Bundle of various tools for Wurm Online.
Supported systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8
- Granger: helps keep track of horses and hellhorses, and also with optimal herding decisions. Adding horses to the lists is trivial, all it requires is to smile and then examine any horse in your herds. Tons of options, highly configurable, the crowning feature of this bundle!
- Cooldown timers: meditation, path question, prayer, sermon, alignment (partial), junk sales and an option to add custom ones. Has a compact "widget" mode, that stays on top of Wurm client and can remind you of finished timers with sounds and popups.
- Triggers: can remind you of in-game events, skill gains or chat messages, for example by playing a sound or showing a popup. Can react to anything, that is logged by Wurm client. And it has a special trigger just for action queues, so you will never miss, when your character goes idle.
- Season calendar: shows time remaining until each season start and ends and can remind with sound or popup when a plant is in season.
- Log searching: can search all wurm logs, for example find all conversations with particular player or all meditation skill gains. Some say it's not as good as windows built-in search, I'll leave that opinion to you.
- Toolbelt mapper: simplifies creating wurm console scripts that can be used to quickly swap toolbelt configs (different tool sets on toolbelt).
- Very small download (below 4 MB), background friendly, uses only tiny amount of system resources and is very stable.
- Easy to setup. Wizard will help you configure Wurm Online game options to achieve best results for all features.
- Wurm Assistant Wiki will help you figure how to use each feature, if you run into any issues.
- Launcher will always keep your version up to date.
- Tons of more advanced options, that you will likely explore over time and the upcoming Python scripting engine, where you'll be able to enrich Assistant with pretty much any idea of your own, using all the toolkit it brings with itself (for example, monitoring and searching logs, playing sounds, showing popups).
An important note about feature requests and feedback:
First of all, I strongly encourage everyone to SHARE your opinions, ideas and report all bugs. No need at all to read through the thread, if you have an issue, just shoot it! You can PM me, we can chat if needed. Bottom line is, that Assistant is made for You (among other Wurmians). Be sure to take interest in the roadmap, it is your window to the future!
And don't forget, that work on this tool is sponsored purely by donations. Donating is the best way to say thanks, even just 5$, it all adds up. Try the app, see if you like it, you can always follow the in-app button to the paypal site (and that button can be hidden, if you don't like it!).
Lets make Wurm a better game!
You must have .NET Framework 4.0 or newer installed.
Always start Wurm Assistant with WurmAssistantLauncher.exe, it will download or update to latest version of Assistant and then start it.
Note: Some anti-virus software makes issues with current way Launcher is programmed (for example Avast). If you run into them, try to exclude launcher directory from scanning. I am currently working on a much better launcher, that will not have such issues.
Road Map: https://trello.com/b.../wurm-assistant
You can track current work on Wurm Assistant and also give feedback and vote on ideas. Highly encouraged!
Alternative download option:
Use this option only when you run into issues with launcher.
Notes: these builds will not autoupdate, new versions must be downloaded manually.
Suspect WA has a virus?
Scan it in https://www.virustotal.com/
To make WA start with windows:
Win7 and earlier: add a shortcut to WurmAssistantLauncher.exe into autostart / startup directory in menu start - all programs.
Win8: there is some more work required: guide
To get most up-to-date help, please consult Wurm Assistant Wiki (link also in the app).
Any additional questions should be asked here, in this thread.
- Errors involving:
TRACE: at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(...)
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core(...)
can be fixed by updating to or reinstalling latest .NET Framework.
- Some types of *.wav sound files (including most of windows theme sounds!) can not be played by the app. This can't be fixed as sound engine is 3rd party. It is recommended to try re-saving them as wav or converting to ogg format using any sound editing software.
- Moving wurm game client directory may require you to run wizard again. This will fix any issues with errors, searching logs, timers, granger and so on.
If you need to manually edit any WA2 settings, you can find the data directory by pasting this into explorer address bar:
Normally you should avoid changing anything there, but in case of possible bugs or feedback this may be useful.
All feature requests are always welcome!
Coders can also use this program code to create their own tools or WA forks, as long as GPL licensing is respected. Read at the bottom of this post for details.
Old version of Wurm Assistant:
WA 1.x is now an outdated version, but can still be downloaded from Here (choose install option). WA2 has all features of WA1 (and more). Both are separate programs, with separate settings and databases. You can run both of them at the same time, if you so choose.
Source Code and licensing:
Source of this program is shared under GPL (not for commercial usage, this includes wurm developers). Everyone is welcome to take all or some of WA code, create their own programs or forks of this one, as long as it honors the license.
WA1 (discontinued): https://github.com/P...r/WurmAssistant
Wurm Assistant credits
Need a wizard to fix your code? Well, here I am! Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
Edited by Aldur, 05 March 2014 - 05:19 PM.