Wurm Assistant 2 early alpha is now available, check the "ALPHA BUILDS" section near the bottom of this post.
I am looking for alpha/beta testers! Check this post
Follow this thread for latest updates!
Consider promoting community tools by putting below links in your alliance MOTD:
Wurm Assistant: http://tinyurl.com/wurma2
Warlander's DeedPlanner: http://tinyurl.com/wurplan
Stargrace's Resources Thread: http://tinyurl.com/wurmres
About Wurm Assistant:
This program is designed to do, what Wurm itself is not doing but ought to. It tracks cooldowns for some tricky skill grinds, it can play extra sounds on any and all game events, it will help you decide how to breed your horses, it gives you a convenient way to search game logs and it helps in not missing the seasonal harvests.
And in near future it will do even more, so stay tuned! Follow this thread for latest updates. You can also follow me on twitter which will soon become my main channel for all my Wurm-related and other sandbox-games and programming related work!
But wait, what does this program do, exactly? This is feature list as of version 22.214.171.124 (also check the planned features at the end of this post):
- Has a seasons calendar
- Shows time to each season
- You can set warning sound or popup for when a season starts
- Tries to use many sources to know wurm time accurately
- Can play sounds on events
- Option to enable queue sound, which will play when your character finishes whatever he/she is doing, supports most of in-game actions right out of the box.
- You can set custom sounds, that will play when specific text is found in an event, chat or other in-game message window.
- You can also write regular expressions as conditions for the sounds (this is advanced option, can help with many more complex needs).
- You can add any and as many sounds as you like, of many common formats (most notably wav, ogg and mp3)
- You can tweak the sounds volumes, even individually, straight in the program, no need to use other sound studio soft.
- Multiple sounds playing at once will mix thanks to the nice Irrklang engine, you wont miss a thing!
- And that's not all - you can choose completely different settings for each of your alts!
- Can search your game logs
- You can search all your logs, from just one window!
- There are many search options to get you exactly what you need:
- Find all messages in given time frame, from a particular chat window, event log, combat log and other sources, for any log type and for any of your in-game characters!
- Find all PM's in given time window, they will be arranged and grouped together for readability.
- Alternatively, just find PM's coming from a specific player
- You can also search for specific text in your logs. Use * symbol to indicate any number of any characters in between of your keywords. All finds will be highlighed and listed, so you can easily jump between them.
- Finally, you can search using a regular expression instead of simple matching.
- Will work for all your log files, they can be in monthly or daily format or a mix of these, it makes no difference. (although single-file Wurm logging mode is not supported)
- And it will even be up to date with new messages as they appear in Wurm client, automatically!
- Helps with grinding meditation and priestly things (faith, favor and even sermons)
- Fully featured, smart timers for both meditation and faith grinds.
- All timers account for many weird in-game mechanics that affect cooldown durations in unintuitive ways, things like server uptime or how many times you meditated/prayed. More on these can be found in wurmpedia or alternatively just trust the timer and forget they exist!
- Yes, the sermon cooldown includes the above as well!
- Furthermore, you can set sound or popup notifications to warn you, when a cooldown finishes.
- And obviously, you can choose the options apprioriate for each of your alts!
- Helps with breeding and managing your horses
- This feature is still in beta
- Smile at the horse, then examine it. That's it, it's in your database now! More so, do that again and all it's data will be updated!
- It will allow you to catalog all your horses and will advise how to breed among them.
- You can set values for each of the traits a horse can have (negative for bad traits, positive for good traits), that's all program needs to give you meaningful suggestions on how to breed them.
- Clicking on a horse will highlight good and bad breeding candidates in range of red-yellow-green colors respective to how good/bad idea it is to breed them. Best candidate is always highlighted in special color.
- Program recognizes any inbreeding and will mark such candidates in deep red color. It can also exclude horses already pregnant and recently bred.
- More options can be tweaked, to for example optimize breeding decisions to get higher-traited horses or weed-away all bad traits.
- You can group horses into herds, for easier management or to catalog your neighbors.
- Program can figure your animal husbandry skill and will specially mark any traits, that were not visible upon last examine. These traits do not affect breeding decisions, but they are shown indicating how good/bad can the horse ultimately turn out to be. (This option currently doesn't work correctly for Epic server cluster but can be disabled)
- Identically named horses will most likely not mess your data due to many safeguards.
- Finally, if you need so, you can add/delete/edit horses by yourself.
- (planned) export the data to a file.
- Efficient, safe and self-updating
- Program goes to sleep when your Wurm client is not launched, as to use as little of your computer resources as possible.
- It can also be set to minimize to tray instead of taskbar.
- While the program itself may have bugs, it will never do anything fishy to your computer, it is not even saving anything to system registry, other sensitive locations or installing any 3rd party libraries other than .NET Framework itself. Any Wurm client files it accesses are strictly treated as read-only.
- Program installs using microsoft click-once to a unique place and can be uninstalled simply via add-remove programs. It saves all it's configuration and other data in it's own dedicated directory and nowhere else: AppData\YourUserName\Local\AldurCraft\WurmAssistant
- Each time you run the program, it will check for updates and ask to install them. No need to re-install anything.
- I make an extra effort to ensure, that program is malware-free. When in doubt about 3rd party code, I'd rather do it myself than use dubious libraries. Furthermore nobody can make code-modifications without my permission and knowledge.
Before you download:
Please read the install notes (a bit lower into this post), be aware of know bugs (same) and please report any bugs you may notice (please provide some meaningful feedback while doing so, else I won't be able to help).
This tool will never allow or help with any activity that's considered cheating. Please never ask me for features that would play the game for you or invade Wurm client internals in any way. In case of asking for a feature, that's already realized by another tool, I suggest first contacting that tool author. There are no promises on any feature request, but anyone is free to code one him/herself using this tool code.
Bugs may and will happen, please report them in this thread. Please provide some information as to what may be the source of bug, especially the program log. There is no guarantee bugs will be fixed, especially those "bugs" caused by some users inability to read instructions.
You can download this program Here (choose install option). If this doesn't work, read below for alternate download.
INSTALL NOTES (please read!):
Installer will create a program shortcut on your desktop. Updates will be checked before program launch and you will be asked to download if any are found. Downloading updates is mostly safe and recommended, I publish only the builds that are tested and seem to run fine. In an off chance a program-breaking issue happens, please contact me and I'll help fixing it as soon as possible.
In-game settings needed for this app optimal performance (or any performance at all):
- This list is available in the program, when choosing your character and alts. Be sure to set them all correctly before assuming you found a bug!
If you find some in-game settings grayed out (not possible to be changed), you need to do it in the game launcher (before starting Wurm Client)
- If you get any CLR20r3 issue or other "missing something" error, you should try to manually install x86 Visual C++ Redistributable 2010. This should not be necessary under normal circumstances so please report if you run into this issue. Additional requirements should be automatically installed by setup (.NET 4.0 and Installer 3.1).
- First launch of the program can be bumpy, timers may show incorrect values and such. Once you restart Wurm and this app, everything should be running smoothly.
- Calendar can be bugged for some players and fail to update wurm date correctly. It has been bugfixed half a dozen time, it's safe to say it may require few more.
- Updates are optional, but I recommend downloading them.
ALTERNATIVE WAY TO GET THE PROGRAM:
If the click-once installer or it's hosting doesn't work, you can get this program here:
Download the zip, unzip somewhere and should work. If you don't have .NET 4.0, you need to download and install it separately.
Keep in mind, this version will not update automatically. You will need to manually download new builds.
The full and current project source is shared on Github. You can build the github solution right off the box with Visual C# Express 2010.
Code for all versions is shared under GPL license, which means any derived work has to stay GPL as well.
Any further questions regarding working with source, please PM me.
- IMPORTANT: If you change your character settings in this program (for example, change alts for which you run Assistant) and you have some module window open, it will not update to reflect this change and some features may not work. Simply closing and reopening that window will fix this issue.
- First launch may be quirkly. Restarting app and Wurm seems to fix many issues.
- You should not meditate in the same spot, it may cause a timer, when it shouldn't.
- Timers will not work correctly, if you try to rely on them while moving between Freedom and Epic. This cannot be avoided even by turning timers off, a solution will eventually be made.
- There may be layout glitches due to program using Windows Forms interface, which doesn't always scale well between different systems and other settings.
- Some users reported distorted playback from FLAC sound files. As sound engine is not my work, this bug will remain until Ambiera fixes it.
- Some users reported Calendar showing wrong season times. This is under investigation, any extra feedback is welcome.
- There is a rare bug, where trying to create a new Wurm account directly from game launcher, causes empty player folders to be created, which cause Assistant to run into loops over caching log files. Source of this bug is unknown and it couldn't be reproduced. Deleting these folders seems to fix it.
Due to lack of time, I need to limit my work on Wurm Assistant.
I am back full-time on this project, until further notice. Future for this project looks bright, it will soon be updated to Wurm Assistant 2 and later expanded with interactive server maps, that will thus enable such cool ideas as website links, memos or trading offers visible right on the map and updateable by community itself! This also enables some other cool possibilities, like showing last deed player has visited!
Also this program will soon see some nice integration. There will be a dedicated website for it, the server will also enable some proper data syncing, which is essential for server maps to work correctly. Also Assistant will see integration with some other tools being currently developed by Warlander (3d deed planner), Kermitt (2d deed planner) and Ashyja (trading-auction system for Wurm). Furthermore, program will maintain list of other notable tools available for Wurm and give quick links to obtain them from their authors.
One other benefit of website server is that Assistant 2 will have a convenient feedback button, which will allow quick send of any feedback or bug report straight to database, as well as some browsable list of bugs/issues and their possible fixes. Combined with the fact, that program log will automatically be appended to these reports, it will make tracking and fixing bugs MUCH easier.
Wurm Assistant 2 will also sport IronPython support. This means, it will be possible to write scripts and even semi-modules, that take full advantage of what codebase of WA can offer - such as wurm log message feeds, log searching, wurm date and time, wurm client settings, sound API and some of the upcoming features, like map data. That is not even all, as each of those mentioned functionality will be (actually most already is) turned into dedicated libraries pluggable to any .NET project, thus enabling anyone to make their own mini-tools at fraction of effort.
I'd like to thank all who contributed to this project, especially many Freedom and Cheese alliance friends on Exodus! I'm building a list of everyone who really helped me with it and it will soon be posted here.
ALPHA BUILDS of Wurm Assistant 2:
Wurm Assistant 2 is now available for early testing. This version involved substantial code rewrite and thus it is a separate program. You can get the latest alpha build here:
Things you ought to know about this alpha:
- It will not autoupdate, you need to download new versions manually, extract somewhere and run with .exe
- It does not share ANYTHING with your regular Wurm Assistant installation, not even settings. You can test it safely and even run both programs at once.
- It is missing features, because they need to be ported and adjusted to this new code. This will happen gradually.
- Many things will not work, look weird or miss functionality, this is normal for alpha.
- It may so happen that program will refuse to cooperate after upgrading alpha version. In that case, please delete it's data directory, it will be here:
If you need to do this, please DO NOT accidentally delete WurmAssistant directory (the one without "2").
- New major alpha builds will likely be announced here in new posts.
- (completed) Core Assistant rewrite
- (completed) Refactor sound, log searching and other core features
- (completed) Configuration wizard for easier setup.
- (completed modules subset) New interface for main window.
- Website and bug reporting tool
- Calendar port
- SoundNotify rebuild
- Timers rebuild
- Granger rebuild
- Custom tools and links support
126.96.36.199 and later
- Interactive server map.
- Integration with upcoming WurmTrader service.
- IronPython integration for custom scripting.
- Combat assistant
- Community features
Edited by Aldur, 21 May 2013 - 01:08 PM.