Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

Unplayable

Today the disconnects have made the game impossible to play. I've been logged on less than an hour and have had FIVE disconnects. Over tha past couple of days it's gone from rare lag and disconnects to constant lag and disconnects. Completely unacceptable. Please do not give SLEEP BONUS. It's pointless to dish out sleep bonus if you already have five hours. It's an insult. I would rather have my game time back.

This issue is to do with the hacker group Anonymous who are targetting some Swedish sites with DDoS attacks. Wurm is not being targetted but it is being affected in terms of lag.

Hi, sorry to hear you're having difficulties. Could you post more details, like which server you are on and if there are crash logs or if you are simply getting the proverbial door shut in your face with an unexplained disconnection.

Celebrity. Just sudden disconnects with no crash log.

No disconnect since I posted.

Hey, instead of giving sleep bonus which leaves some of us with nothing cuz out sleep bonus is already maxed how about game time in hour increments? At least that way all premimum players will be compenstated instead of just some people.

And thanks for the info Wossoo. At least it helps knowing what's happening.

Edited by Sarcaticous

Giving back game time, is bad for business and not thus not exactly favorite.

However instead of straight out topping the sleep bonus, they could give out reembursements that use the same system as the refers, but gives an option for sleep bonus instead of time or money.

That way, everyone gets the same and doesn't miss the reimbursement, because of bad timing.

Dunno Keldun. I suppose 'insult' isn't the right word. More like unfair like you suggest. But yes, something other than the current sleep bonus is needed. I have seen many MMO that do give game time when things go bad. They don't seem to be suffering at all. I'm not talking about days but rather an hour or two.

Now, first of all this downtime is not our fault this time. The way I've been thinking, adding an hour or two of game time will quickly feel pointless. Your premium will often run out in the middle of the night or during work hours and you'll never even notice receiving it. The worth of it will be a few cents (pick your currency). To me it would feel like banging my chest saying "Wow, look you get free time!" while I'd really feel like I was cheating you with a cheap marketing trick.

If, on the other hand we were to give everyone a full day of compensation each time this happened we could end up noticing it financially which we really can't afford since we invest so heavily at the moment.

However! It's actually possible that many of you would enjoy the odd hours of compensation since maybe it allows you to play one last evening before resubbing. So you may be right and I should rethink.

• Like 2

That or sleep bonus, which can be spent however we please. I don't get why a system such as Keldun suggested hasn't been added long ago. I'll agree that reimbursing a few hours of premium time is useless unless implemented in the aforementioned manner (the one Keldun described a few posts up).

It is not Wurms fault so why should Wurm offer any compensation

• Like 1

This. You already do more than most games in compensating players for stability glitches. Some very major publishers do absolutely nothing for their games regardless of cause. I see no reason why you should do anything for events outside your control.

If you really feel the need to do something and it's technically feasible then I'd suggest whenever there's a glitch simply adding a non-transferable but redeemable SB token to everyone's inventory. The token could have various time increments.

For random crap like this that's simply not your fault either do nothing or give 15, 30 or more minute token. For larger major outages a 5 hour token and for others anywhere from 1 to 5 hours.

That will be more attractive than any prem time increment which as you note is either too small to be noticeable or so large as to be financially problematic. The SB is monetarily neutral.

Giving out free game time isn't the best idea, as it hurts financially. Assuming accounts have some sort of tag as to when they last logged in, that tag could be checked and a "referral" added to the account in the form of sleep bonus. This allows people who don't have time to spend all their fresh sleep bonus, or sleep bonus they have stored up, a chance to spend what they feel they have earned.

Edited by BobMcKnob

Wurm isnt crashing. Your connections to the game are crashing ie your internet path. That is not the games fault therefore NOTHING should be given to anyone affect by a internet issue.

Edited by Drpox

I think the sleep bonus is fine unless its like a week long deal or something. I would like it if the SB would stack with what you already have though that way it is not wasted if you already have some saved up.

• Like 1

This issue is to do with the hacker group Anonymous who are targetting some Swedish sites with DDoS attacks. Wurm is not being targetted but it is being affected in terms of lag.

..Last time someone made a lag thread you quickly dismissed it, said it wasn't a problem for Wurm, and then locked the thread. People have been complaining about this for months now, maybe if someone had listened and addressed the concerns.

This has been going on for a long time now, I stopped playing Wurm myself because of it. There's just too much chance/risk to go out and PvP with the lag. I'm kind of shocked, disappointed, yet oddly expected that people seem to be ignoring the issue here. This is ONE time, and Rolf posts saying, "We aren't going to give you 2 hours." 2 hours? You think all that's been a problem lately has been 2 hours? I don't know what to say, maybe you should try playing the game for a change if you believe this is the only occurance of lag.

Sure, don't refund us for the 2 hours alone or so, but how about for the last 4 months of lag spikes and random disconnects and the failure to do anything about it whatsoever?

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

One of the problems i am having is i'm not even sure that this was Rolf that posted this. I think there are other people that can use/post from his account now and it is not clear to me if this is him or the PR guys. Here is one post that was one of the PR guys.. http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/65090-webserver-up/

If Rolf is posting i would like to know for sure that it is him and not the PR team using his account.

We all have to make sacrifices in the fight against governmental attempts to censor the free sharing of information between civilians. A few hours of lost premium time is not the worst thing in the world.

There's ways to fix this :

*Allow sleep bonus to stack.

*Give out some sort of bonus code that can be activated for the sleep bonus (Probably the easiest way to do it).

*Give some other type of bonus that can be activated (5x skillgain or 10x skillgain for some hours , free building (does not spend building materials for some time) and so on).

*Give something fancy like a teleport coin that can be used once to port back to home instantanly.

Hmm...did I say this time Gimli? No I didn't. I meant anytime at all. Ever. In perpetuity. Forever. Or at least as long as the grass grows, the wind blows and the water flows and it's a WURM problem. :P

Edited by Sarcaticous

One of the problems i am having is i'm not even sure that this was Rolf that posted this. I think there are other people that can use/post from his account now and it is not clear to me if this is him or the PR guys. Here is one post that was one of the PR guys.. http://forum.wurmonl...0-webserver-up/

If Rolf is posting i would like to know for sure that it is him and not the PR team using his account.

That post is an automatic repost from the blog which the PR team obviously needs access to. Back then the blog was doing those reposts under Rolf's name, which caused confusion, but now it got it's own account, for exactly those reasons you mentioned.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 2

Remove cap on sleep bonus and continue giving that when problems arise. If its not already like this, make it so only premium bed use gives SB.

I could care less about an hour or two extra premium time, or even a day for that matter.

Edited by joedobo

That post is an automatic repost from the blog which the PR team obviously needs access to. Back then the blog was doing those reposts under Rolf's name but now it got it's own account, for exactly those reasons you mentioned.

That makes scene and i am not bashing the PR team they are doing a good job for being so new. I just want to know that it is Rolf when i see his posts. For me it makes things more personable when he responds to a problem or gives us his thoughts and feedback to concerns that might arise.

That makes scene and i am not bashing the PR team they are doing a good job for being so new. I just want to know that it is Rolf when i see his posts. For me it makes things more personable when he responds to a problem or gives us his thoughts and feedback to concerns that might arise.

Currently the people with access to the blog are Rolf, Wossoo and some of the lead devs such as Zcul. Although many posts are by Rolf it was getting confusing whenever anyone else posted and so having a dedicated dev blog account is better. I can see what you mean though about not always knowing who has posted what - we could consider making it so that whoever posts on the blog has to sign their name at the bottom so that players know who made each post.

The money (5€) Rolf is charging this game per month is ridiculously cheap. For this amount of money you get a 24/7 ingame service of (voluntary) GM, CM and CA. Then there is lag Rolf and the rest of the team are not responsible and Wossoo, in his position as a voluntary PR manager, takes the time to explain the situation to the community. I'm really wondering when you guys appreciate all the work and stop complaining about everything.

• Like 5