Photo

Bedroll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 belthize

belthize

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

After seeing the new backpack graphics http://forum.wurmonl...67046-backpack/ how about a 'bedroll' item. It shouldn't really compete with beds so maybe something along the lines of:
  • Can be used anywhere including caves, takes fur/sheet to make
  • Can't be repaired and takes significant damage from each use so maybe 5 or 10 uses before it's destroyed
  • Adds SB at 50% rate.
  • Takes 5 minutes to leave world so plopping down in middle of forest is potentially bad idea.

#2 Aetherwalker

Aetherwalker

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

So long as there are big downsides compared to a bed, I don't see why not.

Beware the bringer of light. He'll make you see things you'd rather hide. And he'll allow them to see you.

#3 Klaa

Klaa

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Always been an advocate of adding bedrolls with the aforementioned behavior. In addition to the implementation of collapsable tents.

Always and never.

#4 Hussars

Hussars

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Yay bedrolls!

For mechanics, there are a few things I'd be concerned with -

Might be easier to limit the SB to 50% of max, so if you have more than 2.5hours, it doesn't provide any additional SB gains.

Reason: At 50% gain rate, just means I stay offline longer, or use SB less often. Since a lot of folks seem to only use SB when they have a lot of it to use anyway, the slower gain isn't really a deterrent to using an easier to make item that can be used anywhere.

Usable only outside of deeds, or on deed but outside of buildings without templars enabled - maybe provides a message about ghostly protectors like to peep on you or something.

Reason: Any in-game threat from longer log outs (or increased aggro chances, etc...) have no impact on-deed (with a spirit templar) or inside houses/structures.

Limit it to only 1 bedroll per tile like beds.

Reason: Reduces a group's ability to "exploit" hostile mob pathing errors while gathering/hunting in an area.

Edited by Hussars, 20 September 2012 - 12:33 AM.

::Disclaimer:: I do not present myself, or my opinion, in any capacity beyond the same as any other player. My opinion is my own and just that, my opinion.