Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Wurm Online Toolbox And Wurm Online Calendar!

Wurm Online Toolbox

and

Wurm Online Calendar

Why I created Wurm Online Toolbox? I was always looking for program that contains all possible lauchers, maps and tools given in a convenient form, with many configuration options, frequent updates and built on the ideas given by community, but I couldn't find any, so I made it myself.

I am open to all community ideas and proposals of cooperation from other developers and/or from people who want to help. Donations are also welcome. ;)

Suggestions are what we need!

Download

Wurm Online Toolbox, version 1.0 ENG

This is beta version - there MAY be badly translated phrases, bugs and errors if I missed something.

Program need Windows XP/Vista/7/8 with NET.Framework 4 to work.

Other languages:

Screens

screenshot004ix.png

screenshot001ve.png

screenshot001qk.png

screenshot006jh.png

Program currently offers:

• all launchers, with option of instant launch or open with default browser
  • all server maps
  • lots of tools, and there will be even more!
  • express search on wiki
  • Wurm Online Calendar - very complex calendar, timer and reminder with lots of configuration options
  • Wurm Online Assistant - log reader, currently with some basic functions
  • Wurm Online Stats Viewer - skill dumps reader
  • autoupdate
  • make shortcuts, autostart with Windows
  • basic personalization options (I will add more)
  • technical support - I will solve all problems as soon as possible
  • frequent updates - I do not only present major builds, but also minor, stable updates
  • wide perspectives - I will develop a program to perfection, thanks to ideas of the community
  • open source - you can customize program to make it more useful for you, or even help in development

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 2

I was thinking about all this, and had been wondering how to put it all in one package. Normally it takes me 5 clicks to get to where I need to be.

Good job!

But, as a request, could you make it open source?

Beat me, I have been working on something similar to include news feeds, twitter feeds and other community tools. Very nice looking though well done.

But, as a request, could you make it open source?

I have spent many days on this program, but if there will be more requests I think that I can make it open source. I just hope that it would help in the development of the program, maybe even allow Wurmians to create additional tools and languages​​ which will be added to the program?

As I said, I'm going to develop this program to perfection and adapt to the requirements of the community.

Beat me, I have been working on something similar to include news feeds, twitter feeds and other community tools. Very nice looking though well done.

News and Twitter feeds are planned, but rather as a long term features. Program now consists of several community tools, but I am replacing them with my own, more complex tools.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

hi, i would like to translate it in german for you :)

Edited by noermel

open source so we can be 100% of no malware; not saying there is, but you never know

As requested, the program will appear on sourceforge soon, I will inform when this will happen. Part of the program, however, will have to be on Dropbox, because there are files responsible for checking the program version and I do not know how to move them elsewhere.

Sourceforge project is available here!

Now please also give me the suggestions about Sourceforge, I do not know this platform, so I probably did everything wrong. ;)

For everyone who want to check the project - Visual Studio Express is needed to open project without setup, better version to open project with setup.

Nearly all variables, comments and forms names are in polish language (Polish versions were created as the first), but I think this is not a problem for the developer and can be edited with ease. ;)

One important note - program checks version using txt files in this Dropbox.

Edited by Warlander

Open source for the win, but I've used it a bit so far, only thing i found that didn't work was the local launching of the experimental client. Other than that, awesome tool so far.

• Like 1

Open source for the win, but I've used it a bit so far, only thing i found that didn't work was the local launching of the experimental client. Other than that, awesome tool so far.

Fixed. If autoupdate option is checked, window asking for update should appear.

I am waiting for more suggestions and offers to help. ;)

Edited by Warlander

Version 0.5.1 released! I hope you like it, I added another option, which I really missed - ability to run multiple clients at once, at program boot. This option + program autostart with Windows in my opinion makes this option very useful! :)

now I'm looking for graphic designers and coders mostly - help in the development of the program!

Program has almost no skin - I'd like to change this, but I am very weak graphic designer.

Edited by Warlander

As a suggestion, could we have a custom map links option? For example, my map of Serenity has more detail

• Like 1

Hm, you created the setup for x64 - maybe you should switch to normal 32bit

As a suggestion, could we have a custom map links option? For example, my map of Serenity has more detail

I am working hard on calendar atm, but when I will finish, I will do it - thanks for suggestion, very good idea! :) This change will appear in the 0.6 or earlier minor build in options tab. EVERY map will be editable.

Hm, you created the setup for x64 - maybe you should switch to normal 32bit

I have tried, but unfortunately the program refuses to cooperate on 32-bit computers, at least on computers of testers. I will try to do something with it, but I do not know if I will succeed.

Edited by Warlander

Version 0.6 is out! I had to move all other changes to make one that is most important, nothing else is added in this edition. Don't worry, planned changes will appear in next version.

After several days of programming and whole day of debuging Wurm Online Calendar is complete!

It probably have some bugs, but I did as much as I could to make amount of bugs as little as possible. Currently clocks in the program must be adjusted manually, but soon option of internet synchronization will appear.

This program is VERY complex and work on it was extremely difficult, but I put in everything I planned except for internet synchronization.

Main Wurm Online Calendar features:

• see actual time in game, with highest possible precision!
  • two types of timers
  • ability to set /uptime
  • see system tray notification about seasons and timers with one of 9 sound effects!
  • season calendar
  • ability to start with or instead of Wurm Online Toolbox
  • can work in system tray

What more to say? Download, use program, comment and give me suggestions and info about bugs! :)

Here are some screens:

screenshot001qk.png

screenshot002ka.png

screenshot003g.png

screenshot004xi.png

@down - I am working on it, it seems that program have a critical bug which occurred after midnight.

Edited by Warlander

Downloaded this mainly for the calander. Too bad that part didn't work. Got an exception. :(

Everything works now, bugfix 0.6.0.1 is released - all existing and detected bugs are removed. I apologize for yesterday's version instability, I missed a few mistakes during debugging, but luckily today I managed to catch them.

I hope you will enjoy my WOC. ;)

Source code for version 0.6.0.1 will soon appear on Sourceforge. I need big help with mapping tool, prospector and house calculator, so if anyone knows visual basic 2010 well, please contact me. ;)

EDIT: Tons of minor changes in both WOT and WOC incoming.

Edited by Warlander

Stupid question, but how do you get this to update? Downloaded the sourceforge file, but no idea how to get it to work (programming challenged).

Do you downloaded .zip from summary page or download root page? If yes, after unzip you should see two files - setup.exe and setup.msi. Use the first one, if you want to make an update just install program in directory with previous version.

Got it, had to rename it in order to change it to .zip extension. Seems like it got taken off somehow. Thank you.

Everything is working now. ;)

Next version, 0.6.2 (or 0.7, depends on how big and complex will be this update) will bring basic integration with game logs. Do you have any suggestions for its features? Almost anything is possible to realize.

Edited by Warlander