Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

So, any ideas on why the breeding selection isn't highlighting in my main herd? As I mentioned it was working as of the last time I used Granger and still works in my other herds, but not in the main one. And that's really the herd I need Granger to work for.  :(

Do I need to reinstall or something? Or is there a setting somewhere?

Edited by Araninke

Check advisor exclude options and check if horses are paired (if that option is selected). Check if horses don't have some fishy data, like foal age or some cosmic "not in mood" date.

All the options were set correctly. Finally just removed the herd and added everyone back in fresh. Works again now.

Since it's pretty obvious, that my work is going slowly and I don't like dragging projects like this, I'd like you all to take part in this survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QNRZSQF

It will help me a lot in picking the few things, that I'm going to focus on, once WA3 is out.

• Like 2

Voted, no new features needed in my eyes just some expanding on the current ones that need you to be a programmer to work out, like regex triggers :P

• Like 1

I voted too! I dont really remember what I voted on but I use timers, triggers, log searcher and granger quite regularly. The seasonal calender I do not use (and I think it does not work anymore now Rolf randomized the seasons a bit)

I do like the possibilities of the combat assistant. (Say; "MisterX is targetting your upper left parts"  so I know I can put my defense on the upper left. Or "x starts to cast spell y". Maybe shield bashes?) I dont know what I can expect of the combat assistant and if my examples are too high to get, but if you need any info of it from a epic-player pvp aspect I can at least point you in the right way :)

Dont overwork yourself in any case, I love wurmassistant as it is now and the fact you are still working on it, regardless if it is a lot or only a little, is very appreciated.

• Like 1

Thanks Viti, I'd certainly love to know what kind of combat feedback would be most useful (and the form of it being presented).

I've already got a lot of votes and it has helped a lot. Should've done this much sooner. :)

• Like 1

I voted as well. Have to admit I really only use WA for the timer functionality and Granger. Granger most of all.

• Like 1

Voted, I use granger, meditation timers, triggers for playing various music files when entering/exiting deeds, and for the log searcher.

I've always loved the idea you had with mapping, voted for that :P

Voted for the combat parser and skill parser as well, I like graphs/charts and other records :P

Your program is just too awesome, we need you to continue when/where you can!

• Like 1

Answering one question from poll:

To set horse color, right-click on it in Granger and choose from one of submenus.

There is no way to fill this automatically - examine doesn't show colors.

PS. I will put a summary of survey after few more days and answer few more questions. Don't want to bias the results yet.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

I would like to thank everyone, who took part in the poll. Lots of answers and a giant help in picking what matters!

It's still open for more input, but I'm already sharing the results:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-6DK58V77/

To sum things up, here is the rough roadmap:

• Finishing the new guts and adding settings backup/restore.
  • All Granger improvements, including UI improvements and the exporting.
  • Then Timers and Triggers improvements (including popups, sounds, exporting etc.), also including more "ergonomic" UI :)
  • Server feeds from twitter.
  • Skills feature.
  • HUD-widget.
  • Combat Assistant.
  • Small tweaks to log searcher.
  • Map tool - looks like this one might be worth it. :)

About map tool: you can expect it to be done in unity engine, so it just might be able to work everywhere: all desktops, web and mobiles. I will also see about attachment support for deedplanner plans (pinning plans to map and autosync after edits).

Answering some of the questions:

• MAC (and Linux): can't port existing features as they are now (tried) and changing this is too much work, especially that I don't have any test platform for MAC. However, I will see about some lite-version and here comes my question: what core things from whole WA would you, MAC users, really need?
  • Is there a way to show popup over fullscreen Wurm?: No such option, fullscreen apps take direct control over graphics API, it would have to be a feature of Wurm game client itself.
  • Computer resource use: I do not expect WA to use any more, than it is right now. That said, some things have or will change a lot and may need tweaking to get there.
  • Starting Wurm with WA: will be added as an option.
  • Granger export herds directly as weblink: This is a good idea, will do. I'm a bit afraid everyone will want their own perfect layout though, so I'm just going to make it very basic looking and a way to append custom stylesheet (CSS) with the export.
  • Harvest alerts: With recent randomization of harvest seasons, I'm sidelining this feature for now.
  • Reading player position in-game: not possible without hacking client, which is not allowed by game rules.

Trello roadmap will be groomed shortly.

EDIT:

Roadmap updated.

I would love to see some suggestions, if you find anything missing. Especially for new features (far on the right side).

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 3

I need help with triggers. All I want is to set it up so that when someone sends me a PM it will make a sound. I've gone through as carefully as I can to make sure I have it setup right but still not sure if it is. I left the condition section blank because I don't know what to put there. The sound I have plays just fine on the assistant but not in game. I run in full screen mode does that matter?

Edited by Sanfrid

Just played a bit with it.

Try adding this trigger, then restarting WA.

Seems this is a bug. I could not make a newly created PM trigger to work, until WA was restarted. Adding to-do.

EDIT:
Doesn't work again.

A regex trigger with condition like this works though:

.+
Edited by Aldur

Maaaaac

Granger would be lovely for mac, will look into what other core options id like

Edited by Radni

All versions of WA have stopped making triggered sounds, I was using the legacy version and updated to the current version to see if that was a problem. When pushing the test sound button the .wav is played, when the triggered text occurs in event it is not. This worked fine up until the latest java update, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Everything works fine for me. Can you send me raw text of some events that stopped working? Of further help would be a comparison with same events from when they used to work. Also please tell me, what language / culture version is your windows, so I can recreate same conditions.

Does popup show?

Edited by Aldur

Lockpick timer/popup works fine, but for example:

you are too busy

was set to play a .wav file. But suddenly, yesterday morning, it stopped playing the noise. As I said, the "Play" button in the sound menu still plays the sound, so WA is still able to.

Win7 home premium, english UK, all updated.

Edited by Aetherwalker

It shows in my event as:

You're too busy

Did maybe this message change?

Works if I set it.

None of the other messages work either, I have "glowing hot" set to the same noise so it responds to Metal needs to be glowing hot while smithing. Empty action queue plays no sound. You feel rested plays no sound.Etc.

I will look into it more thoroughly tomorrow (/ later today, for some). :)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

I have not found any issues with triggers, everything works correctly here, but I did not try everything:

1. If you could tell me, what culture (system language / region settings) your windows has, I can try setting the same on a test machine.

2. If you could send me a sample log file, I could compare it with mine and see if there are any differences.

I would also suggest a clean WA run (temporarily rename the %localappdata%\AldurCraft\WurmAssistant2, run WA, add one of such triggers, check if it works).

Beyond that, I am unable to help further.

---------

About MAC: I'm getting nags about it now and then. Here is something to help you illustrate just how much effort it takes to port WA into MAC and maintain it for 2 platforms at once: it would be cheaper to buy 20 new PC's, that develop MAC branch. And there isn't even 20 of you, so I might as well send you the money. (nope, kidding) :)