Sign in to follow this  
zalifear

Puzzle Plaza Market & Event Deed

PPM is a generally nice market but i don't think it would hurt to enforce and actual server owned market that was updated by a chosen group.

What i mean by chosen group is maybe a GM chosen group of highly active players. aka IG Market Staff.

I love the group idea. however player ran IMO is the way to go. Just has to be known active players. Zali was very active and then ...Poof.. A group as we all know , could keep the place /expand / take ideas from community. ect.

Edited by monctonclown

I would support bringing back the Old deli market place if this cant be solved. I will even see about making the highway from the old Port Saragossa as well.

Should the ability to take over PPM fail and a new group run market is created, I think that the group should look at ways to prevent a situation like this happening again. RL has a way of sneaking up on people at times.. I do believe there is an option or two on a deed form to assist with passing Mayor rights to another player right? Just incase that player goes AWOL due to RL?

EDIT: The deed options mentioned above should be looked into as well for PPM if someone is able to get command of it.

Edited by Webbler

This was a player's deed. Him or his wife would be able to hand it over if either of them meant to. Foreversky has responded once in this thread and Zali has not. You might try sending both of them a forum pm. But the game won't allow you to take command of another players deed like this.

• Like 1

Webbler, we could always make a toon specifically to be mayor, and give the login details to several respectable and long term members of the community (Such as Kamikazifly, Seara and KaiH as mentioned before), that way the odds of the market ever being lost due to mayoral inactivity would be negligible.

Monc, Tep and me started to maintain the nature part of the market, as i have some rights there to cut trees and plant new ones. The completely random jungle is conquered pretty soon (except an enchanted oak on the tile of an altar), the next step would be to build roofs so it won't look that abandoned.

• Like 1

Webbler, we could always make a toon specifically to be mayor, and give the login details to several respectable and long term members of the community (Such as Kamikazifly, Seara and KaiH as mentioned before), that way the odds of the market ever being lost due to mayoral inactivity would be negligible.

I like this idea as well due to all the possible writs, etc. But I also thought that there was an option like democracy or diplomacy or whatever that would allow a deed exchange (to a new deed not the current PPM) if someone goes inactive?

Menyet, thank you for the work you and Monc have done on clearing the jungle that was sprouting up. :) I'm sure it looks a lot better now.

Does anyone at all have any form of communication with Zali and / or his wife outside of the forums? That way we might be able to get this fixed? And as a community, should we not be able to get more access to the deed for roofing, etc, do we want to look at another possible market? If so, how long do we wait before we do? 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month? I think a timeline should be thought of.

Personally I do like the current market spot but if it goes stagnant and we are unable to keep up with maintenance other than trees.... It might behoove us as a community to look at all the options, place some timelines, etc.

• Like 1

PPM hasn't been abandoned, more a temporary state of inactivity due to rl issues.

I'm currently awaiting a response from Zalifear for more information and I will post again in this thread as soon as I have further information.

• Like 3

This has always been the problem with player owned Marketplaces, the player looses interest in Wurm for whatever reasons and the market dies a slow death. On and on it continues, so no surprise that the same has occurred here.

This is why I have always advocated a Central Marketplace controlled by GM's who can assign the tasks of maintaining it to server residents who would line up for the task. If these players leave over time, no significant loss as others would be willing to take their place and the controling GM's would just put them on the deed under the various options, so the GM's would really not have much to do in that respect. In this way the Central Marketplace would always remain open and grow with more merchants which could be removed by GM's for inactivity. The players on that server would know that this was a dependable and reliable marketplace to travel to and the best stocked one on the server.

I am sure there will be resistence to this concept from those who want to promote their own small marketplaces, since if this were done theirs would be of little worth other than to a few locals in the area who frequently can check the merchants. As it stands now these small player run marketplaces just result in the same diminished vanishing effect over time which makes them of little worth to the playerbase which persists beyond their demise.

So sure, let these "regional marketplaces" continue their lark of selling wares but institute Central Marketplaces as I have stated to insure a sustainable market for both sellers and buyers alike. This other route just ends in failure as the above market is a recent example.

=Ayes=

I don't think PPM is "dead" or anything at all and I didn't mean to make it sound as though it was. Sorry if I did. I do agree that putting the deed in more of a "community" deed holder such as a CA type would be very beneficial to everyone. I don't think the GM's other than a few listed above would get involved. CA's might however since they are normal players like the rest and have a vested interest in the server community as a whole.

I'm all for a new, central, server-wide market, and am willing to muck in with design, and anything a Vyn priestess can help with (such as forestry/gardening and beautification, and maybe some WoA on workers' tools) were we to decide as a server community that we need a market that is less "player-owned" and more "community-owned".

Id be willing to come by to do work on the central market as well. Be fun to be apart of something like that.

We don't have to make a new market, PPM is up and running, and server residents line up for the task to maintain it.

We will have roofs on the buildings soon, otherwise it's working at full capacity (a possible expansion can be made too)

• Like 1

We don't have to make a new market, PPM is up and running, and server residents line up for the task to maintain it.

We will have roofs on the buildings soon, otherwise it's working at full capacity (a possible expansion can be made too)

Sounds great. I noticed a huge improvement already in the area yesterday so great work.

• Like 1

HI all, havent had much time and PPM has suffered from it. Thats all gonna change now. The alliance has group together and cought my ear. It will rise from the ashes now and continue to serve our great community.

• Like 4

roofs are on. new areas are being built, There will be 20 more stalls added soon, much more lighting and cleaning happening. Thanks to Zali for hooking us up with the ability to do this! :)

• Like 1

The new stalls are up! Come and place your merchant!

• Like 1

might i suggest placing signs at merchants that have the players name on them so they can be managed better? In case you start having an over abundance of empty merchants you can contact the person to fill it or move it.

You can examine the merchant and it tells the owners name, if you notice in the begining of this post theres a plyer/owner map of all the merchants.