative. ***takes notes for ideas to shamelessly steal***

And a great big yes for the lighthouse idea. Big lamp tied to oil tub would be good. I would love that.

• Like 1

Re Lights turning off when you move away: This is just the current way to get around the light count limit. Each 16x16 area has a set list of lights, when you're closer to the cell, it'll order that list to take lights closer to you, as you move off, itll order them differently.

New light code coming soon which will (hopefully) magically solve all problems.

• Like 6

Re Lights turning off when you move away: This is just the current way to get around the light count limit. Each 16x16 area has a set list of lights, when you're closer to the cell, it'll order that list to take lights closer to you, as you move off, itll order them differently.

thanks ;)

usflagwpm.jpg

For all you Americans out there. Old Glory @ Whispering Pines Marina, built by Toadly, Wisardlomp & Len. :-)

EDIT: This has now been removed.

Edited by LennyHarvey85
  • Like 13

usflagwpm.jpg

For all you Americans out there. Old Glory @ Whispering Pines Marina, built by Toadly, Wisardlomp & Len. :-)

No offence i am from America myself but that does not seem like a "fantasy simulator/survival game" building. This is the type of thing that i was afraid of with multistory stuff it is going to take away the medieval look and feel of the game granted there are going to be some really cool things too i guess i just have to roll with the times..IDK Edited by Kegan
  • Like 7

No offence i am from America myself but that does not seem like a "fantasy simulator/survival game" building. This is the type of thing that i was afraid of with multistory stuff it is going to take away the medieval look and feel of the game granted there are going to be some really cool things too i guess i just have to roll with the times..IDK

Turn your character the other way when pass it, while I wouldn't have it personally it is imaginative and a fun building.

• Like 3

No offence i am from America myself but that does not seem like a "fantasy simulator/survival game" building. This is the type of thing that i was afraid of with multistory stuff it is going to take away the medieval look and feel of the game granted there are going to be some really cool things too i guess i just have to roll with the times..IDK

Each to their own, although this wouldn't be my first choice of building either, it is unique, it is just a large version on a Kingdom banner but for the village. Like a coat of arms. It also aids navigation.

I will not be building a flag house or tower block any time soon. Though they are interesting to see what others are getting up to.

light houses, a nice idea, should be very hard to make and limited in density like towers, but to a much greater extent. lots of them on every deed would be a pain.

for lighting i think sand illuminates well, my place Sand Castle seems to glow from a reasonable distance. we are using Imperial lamps one to every tile surrounding the house.

8334767944_ffda2666d0.jpg

8333763939_c4b328bf97_z.jpg

Edited by canoe sandie
  • Like 4

usflagwpm.jpg

Minecraft anyone?

• Like 2

Will lamps and other sources of light be seen from the "outside" parts of houses, such as a balcony or rooftop, after this update?

Minecraft anyone?

May be, but with about 1000x the work to build it.

• Like 1

I will not be building a flag house or tower block any time soon. Though they are interesting to see what others are getting up to.

light houses, a nice idea, should be very hard to make and limited in density like towers, but to a much greater extent. lots of them on every deed would be a pain.

for lighting i think sand illuminates well, my place Sand Castle seems to glow from a reasonable distance. we are using Imperial lamps one to every tile surrounding the house.

8334767944_ffda2666d0.jpg

8333763939_c4b328bf97_z.jpg

I really like this. simply but effective :)

I'll be posting mine real soon.

The deed is only a week or so old, but here's my new manor.

wurm201301021529_zpsff79d56b.jpg

wurm201301021530_zpsbf646f28.jpg

wurm201301021531_zps410f1fb8.jpg

Can't wait for winter to end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And...here is my first one on the old deed.

wurm201212182258_zps6bbf6e48.jpg

wurm201212182257_1_zps19c2b9ac.jpg

Holy cow that is absolutely amazing :D All the houses here are just great!!

I am an American, my ancestors participated in founding the US, I was a soldier in the US Armed Forces for over 20 years, and I find it very uncomfortable to live within that building's shadow (the deeded land behind that flag building is mine). Even though I am an American I don't want real life politics and nationalism in Wurm..... we have our own politics here.

It's thier deed. They can build what they want. If I don't like it then I am the one that can leave, even if I was there first. That's sandbox.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 6

Really nice houses most of them!

Except the American flag thing, looks just aweful. I think Rolf went overboard with this multistorey stuff, there should be much more limitations on what can be built really. Looks like GMs got a new resposibility to monitor what people build and remove offensive buildings :P (american flag house not included, it's just ugly, not offensive imo)

That flag is totally genius but at the same time disturbingly obnoxious to be placed so close to other deeds and on the waterside.