Photo

Wurm Assistant 2.x - Bundle Of Useful Tools

Season Calendar Cooldown Timers Log Searching Extra Sounds Horse Breeding Toolbelt Swapping

• Please log in to reply
1209 replies to this topic

#1 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMisthaven (Exodus)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

lLZqN.png

Bundle of various tools for Wurm Online.

Supported systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8

Screenshots

Features:

• Granger: helps keep track of horses and hellhorses, and also with optimal herding decisions. Adding horses to the lists is trivial, all it requires is to smile and then examine any horse in your herds. Tons of options, highly configurable, the crowning feature of this bundle!
  • Cooldown timers: meditation, path question, prayer, sermon, alignment (partial), junk sales and an option to add custom ones. Has a compact "widget" mode, that stays on top of Wurm client and can remind you of finished timers with sounds and popups.
  • Triggers: can remind you of in-game events, skill gains or chat messages, for example by playing a sound or showing a popup. Can react to anything, that is logged by Wurm client. And it has a special trigger just for action queues, so you will never miss, when your character goes idle.
  • Season calendar: shows time remaining until each season starts and ends and can remind with sound or popup when a plant is in season.
  • Log searching: can search all wurm logs, for example find all conversations with particular player or all meditation skill gains. Some say it's not as good as windows built-in search, I'll leave that opinion to you.
  • Toolbelt mapper: simplifies creating wurm console scripts that can be used to quickly swap toolbelt configs (different tool sets on toolbelt).
  • Easy to setup. A setup wizard will appear on first run and will help you configure everything that's necessary.
  • Wurm Assistant Wiki will help you figure how to use each feature, if you run into problems.
  • Launcher will always keep Wurm Assistant up to date.

Download:

http://aldurcraft.co...istant/download

You must have .NET Framework 4.0 or newer installed. 4.5 is recommended.
Always start Wurm Assistant with WurmAssistantLauncher.exe, it will automatically keep Wurm Assistant up-to-date.

Note: Anti-virus software is known for false positives on Wurm Assistant. If you run into such detection, please report them to me ASAP (with anti-virus program name and detected "virus" name), so I can file a proper review request to that company and clear it.

Suspect WA really has a virus?
Scan it in https://www.virustotal.com/

Alternative download option:
Use this option only when you run into issues with launcher.

https://www.dropbox....fh7h/r_6UxPI0kx

Notes: these builds will not autoupdate, new versions must be downloaded manually.

To make WA start with windows:
Win7 and earlier: add a shortcut to WurmAssistantLauncher.exe into autostart / startup directory in menu start - all programs.
Win8: there is some more work required: guide

Help:
To get most up-to-date help, please consult Wurm Assistant Wiki (link also in the app).
Any additional questions should be asked here, in this thread.

Known issues:

• Errors involving:
    TRACE: at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(...)
    and/or
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core(...)
    can be fixed by updating to or reinstalling latest .NET Framework (usually happen with framework 4.0).
  • Some types of *.wav sound files (including most of windows theme sounds!) can not be played by the app. This can't be fixed as sound engine is 3rd party. It is recommended to try re-saving them as wav or converting to ogg format using any sound editing software.
  • Moving wurm game client directory may require you to run wizard again. This will fix any issues with errors, searching logs, timers, granger and so on.

Surgery:
If you need to manually edit any WA2 settings, you can find the data directory by pasting this into explorer address bar:
%localappdata%\AldurCraft\WurmAssistant2\

Normally you should avoid changing anything there, but in case of possible bugs or feedback this may be useful.

Old version of Wurm Assistant:
WA 1.x is now an outdated version, but can still be downloaded from Here (choose install option). WA2 has all features of WA1 (and more). Both are separate programs, with separate settings and databases. You can run both of them at the same time, if you so choose.

Source Code and licensing:
Source of this program is shared under GPL.
WA2: https://github.com/P.../WurmAssistant2
WA1 (discontinued): https://github.com/P...r/WurmAssistant

Wurm Assistant credits

Edited by Aldur, 12 April 2014 - 05:46 PM.

• As_I_Decay, Farmerbob, Stinky and 25 others like this

Wurm Assistant: bit.ly/wurma2

#2 Cally

Cally

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationCobalt Quay, Celebration

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

The horse thing is really cool, I would love to see that.

#3 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Found out there are still some conditions missing for queue sound. Also if anyone finds interface confusing please let me know.

#4 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Testing with friends brought these changes:

1.0.0.6 - 1.0.0.9
- minor bug fixes

- added option to minimize to tray
- tray context menu
- edit button for playlist entries
- all sounds mute toggle
- some ui tweaks
- fixed few more bugs and missing conditions for queue sound

Old versions need to be uninstalled before new will install. Sorry for that and will move to online publishing soon.

Also, it is very likely this tool will be added to Warlander's Wurm Online Toolbox in near future. Features there may lag behind this one, since I won't build a new library until module is finished and properly tested.

Edited by Aldur, 12 October 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#5 Trencal

Trencal

Villager

• Community Assistant
  • 663 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

I have to bump this topic.

I saw it a few days ago, was like eh, smart idea. Not sure if I'll ever use it.
I picked it up yesterday. And I have to say I love it.
I normally alt tab after queuing and do my own thing for a minute, then come back.
This lets me know exactly when i can come back and give a few more actions to get done.
Im so happy you did this.

I do have 1 question, Where can I find the wav files?

Since they're the specific kind, not sure the best way of getting them.
Insight - 20x 6y

#6 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Hello Trencal, I'm really happy you like it. :) And I'm also happy to say, the new version (not yet published) will be much better, it now supports more formats (most notable ogg, flac and mp3). As for wav themselves, there are many sites offering free wav resources, I didn't check them for a while (just using some local sounds for now) but an example is wavsource.com that I see is still online.

New version should appear on days, I'm just having minor problems with publishing and updates code.

#7 Reign

Reign

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Good program Aldur:) Gratz on that:D
  • Aldur likes this

#8 Yaga

Yaga

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 866 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hey,

I really like the idea of this program (tbh I always planned to write something like that myself ;) ), and I would really love to use it. BUT:

Wurm needs to be set for daily logging!

Why is that? I definitely don't like to do that as it will spam my logfile folder with thousands of files! (I am playing for more than a year now, and I'm using several alts.) I use to search my logfiles for various things and the logfile management would certainly be much harder if I had to browse through 1000 logfiles instead of 30!

So, here is my suggestion: why not change the program logic and enable the tool to search through monthly logfiles as well? I did that for my WurmClock and it turned out to be rather easy.

Apart from that: good job - keep on going! :)

Edited by Yaga, 21 October 2012 - 02:19 PM.

WurmClock: <forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/61451-wurmclock-desktop-app-showing-current-wurm-time-and-date/>

#9 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Ya well, no need to be so upset. If you need it, I'll give it a shot. Although I may need some feedback afterwards, I'll need to modify quite a lot (that's the reason it was daily files to begin with, the old code I've used was not suited for big files).
I'll try to modify all that within next week.

Also I like your clock, handy gadget. :)

#10 Yaga

Yaga

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 866 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Oops! Sorry if I sounded upset - I wasn't :) Was just trying to point out this issue and place a request; no offence meant. I really like the idea of your tool. Thanks for trying to solve this - no need to hurry, though.

May I ask for another feature, please?

Program will install in current user AppData directory and place shortcut on desktop.

Would it be possible to let the user decide where to install the program and whether to place a desktop shortcut?
(I can always delete the shortcut, of course - but I usually install all my tools in a special location :) ) Just a proposal...

Keep it going, mate! :)
WurmClock: <forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/61451-wurmclock-desktop-app-showing-current-wurm-time-and-date/>

#11 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yes, a standalone (and portable) option is on my todo list already, although not a very high priority. Right now I've decided to pursue click-once because it offer easy auto-update and publishing. Unfortunately as you noticed, it's a bit too easy. :)

#12 Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationNew Port Benden, Celebration

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

That wavesource.com is just a loop of menus, cant' get anywhere on it.. Tried 2-3 other sites and apparently your .wav format is very very specific as none of the waves I find work.

Looks promising and is neat, can't wait for the next update!

EDIT: Copied default windows wav sounds over and works like a charm!

Edited by Nomadikhan, 22 October 2012 - 10:22 PM.

• Aldur likes this

Mayor of Port Benden

#13 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hi Nomad. I have just published new version, among the changes is new sound engine, so it's possible it will play these sounds now. If not, I would be glad to get one sample to study that format and figure what's wrong.

Also, Yaga, I have made support for monthly files and it should run smoothly (i hope).

The full list of changes will appear after installing app. Most notable:
  • new sound engine, supports many new formats, volume adjustments, playing multiple sounds at once
  • player choice menu (autofinds the path to log files, daily/monthly logging setting), sound bank menu (add, remove, rename and adjust individual sounds volume)
  • online install, autoupdate, preserving settings
  • sleep mode when Wurm is not launched
I will keep pushing new source to the github repository and it should still build and work correctly.

#14 Yaga

Yaga

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 866 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

Wow! Thanks, Aldur - I'll definitely test the new version within the next couple of days. Good job!
  • Aldur likes this

#15 puncher

puncher

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

All this teamwork and working for a larger goal and not self serving.. I had to check my pulse to make sure It was wurm.. Joking aside excellent work and keep up the great input. Also thanks for taking from your personal time to help fellow wurmians.
  • Aldur and Theos like this

#16 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

I have hopefully fixed VC redist issue and some other install problems. Click-Once version should now be safe to use.

#17 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

I have updated program to 1.1.1, which adds "active" toggle for each playlist entry, inactive entries won't play and this state can easily be swapped by right-clicking them.

The thing that made me do this was leading horses through half Exodus, I've added "You stop leading" entry and got a nice warning every time they go stuck in a wall (this should be in game!). Anyway I don't need that message on other occasions so instead of clumsy adding/removing it all the time, added this nice switch.

And with last bits of update tweaks, I'm ready to start working on new modules and open for more ideas from community. :)
More info on major and minor updates (including full changelog) is and always will be available in program after updates.

Edited by Aldur, 25 October 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#18 Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Perhaps, something to parse skill gains. Maybe have it record average skillgain per hour. It'd be nice to see, for example, my average gains on an iron vein for an hour, then switch and see my average gains on a lead vein the next hour. Useful for putting all these "perfect skillgain" myths to rest.

Also, for combat, record hits, misses, parries, glances... to yield an overall hit ratio? Trivial maybe, but would be interesting to see my average hit percentage in a given hunting trip or pvp skirmish. The same for block, to see an averaged block ratio/percentage.

That's all I can think of atm, loving this app so far! Very nice job on this, can't wait to see where it goes!!!

Mayor of Port Benden

#19 Aldur

Aldur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Added to my todo, can't promise exactly when but it will be done. :)
  • Nomadikhan likes this

#20 Nomadikhan

Nomadikhan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Unfortunately after it update to the current latest version as of this post, it no longer works. Crashes on startup. I PM'd you the error log it gives me.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not work, same error.

Mayor of Port Benden