Sign in to follow this  
Spolmit

Greed Monger

I'm new here but I have been on the greedmonger forums for a while and there is a lot of talk about the developers losing 8,000 in pledges because of this thread.

I am overjoyed to hear this!!, although I doubt the veracity of your claim, since it just seems too good to be true. Then again, all *real* Wurm players know that Wood Scraps make great fuel to add to the flames.

*stokes the fire*

=Ayes=

I just can't understand why they so passionately and blindly support the game. I mean, besides the few people that threw stupid amounts of money at the team (I mean, who in their right mind would give $3,500 for a vision of a game? One that's not even being realized by a known company and has no obligation to give that money back if they fail?) they really have nothing to gain by being fanboys this early in development. Yeah, they can input on suggestions for the game, but that's it. They can't even play the game, lol. It would make them look silly for them to go around and say that they're a fan of a game that doesn't even have a gameplay video released as of this post. It's just not logical to blindly follow what appears to be a pipe dream at this point. Then again there are a lot of sheep in this world, so, meh.

Well the live stream is going now if you want to watch it..
/>http://www.twitch.tv/markeedragon

Enki, ban any1 from that game coming here to continue this flame war. Post read your stuff, you didnt attack him, you was straight the point and respectful, Obviously the community hes going for is not the mature one. But here in wurm we dont act this way, So enki i ask ya to ban any1 from that site that attempts to fuels this more. Tis annoying, and even sadier when it is a game owner the one instigating it. We are better then that people, If anything this fella had gained us more players n goten wurm to be seen by others that never tried it before, Tis all :-)

*giggles* hicups and forum warriors? i thought he really shouldn't react to that

Oh well it just makes me love wurm all that much more..back to the game, lol

Edited by Kegan

This has given everyone a good laugh and has made the wurm community feel a little closer again :P

It went exactly as I expected it to, with Appleton stumbling over a bunch of things and inflating himself. Pico server? $900,000? Are you trying to buy a small corporate company, instead of a license? Lol. Anyway, maybe I searched the wrong thing in google but Pico server looks to be free from sourceforge. I think he got something wrong there. Anyway, I lost 4 hours of sleep staying up to watch this stream. Oh well, at least it was a good laugh like Alyeska said. :P

Like he doesn't really understand. He admits like he used fake Facebook boosters to get Likes, and then after all of it he goes, "But you know what I don't get... who cares?" Who cares? I mean, you realize you did something wrong, you deceived people greatly, and got ahead over companies/games doing it honestly and took a shortcut, but he doesn't really admit to his mistakes and bloopers. I don't think he really understands what he does wrong, he just masks it and says, "Hey who cares?" It's just unprofessional from a lead designer.

his dev , Grim was his name, that fella knows how to act professional!. However all jason did in that video was severly hurt his game, the guy giving the interview looked as if his eyeballs was bout to pop out of his head on the facebook comment..lol

his dev , Grim was his name, that fella knows how to act professional!. However all jason did in that video was severly hurt his game, the guy giving the interview looked as if his eyeballs was bout to pop out of his head on the facebook comment..lol

That is because Markee is a reputable man, he knows how the internet works.

But I cannot say for sure the interview hurt him.

Alone from this discussion I'm discouraged to try this game!

• Like 1

Oh god... I read about this in a youtube comment on an ultima online video. The guy was saying: hopefully we will be playing greed monger in 1-2 years.

Hey if he pulls it off i am sure i will go check it out but i have not seen anything close to what Wurm is in all my years of playing. Xsyon is close but still not as good..IMO Now granted it has somethings i like better but no enough to leave Wurm over.

How will non-land ownership handled? Can you do anything without purchasing land or moving in with someone who purchased land?

They're kinda making things up as they go. If they continue this strategy all the way up until release and with Appleton not having experience leading or designing a game before then I can see it turning out as a complete, unbalanced mess unless his developers steer him in the right direction.

Pretty sure you said Pico server, not Upikko, but aside from that I'll use your famous words, "who cares?!".

Also, lol... Like how could I even verify that you were right anyway? Coming here and posting that is like sticking your tongue out at me. It does nothing but make me laugh because it's not like they have a convenient page listing the price. You have to make an inquiry on the pricing.

Edit: --Bah, fine Miretta.--

Still. Don't. Like. Greed. Monger. Bye.

Edited by Laiwyn

lol calm down, I don't see any harrassment in his post...if you ignore that he put your name in front of his post, it's just an information about an (in my opinion) interesting server module. I'm just a little confused what it has to do with anyone said here :P

I'm just tired of seeing him post here, especially with stuff worded like "If you can get it cheaper, let me know! Thanks."

Anyone who understands sarcasm will know that he really isn't looking for me to find out if I could get it cheaper than him and he's sure as hell not wanting to be courteous about it by saying thanks. It's a way of being snide without inherently directly saying something snide. I made a mistake when I heard him say uPikko server, but all he could have said that it was uPikko, not Pico and that it was indeed $900,000 for a license for his game. No hidden remarks was necessary. I thought it was obvious.

Edited by Laiwyn

Guys, you may disagree with some of what the lead designer/producer behind Greed Monger is doing but please respect that there is no "right" way to develop a game. The Wurm community is and should be open-minded to different ways of doing things - after all we have been in a unique position for years in the way Wurm is and has been developed.

I think any new arrival on the game development 'scene' is going to be treated with a bit of skepticism - especially if they use means that are in many ways different to the norm in games development. That said, it appears to me that Jason has a really great group of developers behind him and it looks as though he is going to allow them to make up for any shortcomings he has. After all, that is what teamwork is all about.

The development process aside, I personally think many of the concepts behind Greed Monger are very interesting and it is a game I will be keeping an eye on as time progresses. Let's not forget here that we are all gamers and in my mind that says we should be happy that a new game is being developed, which is in a similar-ish genre to the one this forum is all about, rather than slam its lead designer.

• Like 1

PR. The one thing Jason lacks (as in a different person to do PR instead of him, to clarify).

Ok. I'm done. Seriously.

Edited by Laiwyn

just one thing i noticed in those videos is, that they shouldn't have posted it, because atm it only shows those models, landscape and such, but sandbox gamers are interested in seeing those mechanics, thats why we can play wurm :P even if it gets better, graphics aren't the best but also not really THAT important....mechanics are more important

just one thing i noticed in those videos is, that they shouldn't have posted it, because atm it only shows those models, landscape and such, but sandbox gamers are interested in seeing those mechanics, thats why we can play wurm :P even if it gets better, graphics aren't the best but also not really THAT important....mechanics are more important

Unless I am mistaken this upcoming game is very early along in the development process. I would imagine that game mechanics will be showcased in due course.

Meh and Wossoo comes in to ruin a perfectly good mob lynching... :P

Personally theres no right or wrong path in game development; however, when a dev is showing off something... have something to show off!

• Like 1