Sign in to follow this  
Turnips

Temporary Invincibility After Death/respawning?

I did a quick search and didn't find anything related to this, but sorry if its been posted before :0

So earlier on I decided to have a look around the immediate area near my village to see what has changed etc, I died from being completely swarmed by a huge amount of enemies.... Getting to my corpse was probably the most tedious and time consuming thing I've ever done in this game because of all those enemies hahah. I died again while trying to get away from them all! Which is why I thought it might be good for those of us who are new and/or have a really low fighting skill (say, under 15?) to have a bit of breathing room after respawning. Allowing us to actually be able to get to our corpses and get our armour/weapons/other things back, without dying multiple times in the process and losing more skill just because of this.

The thing I thought of was temporary invincibility for 3 - 5 minutes or so. That should allow the player enough time to get to their corpse and be a good way back home! The invincibility could fade if s/he targets onto an enemy, and would still be able to get attacked by guards/templars (though I can't remember what circumstances cause you to be attacked by them, if at all) to keep things fair.

What do you all think? Or would something like that be too hard to add? :(

• Like 1

I have fond memories of trying to reach my corpse in a variety of situations :)

It can be a bit hard sometimes, but it's all part of the survival/sandbox challenge. If retrieving your corpse wasn't as hard, death wouldn't mean enough or be as penalizing. At least Wurm doesn't have perma-death! If you need to get through monsters above your skill level, enlist the help of a fighter!

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Something like this could work but only if the person is under 24hours playtime

I have fond memories of trying to reach my corpse in a variety of situations :)

It can be a bit hard sometimes, but it's all part of the survival/sandbox challenge. If retrieving your corpse wasn't as hard, death wouldn't mean enough or be as penalizing. At least Wurm doesn't have perma-death! If you need to get through monsters above your skill level, enlist the help of a fighter!

Something like this could work but only if the person is under 24hours playtime

I like both of these posts. Just as you get the 24 hr food/drink and lantern this might be a nice little perk. If its only 5 min after respawn that you get it and your body is out in the wild there is a good chance that you won't be able to get to it in 5 anyway ;) Set it so that all animals are friendly to you for the past 5 minutes?

The only problem with this 3-5 min window is if you are a noob and have no deed and respawn at Freedom Market and your corpse is an hour away this is no help to you.

So I don't think it would work for most players.