Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

Q&a Log & Discussion

Maybe to the people who've sat on chaos suffering this BS for over a year it's not funny to hear dev's take the piss out of us.

• Like 1

Just reading this and of course I looked for the chaos section first.

As far as I knew or was concerned Chaos always has been a PvP server. Ok, its been kneecapped and given a good kicking over and over but I don't remember it as anything else but.

So just who are these non-pvpers who do not want PvP unnerfed back on Chaos? everyone I've spoken with so far is of the mind bring it back and while you are at it make it BL vs WL. I saw another thread suggesting a possible new server to be what Chaos should have been too, if Chaos has been tainted by the non-pvp element too much then I have to look at this seriously.

Why can't we just say that on the freedom server group we want a fully PvP enabled server with all the trimmings. Then we can say to Rolf what do you require for this to happen.

Too much dancing around. State the problem and get the only man who can, to tell us the answer.

My honest opinion is that he wants all the PvP to be on Epic so he is waiting for chaos to die out and make it a PvE server. (i could be wrong this is just my opinion.)

Edited by Kegan

Considering the size of the new packages full of new graphics, is some kind of alternative download method/site planned, so we don't crash the server/game all downloading the new packages at the same time?

Not allowing people to bring across their gold won't stop anything - you can just buy coins in the shop on your new character. If people want big deeds, they will have them regardless - though I don't see this happening straight away, especially with everyone on 0 skills.

It will stop those who won't buy coin but happen to have a bunch in the bank. Perhaps that target crowd is much smaller then I figured. For me, if I could use my bank I could easily drop a 1g worth deed on the new server. If I had to buy the silver it would be around 10s.

I think most people complains about the number of levels whitout really thinking about the material count even if no change its made.

1 8x8 house requires 96 carp, and either 640 planks & 32 nails or 640 bricks & 640 mortar, so even if you have the skill or someone planing it for you, you still need to make/buy/steal 1920 planks & 96 nails or 1920 bricks & 1920 mortar, just for the first 3 levels. If i didn´t read it wrong, auto roof is gone, so you need to make some kind of roof/floor for those 32 tiles, and all that if we count no internal walls.

while i´m sure that there is people out there with the resources and comitement to build a couple of this mega buildings, i don´t really expect to see this buildings poping out in large numbers, for the same razon i don´t see lots of 8x8 buildings around.

I have 3k bricks and mortar in my bsb's on Indy my friend has 8k waiting for the expansion just think about those that do bulk for a job in Wurm. Toddly was able to fill an order for 5k in a few days. Materiels will not be a hinderance. :P

I was having trouble envisioning a 41 story tower so I made this in SketchUp. I think it will work. It makes me smile thinking about standing on top of the tower look out at the lands. I didn't calculate materials needed to make and I'm guessing it would be years to make it.

1Ldfn.png

• Like 1

I was having trouble envisioning a 41 story tower so I made this in SketchUp. I think it will work. It makes me smile thinking about standing on top of the tower look out at the lands. I didn't calculate materials needed to make and I'm guessing it would be years to make it.

1Ldfn.png

Years? A month or two

the bottom 3 levels there have a total of 3 8x8's the rest of the 38 floors probably average a 3x3 house.

you can build a couple 3x3's in a day easy.

3 8x8's ( 64 x 20 of brix/mortar ) 3840 brix and 3840 mortar total

38 3x3's ( 9 x 20 of brix/mortar ) 6840 brix and 6840 mortar approx.

so about 13k each of brix and mortar. 26k total

unless there is some massive new building requirement these things will go up fast.

Edited by Protunia

@ Protunia Thank you for doing the math. yea, two months probably. It just looked bigger to me for some reason. It does seem wrong to me that each floor isn't any harder to build then the ones below.

1Ldfn.png

That looks more like a skyscraper then a mage tower might work if the game was a city builder.

I am glad the only thing i can see from my main deed is what i pick to build.

Edited by Kegan

I expect a few people will create these Wurmpire state buildings. So what. If one keeps one's eyes on the road ahead rather than craning one's neck skyward, there is less chance of falling off the road into the depths below anyway. Time sink to create even much lesser structures in height is so excessive that it will put most off from doing so. I doubt I will be building but a very few at even 2 storeys high, don't see much point in them myself. I would rather spend the tiime to create more single floor buildings instead, with interesting jogged designs and interior walls with arches and so on.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

That looks more like a skyscraper then a mage tower might work if the game was a city builder.

Its like that because of the rule requiring at lest one adjacent tile being within 3 levels.

Google "Tower of Orthanc" to see what's probably one of the most well known wizard towers. Its Saruman's tower from Lord of the Rings. It is 500 feet tall or 152 meters. I think a Wurm building is 4 meters high so 41 of them would be 164 meters. We could build a tower as tall but not shapped like the Tower of Orthanc with the 3 story adjacent rule.

I'd support a limiting system based on increasing building materials as opposed to some build X number of floors every X skill points.

I honestly think Rolf undershot the 'difficulty' to create a multi story building, as for me. I'm keeping my deed. under 4 stories, and maybe later on when im well developed... a scraper some where on the corner or around the token...

Rolf said in the interview with MMORPG today: "At release you'll be able to build around ten floors levels and those crazy towers will require some sort of special foundations instead and come later."

So, 41 levels will eventually be attainable, but not for a while.