Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Current Todo List

So I figured I’d be sharing my current todo-list:

I’m coding server collision checks for multi storey at the moment, making sure you don’t reach levels and rooms you shouldn’t. A bit of a hassle but I’m getting there. After that my todo list looks something like this:

Solve more old bugs

Help code multi storey movement

Start improving the game in various defined areas

That last part means changes that will first be discussed in the forums and IRC. It has to do with how we improve on some situations where the game has deviated from the vision and idea over the years.

We will start by explaining and discussing the vision more clearly in order to try and get everyone on the same line. We’re still a few weeks away from that and I have to focus on coding, but I’m going to do some parallel work with the PR guys so we can present it in a clear and understandable fashion.

View the full article

Excellent information, thanks. Any chance those IRC discussions can be posted somewhere so those who can't be on at that time can be included?

Visible armour and weapons as well as graphical and animation updates is the next big step.... please take it.

Visible armour and weapons as well as graphical and animation updates is the next big step.... please take it.

being taken :)

• Like 1

Maybe it should be a set time for the IRC discussions so that the people that don't normally use #wurm could have a chance to have their voice heard too?

edit: If nothing else give a shout in-game so those people that are online can turn it on at the time it is going on.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

being taken :)

This is coming but it's small fish to fry compared to the possibilities that exist.

Concerning the last point, and the explanation after it has made me very excited with the changes to come. It almost sounds like Rolf is going to look into Chaos! Very good news indeed.

Looking forward to the chats in IRC and over the forums, although dates along with copies of the conversations would be most welcome.

Not Rolf's job actually. But others are already taking it.

We will start by explaining and discussing the vision more clearly in order to try and get everyone on the same line. We’re still a few weeks away from that and I have to focus on coding, but I’m going to do some parallel work with the PR guys so we can present it in a clear and understandable fashion.

I wanted to pull those words back in to focus. This isn't going to come at us tomorrow.

The biggest part is that it looks like he is going to seek out our opinions directly. I like it.

...Red, I'm with ya! Chaoschaoschaoskthx

Edited by Makarus

Concerning the last point, and the explanation after it has made me very excited with the changes to come. It almost sounds like Rolf is going to look into Chaos! Very good news indeed.

Hmm, if that is indeed mostly about returning Wild back to its original state as "the vision" and leaving Freedom pretty much alone, I think that will make a lot of people happy on all sides ^_^

Sign in to follow this