Sign in to follow this  
Lundy

Attack Speed Penalties On Armor

I was thinking about how pointless leather and studded leather were combat wise, I think if you wear lighter armor you should be able to attack at a faster rate.. at the moment if you are on a boat best option is to wear plate armor since you dont have to move, and the protection on studded is so bad you might as well wear chainmail on land .. so how about buff lighter armors with faster attack speed? what do you guys think?

I think this is already implemented and studded leather isn't useless. I went from 20-70FS in studded leather, killed greenish crocs, champ trolls, no problem as long as you can back away to bandage.

Really? I thought I was attacking pretty fast because I was wearing light armor, that's one of the reasons I don't want to get into heavier armors :P

I was told by very experienced players that armor did not affect attack speed, (Epic Server)... can someone confirm this?

I was told by very experienced players that armor did not affect attack speed, (Epic Server)... can someone confirm this?

I was in the impression that it does affect attack speed but then people said it doesnt now others say it does...

I was in the impression that it does affect attack speed but then people said it doesnt now others say it does...

I think it effects dodge, attack, shield, and parry if you use lighter armor, if it doesn't it should.

Edited by Protunia

It doesnt effect swing time, but it effects evade rating, however, the extra evade rating is HEAVILY outweighed by the glance rate and plain damage reduction of chain(in pvp)

Comparing chain and studded here.

Edited by Gone420
  • Like 1

It doesnt effect swing time, but it effects evade rating, however, the extra evade rating is HEAVILY outweighed by the glance rate and plain damage reduction of chain(in pvp)

Comparing chain and studded here.

So this is a confirmation that armor does not have any effect in attack speed/swing so back to my suggestion saying it should.

So this is a confirmation that armor does not have any effect in attack speed/swing so back to my suggestion saying it should.

-1, for simple reasons. You can't make swing timers any faster as is, so you'd have to basically nerf chain and plate armor. At that point, you'd need studded or crappier armor I guess for the base swing timers we have now, which gives you the situation of normal swing timers and terrible armor, or slow timers and good armor. To balance this properly, studded would have to get a proper buff, and then guess what? Everyone switches to studded leather, with odd bits of people using chain or plate. Essentially, the same thing we have now. So... leave it as is.

• Like 2