Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Long Awaited Features Added

• The ability to raise cave and surface level rock using a rudimentary form of concrete has been invented by angry miners
  • Bewildered weapon smiths have invented a way to smelt unused metal with some sort of pottery devide
  • At a workshop in the art of “thinking outside of the forge†smiths understood how to keep improving one item and gain better skill with less improvement, instead of spewing out tons of items.
  • The tutorial area now has increased chance of creating certain basic items in order to keep people from quitting before they understand the beauty and rewards of perseverance.
  • Caves have started acting up and you should avoid riding in them for the time being. Also you may become glued to walls or end up inside them. Relog in those cases. We are working on fixing these issues with a client update.
  • Falling damage was increased for higher altitudes.
  • New items will no longer have to be polished in order to be finished.
  • For some nice Sunday listening, turn on Wurm Online Radio:http://www.wurmonlineradio.tk/

View the full article

• Like 5

• The ability to raise cave and surface level rock using a rudimentary form of concrete has been invented by angry miners

Yes! The ability to repair cave floors is what I have been wanting since I first saw my public mine floors ruined by foolish newbies on the Deliverance server! Hurrah! Booyah! and all that type of stuff! Is this in game now? Now to decipher your clever ruse of disguising the means of creating and applying this substance. Believe me, I will not rest until I figure this out and repair every damaged cave floor within my local areas! Thanks for this great addition to the game.

=Ayes=

At a workshop in the art of “thinking outside of the forge†smiths understood how to keep improving one item and gain better skill with less improvement, instead of spewing out tons of items.

Anyone make any progress in figuring out how this is done. Is there a "workshop" station we need to build or is it a toggle in the interface?

Its hilarious how i tested concrete and it created a hole tile on test and reported to wollschaf. Then he said thanks for reporting because we dont want that happening when it goes live. But guess what? It still happens...

• Like 1

At a workshop in the art of “thinking outside of the forge†smiths understood how to keep improving one item and gain better skill with less improvement, instead of spewing out tons of items.

Anyone make any progress in figuring out how this is done. Is there a "workshop" station we need to build or is it a toggle in the interface?

I guess its easy to misunderstand.

Rolf used the word workshop like this : "(Social Science / Education) a group of people engaged in study or work on a creative project or subject"

It means that it should now be better skill gain to improve few items up above your skill level than creating 100s of items and improving them up below your skill level.

Updates and communication from the devs is certainly very much appreciated, but can we please go back to more clearly-stated notes?

• Like 3

Its hilarious how i tested concrete and it created a hole tile on test and reported to wollschaf. Then he said thanks for reporting because we dont want that happening when it goes live. But guess what? It still happens...

So it still happens on test or do you mean it happens on the other servers also? I don't want to try using this stuff until it's confirmed that it won't mess up my mine floor.

Very good update. Still got a few bugs but that's to be expected during this transition.

Uh oh! I'd best try the concrete on some mine tile out of the way then to see what effect it has. I am curious to know how much 1 concrete raises the mine floor level because the limited availability of lye puts a damper on creating lots of concrete. Need ash to create lye. Get ash from expired campfires and burned out log piles, so this is the main time sink in this process, I would say.

=Ayes=

Wow, I'm gonna miss needing to make 50-100 of an item to skill up (NOT). Great update.

• Like 3

Smelt all competitor made weapons, yay, xmas is coming :D

• Like 4

Uh oh! I'd best try the concrete on some mine tile out of the way then to see what effect it has. I am curious to know how much 1 concrete raises the mine floor level because the limited availability of lye puts a damper on creating lots of concrete. Need ash to create lye. Get ash from expired campfires and burned out log piles, so this is the main time sink in this process, I would say.

I knew the 500 ash in the bsb would come handy some day.

It seems one concrete raises one corner by 1 dirt

• Like 3

To be honest a kiln should have been better instead of this pot.

FYI, I'm getting a significantly higher number of damage ticks smaller than .01 while imping weapons since today's updates. I am used to getting a few of these while imping BS items over 85 ql but not on WS items below 65 ql. It is not a game killer just frustrating. It could be fixed if there was a way to display damage lower than .01 in the menus.

but how can i make concrete from lye ?

Edit: nvm, wiki told me:

1. Activate a lye (1.50 kg)
  2. Right-click a mortar (1.50 kg)

Edited by Aelfred

Well just made some concrete and yes, 1 concrete only raises 1 corner by 1 mining action. There goes my grand vision of fixing all the destroyed mine floors in the area. I am rather disappointed with this meager raising effect in respect to the materials, failures and time required to make 1 concrete. Certainly not meant for dropshafts. Even 1 mine tile that's 15 below water level would require 60 concrete. Ahhh well, those submerged and crazy mined down floors will just have to wait until nothing better to do then. *shrugs*

=Ayes=

Well just made some concrete and yes, 1 concrete only raises 1 corner by 1 mining action. There goes my grand vision of fixing all the destroyed mine floors in the area. I am rather disappointed with this meager raising effect in respect to the materials, failures and time required to make 1 concrete. Certainly not meant for dropshafts. Even 1 mine tile that's 15 below water level would require 60 concrete. Ahhh well, those submerged and crazy mined down floors will just have to wait until nothing better to do then. *shrugs*

=Ayes=

I don't understand. How else would it work? You need to be able to have precise control over how high a corner will be raised.

Drop shifts are better with a Mag or orb since they fill it from top to bottom.

yes like how about using bricks for 2 dirt high and colossus style for 5 high.

Keep concrete only for 1 dirt high..

Well its seems highly labor intensive to raise 1 slope, if making concrete made 10 or 20 "concretes" that would seem to be a more equitable time spent/reward.

I guess its easy to misunderstand.

Rolf used the word workshop like this : "(Social Science / Education) a group of people engaged in study or work on a creative project or subject"

It means that it should now be better skill gain to improve few items up above your skill level than creating 100s of items and improving them up below your skill level.

Now apply Wurm rules. If its better to improve a few items up above your skill it must even be way better to improve 100's of items above your skill.

Updates and communication from the devs is certainly very much appreciated, but can we please go back to more clearly-stated notes?

Wait... we had clearly stated, fully detailed notes with every detail handed to us on a silver platter?

The nice thing is this gives pottery some luvin, and Ive been wanting concrete for ages :D

Edited by Klaa

Sign in to follow this