Sign in to follow this  
Gaeron

Catapulting Towers

So, with the new style "building towers" how does catapulting work?

Can you aim at any specific level of the tower?

Do you take out each wall section of each level independantly or are there rules involved?

If all of the walls at a level get destroyed what happens to all the higher walls?

A scenario I can imagine happening ...

In a town is a building say 5 units tall having all but one of the base walls destroyed then during an attack a bunch of people can go into and up to the higher floors. One other can catapult the remaining wall so you have a free floating building which can no longer be climbed. Players in the floating tower are unreachable by the attackers. I think you can still fire from windows so potentially it makes for safe defence.

• Like 1

More than likely there will be some sort of crumble mechanic, I hope, seeing as multistory buildings need a certain level of support to climb to be a tower. And a real tower would fall if it's walls at the very bottom were to be destroyed. I suppose houses that can sustain themselves in the air might become possible with the introduction of bridges if they are supported on each side but I feel with the release coming as it is the entire pile should fall if the bottom layer is destroyed. As an extension of that too any players in a tower when it falls should receive the appropriate amount of fall damage and perhaps count as a hit from the catapult as well? You're falling in a pile of rubble after all.

Edited by Icelion

Pretty sure I was told you knock out the wall on the ground level, no need for any other walls.

Yes, i would think that you can knock out all walls on the bottom floor and the house still stands. There are still support beams in place, not 100% realistic of course but anything else would be too powerful I think. Somone could knock down someone else's tower in minutes...

Pretty sure I was told you knock out the wall on the ground level, no need for any other walls.

then you'd be forced to lockpick the doors on other levels? :S

then you'd be forced to lockpick the doors on other levels? :S

If I understand it right you won't have any stairs up to reach them.

Thats the thing, "if I understand it" Not seen anything from the dev team on how it actually works and based on past experience i can see the potential for any number of anomolies.

• Like 1

I heard somewhere that it could damage the whole side of a house but blunt of it is bottoms.

I would like to see it as every crank on the catapult would mean a story higher for attack, if xx player was on 10th floor and u want him out it would be 20 total cranks, 10 for min and 10 for hight.

Would be nice to "knock players out" of building if u hit them on a higher floor soo they fall and can then battle them.

V -soo pretty much what i sayed belth?- V

Edited by kamoto

I haven't made it to test yet to try but what I would suggest is that if the shot lands on a tile it damages the 1st floor, if it would have landed 1 tile past it damages the 2nd floor, etc. It's not really ballistically accurate but it's close enough and easy to calculate. To hit the 10th floor you either need to be adjacent and crank 10 times or 10 tiles away and crank 20 times.

Yeah pretty much what Kamoto said.

Edited by belthize